Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can someone have genital and oral herpes at the same time?

RapBlue79

Reaction score
A friend of mine told me about his aunt who has oral herpes. An ex-boyfriend of hers had genital herpes, and while they had been together for years, and his aunt never recieved genital herpes. He wasn't positive if they had any unprotective sex. He says that she told him that if you have oral, you're immune to the genital counterpart.

Is that true? Please give proof.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Try google.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not true, I don't have proof only because I'm too lazy to google for what I know is a fact.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you have oral, you're immune to the genital counterpart.

No, I seriously doubt it. Any virus has multiple strains, so it is almost impossible to say anything with certainty. To assume immunity is a giant leap, and it seems foolhardy. Regarding HSV2 (genital) transmission, if a woman is savvy about the tingling sensation that precedes an outbreak, it is possible for hsv2 to not be transmitted between married couples that do not use protection. My ex-wife is hsv2+, and we researched this topic extensively. One research study we read said that the rate of transmission for hsv2 between a positive and a negative spouse is about 10% per year of marriage, using no protection. I never got it after five years of marriage. Condoms give only minimal protection, because they don't cover all of the area where sores could be, and hsv is spread by skin-to-skin contact.

Titanium

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently read somewhere that oral herpes is the worse of the two strains, and is far more aggressive than genital herpes (people can die if it attacks their brain, go blind when it attacks the cornea, etc).

The oral herpes virus can cause both strains (genital & herpes) when transferred to someone else; but, they say that those who are commonly infected with oral herpes seem to never have a break out 'down there'….or may only experience it once in their life time. I don’t think the article suggested that this is because people become immune to a genital break out…but because the oral virus is the more aggressive, it takes over.

Wish I could find that article....if I do I'll post it.

It also went on to say that EVERYONE contracts oral herpes at some point, and usually in childhood. The virus stays in the body forever and becomes localized in nerve cells in the neck near the ear region (the genital herpes virus becomes localized in the lower spine). Depending on individual immune system - one may never have an out break of oral herpes again. Those who commonly do, have immune systems which are unable to fight the virus.

From what I've read, genital herpes is a rather weak strain, and is not as serious as oral herpes....but the social stigma associated with 'sexually transmitted disease' has the medical industry focused on the lesser strain, while ignoring the more dangerous oral strain.

Hopefully one day medical science will focus instead on individual immune system – as this ultimately determines who gets it, and who is more susceptible to it. It would be a good idea because they’re beginning to suspect herpes in connection with different forms of cancers.

This also interconnects with the HPV virus. Those whose immune systems are susceptible to herpes virus are also more susceptible to the effects of the HPV virus. Supposedly, 90% of men carry HPV – while having no known (?) health effects from it. HPV causes cancer in women. This is largely why, throughout time, women have been having hysterectomies, and dying from cervical / ovarian cancers….or other cancers after it has spread. It took years for medical science to catch on to this. Just recently, they have come out with a vaccine.

There haven't been many studies to date in regards to how carrying HPV in the body affects men or women, and overall health, because again, medical science and society is focussed on only one strain - that is, the 'sexually transmitted' genital warts strain.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got diagnosed with oral herpes through a blood test. I've never had any sores, or any signs of it being present. The doctor told me that something like 80% of adults have it, although many will have no symptoms.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i have both.
Aren't there 2 types of oral herpes-- the kind that is sexual transmitted and the other type that is harmless???

Here's a questions can you transfer herpes simplex to your own genetial region???

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you transfer herpes simplex to your own genetial region???

I think so. I read an online rant of a poor kid who had that happen to him. He was a virgin with an std.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Can you transfer herpes simplex to your own genetial region???

I think so. I read an online rant of a poor kid who had that happen to him. He was a virgin with an std.
life is unforgiving:cry:

Road Demon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They are 2 different viruses, from an antigenic point of view:

HHV-1 (HSV1) generally affects the oral mucusa, generally hangs out in the trigemial ganglion. outbreaks more common, but less painful.

HHV-2 (HSV-2) generally affects the genital area, generally hangs out in the sacral ganglion. outbreaks less common, more painful.

HHV= Human herpes virus, more correct name for herpes simplex virus

A ganglion is a nerve bundle, where the herpes virus chills out until you get some sort of stress the herpes virus that is normally dormant reactivates, travels down the nerve, and erupts at a sensory ending forming small little vesicles (little blisters) filled with loads of virus.

You can get either one in one or both places, although HSV-1 normally hangs out orally, HSV-2 hangs out below the waist.

So unlikely, but possible to have both HSV 1 and 2 in the same place. Not worth it to differentiate in a lab as the treatment is the same.

Sounds possible, you can autoinoculate yourself if you touch a fever blister on your lip and then masterbate with a rough touch, lol. I would think it is more likely with a primary outbreak (infection), then with a secondary outbreak. Some variables come into play that deal with the immune system status that might prevent infection, but still possible.

hope that helps answer your question.

Oh yeah, I'm a scientist...

j