Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Resilient's Approachzilla Journal

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Approachzilla vs. 300HBs!
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1418/2630/400/god8.0.jpg

I've been in the community since November, but didn't start sarging until February this year. So far my success has been so so. I've gotten a few sloppy numbers and k-closes, but all the HBs don't live locally, so no day2s for me. I've had approach anxiety and a sticking point with #closing, but that's begining to fade with the more times I sarge.

My unorthodox 300 approaches won't be about redemption from AFC relationships or other silly concepts but about developing solid rapport and attraction skills. All my encounters will be posted here in a similar FR format. Sometimes I'll be sarging alone other times I could be out with friends, family, or wings - but ultimately, the goal is to approach at least several attractive women a week. I won't become a machine to get 300, but if I'm out and about and I'm in the proximity of a beautiful lady, I won't hesitate and just approach ala 3s rule and see where it leads. I made a promise to myself to be non-exclusive for a year at the begining of the year, so hopefully we'll see some DRs progress here, no LTRs under any circumstances! I'll accomplish this project within four months time.

The focus MUST be on having fun and getting creative with approaches! For the most part my game will be direct in external environments (bars,clubs) and indirect in internal environments (bookstore, coffee shop). This creative journal is sort of a process that will motivate me to go out and approach more and sticking to evolving character.

MODUS OPERANDI
Female stranger
Obey 3sec rule.
#close(vibe first)
@close(sloppy vibe)
At least 2-3 approaches a day
Casual dating; non-exclusive
First 25 battles will be in FR format
(convo highlights, key factors, improve on)

STATISTICS
Race: White/caucasian
Height: 5'9"
Mass: 147 lbs.
First Field Appearance: Feb 06'
Style: Natural (no routine openers)
AMOGs: Kill em' with kindness
Method: Juggler

PRE-WAR POWERS
EC: 50
M&F convo: 10
F only convo: 10
Rejections: 10
#close: 6
@close: 1
k-closes: 2
LMR: 1

VISUAL WAR STATEGY:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1418/2630/400/approach.0.jpg

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
All the guys that I PMed early on when reforming to get a DJ mindset handled you know who you are. You guys rock!
I had a lot of DJ support in dealing with my oneitis. The AFC in me feels dead and I'm here to make sure it stays buried.
Having zero plates is much better than being a slave to the dreaded oneitis disease that tries to pulls us all into the abyss!

Props to Bourne for inspiration; showing that any BAFC could become a DJ with courage and dedication.

COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, CRITIQUES of FRs/DRs welcome!

Let the battle begin!

0/300 approaches

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like you have put a lot of effort into the first steps... what is that, "hit the ground running"?

Good job man:) Hoping to see some of that old addage come to fruition.

Bourne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, mad props to you. I'm going to bookmark this.
Respect man, and good luck.

How did the juggler workshop go? Any tips and advice and such.

Good luck and I'll be checking in regularly.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the support you guys. I generally go out to sarge on big community events or bars/clubs Thursday-Sunday. So we'll see most of my approaches from those days/times.

Bourne, check my blog for my "big picture" review of the Juggler Method from the workshop. Great time. I'm much more of a charasmatic person. I go around smiling, shaking hands with everybody, and some hugs. I swear it didn't turn me gay, I'm just much more of a social guy now and begin to see HBs notice me big time when I show that I'm the most social guy in the room. The hard work pays off as you can tell nobody notices the guy who stands back against the wall with a beer against his chest looking down, lol.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
let the games begin!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Approach #1 Lounge (11:05pm)
Meet 2 wings at a lounge to sarge. They had already isolated two girls and were preoccupied so I made short introductions and made my way over to the bar. The bar is jam packed with no where to room. I see two chairs opened up so I slide into home base and steal a chair. A hot HB8 brunette in a ****tail dress does the near identical move.

Me: (nudge her elbow) Wow… we timed that crash landing at the same time and exact body motions – I’m impressed with your skills (smirk/grin)
HBEnergyDrink: Haha.. I know right? That was pretty cool. (Leans into my chair with a flirty smile) – IOI
HBEnergyDrink: What are you drinking?
Me: Rockstar
HBEnergyDrink: Without vodka? You should get it with vodka.
Me: Haha.. nah I’m staying sober tonight. Need something to lift me up (winks)
HBEnergyDrink: You should try XYZ drink. It’s really sweet. Nice taste.
Me: That sounds good, I like your knowledge on energy drinks!
Me: (leans in with hand out) So… what’s your name?
HBEnergyDrink: HBEnergyDrink
Me: Cool. I’m Resilient

Fluff talk, and I eject to rejoin friends. Couldn’t’ approach since the room was jam pack and too loud to chat – everyone began caveman so I left with wing to do cold approach sets outside lounge.

Improve on:
Not ejecting early, especially if she’s cute and into me!
Yell louder over music if we can’t hear each other

Wing notices a girl with a license plate purse so he tells me to go open up the 2set.

Approach #2 Lounge (11:45pm)
Me: Nice... I really like your purse, where did you get those?
HBLicensePlate: Oh my friend makes these, and I work at her shop. (Hands me her business card)
Me: Oh I see.. So you’re out on the night advertising the goods.
HBLicensePlate: Yep
Me: So Oregon huh? That’s kind of bland; you should have a California one since we’re in CA.
HBLicensePlate: Yeah, well I just like the design on this one.
Me: How about other sizes? Do you have small motorcycle plates for petite purses?
Her: Blah, blah
Me: Well guys I’m going to rejoin my friends. I had great talking with you all.

Improve on:
Making the interaction more about her and not what she sells.
Avoid the question train. It derails.

We then go to the bar across the street. I successfully AMOG then isolate a guy who my wing’s target was previously occupied with. My wing high-5 me when the AFC sweats and says the two of them have to “rejoin their friends”

Approach #3 Bar (12:30am)
HBlackDress (leaves to go the bathroom a few feet away to come back 5 mins later)
Me: I was saving your stool seat for you. Want it back? (smile)
HBBlackDress: (Looks at me weird) Thanks.. but I’m ok here.
Me: Alright cool.

Improve on:
Think of something better to say! lol

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Valentine's Date Oneitis Revisited.
Stayed out till 5AM Friday night, so I was lazy and hung out with family. Although had a double date w/5th wheel older brother. The HB was a friend of a girl friend of mine, whom I took out on a date valentines day last year. Follow up fell through the floor, so it was the first time seeing me again in over a year or so. I was waaaaay AFC back then and screwed up the date with my 90/10 nervousness, so I think she noticed the change for sure. I did ****y+funny, sexual innuendos, and alpha body language and tonality. I'd take her out for a day2,day3 -- but my older brother(5th wheel) is really interested in her. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since he needs rebound action after his divorce. lol.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Approach #4 Art & Culture Festival (3pm)
Drove my #1 wing down to an Art & Culture festival at first two sarge but then made a day out of it with 2 non-PUA friends: A HB8.5 Russian red head and her LDR b/f. We walk around for quite a while. All the while I’m working on making extended eye contact with some HBs. Got a few glances back, but didn’t want to approach since they were there walking side by side their mothers.

Finally later in the day I spot this pretty jet black hair 21 year old with a bright yellow t-shirt. I walk by her and tell my buddies she’s really cute. They weren’t into her, so I told them to wait while I approach. She was been chatted up by two older police officers. At first my buddies told me to say “Hey are these two guys bothering me?” So, I start to walk up like Mr. Smooth… but then chicken. I wait around her tent until two cops are gone.

She opens with her sales pitch and I smile big and begin laying the charm on her. I DHV a story about my injury 2 years ago in the gym and she recommends I come in for a $20 check up.

Me: Hey are you someone who operates machines that make your body go back and forth? (Body motion)
HBChiropractor: (Immediately gets the sexual reference – big smile into blush) LOL!!

More fluff.

Me: I gotta rejoin my friends HBChiropractor, but it was nice meeting you! (Shakes hand)
Her: You too! (smiles again)

We all walk to the end of the festival and begin to part. I walk back to parking garage at the end of the long street with my wing and spot the same girl by the tent again. I turn my head back as I walk by to see if she spots me among the crowd. She sees me and smiles big again with extended EC. So I tell wing:

Me: “It’s on. I gotta do this. I got to go back and get her phone #.”
Him: Definitely, you’ll probably never see her again outside her office, next time you see her you’ll be a customer.”

Start to walk back and I get visceral fear. I’ve never done a #close in day game. There were people around and she was busy talking to her girl friend. Wing goes next to other tent while I make my solo re-approach.

Me: Hey HBChiropractor, I had a great time talking to you earlier. I have to leave now with my friends, but I would like to get your phone #.
Her: (Smiles) Yeah sure. It’s ###.###.####
Me: Great. I’ll give you a call later!

Key factors:
Wing pushed me to #close when I had second thoughts.
First day game #close ever!
Biggest adrenaline rush I’ve had in a while.
Busted her on her job
Made the interaction sexual with my SOI

Improve on:
Speak slower
Re-approach slower
Deal with nervousness/approach anxiety
Practice more #closing in day approaches
Do throw away sets before the big approaches that I want to #close.
Eject 2-5 mins after #close. Not instantly.

4/300 Cold Approaches

Last edited:

dcfball

Don Juan
Reaction score
i like this journal for some reason. i hope you keep it up, i have one on this page too. a little long winded though. i tend to do that since i type so fast.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, I reember when I used to get caught on the question train... great question to solve it is asking the girl if your asking too many questions.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday, May 25, 2006

Approach #5 Hotel Club (8pm)
Walked over to 2set sitting in corner of hotel lobby:

Me: Hey guys, have you seen a tall 6’5” guy?
Younger HB: What does he look like?
Me: He’s Latin American. Can’t miss him.
Older HB: No, we haven’t seen him.
Me: Ah no worries. He’s my business partner and I was told to meet him down here.
Anyway, thanks for your help. You guys have a nice night.

I eject. Couldn’t find anything to relate on and they didn’t re-engage me.

Approach #6 Bar across from hotel (8:30pm)
Walked over to 3set

Me: Hey guys, have you seen a tall 6’5” guy?
HB6.5: What does he look like?
Wing: He’s Latin American. You can’t miss him.
HB7: No, we haven’t seen him.
HB6: Where’s he from?
Me: Ah no worries. He’s my business partner and I was told to meet him down here.
Wing: He’s coming in from NY and he told us to meet up him up at one of these hotel bars.
HB6: (DLVs wing where he lives and has grown up then politely gives us girl code to eject the set)

Hot HBs in this place but they all think they are on pedestals. So it’s all neg theory with these uptight girls.

Approach #7 Restaurant adjacent to Bar (9pm)
THE BATTLE OF FRAME CONTROL!

Walked to the back of the place where the bar is. Wing opens up a guy to his right which will call for the night Business Partner Opener. HB7.5 Half Portuquese/black, Half white looks at me and I look at her back.

Her: Want a seat?
Me: Sure (so I sit up at the bar, while wing grabs a seat)

Wing gets locked into conversation with this business chill looking guy. Turns out the guy was the founder of a major tech consumer chain that started over 20 something years ago, which I won’t name. What a night. We came out to sarge but ended up networking, my wing was totally stoked to be talking to this self made billionaire.

(over hear HB7.5 and HB5.5 talking to guy who is leaning waaaaay in on HB5.5 about myspace. Since I know myspace is such a buzz word, I join the set.)

Me: Myspace huh? YOU guys are on myspace?? You don’t seem like the type (disqualifier)
HB7.5: Immediately begins qualifying herself and myspace. Tries to sell me on it and get to become more social and to network, blah blah.

I rejoin in my wing in his conversation with the founder of tech company and this annoys HB7.5. After my myspace comment we had a long down hill of frame control (push/pull – neg theory). She kept sh!t testing me that night. Especially after the CEO guy left and my wing told me to stop pecking and lean back. So I do this then he tells me to do attraction tests. I don’t really know any so wing does the pointy finger vs. index finger test, and she fails to comply. He attempts to palm read next since he learned more of Toecutter’s NLP patterns on palmistry. HB7.5 doesn’t buy into chick crack and negs my wing. My wing gets up to go to the bathroom and leans into me and tells me my wing has small man syndrome. I thought whatever, I tried kinda chearing this girl up but she used her b!tchshield on me. I stay in set after she tries to eject me out with:

HB7.5: “You’re a nice guy aren’t you?” (gives me the evaluating full-body look).
Me: Nice guy? (laughs) No. I can’t nice when I want to be, but know when I have to put my foot down.
Her: (turns back) to freeze me out. (She tells HB5.5 how my wing and I are a bunch of as$holes now. ) Wow.

Most hilarious comment of the night was when they called us tweddle dee and tweddle dom. So original. I know this HB7.5 has the potential of being a nice person inside but it’s all an act. HB5.5 tried running “what do you do” question train on me, but I kept mysterious and vague because she was running hoop theory on me.

The bars is closing so we bounce to our original venue at the hotel. Reviewed my earlier sets with wing and realize I left cell back in restaurant. When we come back we ended up chatting the bartender who found my cell. He told me about all the ice cold b!tches in the area and tells us what good nights are hot and what crowds to expect. My mindset was to come to sarge, but ended up networking instead with the cool founder of major tech consumer business.

Approach #8 Hotel bar (12am)
Walked by a tall Asian pool player talking to female friend.

Me: How did you learn to play pool like that?
Her: What do you mean?
Me: I noticed your body language, and you were leaning down close to table and were spread out, you looked professional.
Her: Oh thanks. What’s your name? (extends hand but gives me the female sensual handshake and doesn’t let go!)
Me: Resilient
Her: I’m HBAsianPoolPlayer
Wing: Hey are you the black widow?
Her: No, I’ve gotten that before. People think just because I’m a tall Asian woman with long hair that I’m her but I’m not.
Wing: Ok, cool because it looked like you were hustling the wimps in here. (wing guy codes me to eject set)
Me: Ok it was great meeting you two.

Discover through wing right after that he thought both the HB Asians were transvestites. Agh… crazy…I couldn’t tell but I got 3 quick IOIs from her. Wing told me I could have full-closed her, but I didn’t want to find a surprise in the bedroom and Asians aren’t my type, lol.

In retrospect
Overall, great night in challenging frames. If I'm going to go to this stuck up hot spot in town weekly for practice, I'm going to have to perfect my neg theory so I can stay in set and not be blown out for being a nice guy.

8/300 Cold Approaches

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, you edited it. I got a little deja' vu there between 5,6, & 7. Keep it up dood, it's like a snowball rollin' down hill. Once you get rolling, the snowball keeps getting bigger and going faster. Don't get caught up in a negative vibe.

:cheer:

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
natural game and being able to "just be yourself"

Friday, May 26, 2006

Approach #9 Street Approach (10:30pm)
3set moving on street

Me: Hey guys, do you know where we can find Yardhouse? (holds frame)
HB7.5: (finally looks back) yeah it’s just up the street.
Me: Cool, thanks a lot. You guys have a nice evening.

Approach #10 Bar line(10:35pm)
5 mixed set, 4 girls, 1 guy

Me: (turns around to 2 HBs who are arm in arm) Wow.. you guys are so best friend’s aren’t’ you?
HB7: Yeah, we’re lovers can’t you tell?
Me: LOL, yeah.
(my 2nd wing shows up in line)
Wing#2: What’s up guys? (we shake hands and decide to stay in line)

Wing#2 re-opens my set and he reaches a social hook point and we have them in the pocket for the rest of the night) We wait in line to go to lounge area of bar below the 1st floor. We wait a while in line but one of the girl engages me in the line and gives me an IOI about my bracelet. We talk about work at first and what her and her friends are out doing tonight, but I throw in some situational ****y comedy before she gets bored. After a few loops, she then becomes really interested. She’s probably a brunette HB6. Really close to my type if she just dropped some more weight. We hang with this group the whole night and had a blast. At first we came to this bar to warm up, but since 2 were out of town they were looking to meet people and have a fun time.

Approach #11 Lounge bar downstairs (11pm)
When we get in bar I open up a tall HB brunette in a red dress.

Me: Man… what’s with this bar counter, they can’t keep it dry? I hope you’re not drinking what they’ve been spilling?
HBRedDress: LOL. I know right? It looks dangerous.
(Some more banter about her martini drink and her ****-block friend comes and takes her away.)

My two wings and I regroup and strategize. Wing#2 takes a walk around the room. I talk to Wing#1 and after a while we begin to stale out so we move around the room. Wing#2 makes a ****y funny comment about some girl taking more photos of him, so he’s going to begin charging her for him being in the background.

We walk around the room a bit more and I see Wing#2 locked in a mix set. The guy is amazing, he’ll just walk up to a group of people ask 2-3 questions. If he gets no response he’ll stand around until he gets locked in. Later that night he had 4 girls with him alone in a booth I was shocked.

Approach #12 Lounge room downstairs room (12am)
I get introduced into wing#2’s set.

Me: So, what brings you guys out tonight?
HB6: Oh, we’re celebrating graduating college.
Me: Oh, serious? Damn… Congratulations (hugs)
HB6: Thank you!!! (big smile)

I talk some more with the group and wing#1 and I go back up to the bar to get another drink. (I’m drinking red bull). I run into my original target from the beginning line. I’m attracted to this girl because she reminds me of my oneitis a bit… She doesn’t through on make up like all the other plastic girls, and has a down to earth attitude about it. I like girls who feel they don’t have to overly impress me. I do push/pull on her and begin to kino escalate. She’s starting to come onto more, so for the first time I try to isolate her since I see wing#1 staling out and I want him to approach more HBs. We walk over to the next room to find a couch but then we get kicked out due to private party.

We then look behind and see wing#2 in a booth with 4 girls who are talking pictures of their breasts! Wtf?? Lol… so I look at my friend with the “damn dude, you’re pimpin’ it” look and we get introduced and we join the booth. Some guys come back and ask who are and we just say we’re cool dudes. I’m doing more kino with my target and she’s coming onto me. Holds my hand for a bit then lets go. I #close her after saying “I like kayaking too, before I forget let me get your #.” (hands phone). Wing#1 almost was going to take a girl home but then she threw up, and the lounge was closing, so we bounced with “HEY LET”S GET PIZZA!!!!!” We time bounce several blocks. We get pizza and chat it up. My target’s way into me and I hardly had to work any techniques. I had such a great night when I was able to be myself and fun and I didn’t have to use all my community tricks in my bag. I had 50/50 nearly the whole night with my target. It was great. Whenever the conversation trailed off, she’d re-engage me. She’s a little bit on the boring side, but I’ll give her a try for a day2 since I need to get my first day2 from a cold approach.

We were going to set up an after party, but the funniest thing happen. Wing#1’s target is drunk and starts saying something about a make out and begins taking pictures and then when my wing backs off she says something bitter about not going home with a man tonight. Suddenly, she blows up and girl codes the group to leave immediately. My target’s sitting and it doesn’t register for a minute. She gets yelled at by friend then catches up. She leaves me with a big hug and says “you better call me, bye!”

12/300 Cold Approaches

Last edited:

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Satursday, May 27, 2006

Bum night. My wing and I were going to crash two HBs hotel and party up with them at Fatjoe's concert in Rosarito, Mexico but hotel counter guy tells us their reservation is faulty and my wing gets no service. We leave note at hotel 5pm and decide to walk around the beach a few times doing street sets. It got dark fast but was basically still a day-game sarge. Our limited success came from getting food at a restaurant, Senor Frogs. Here's how it went down:

Approach #13 Outdoor restaurant in
Rosarito, Mexico (7:30 pm)
4 set at table across from my table

Me: Hey guys, how’s the food here?
4 look to each, but one answers: OH, yeah it’s pretty good.
Me: Awesome, yeah that meat looks alright. (turns back into wing)

I later re-open them when my wing goes to the bathroom.

Me: So what are you guys doing later tonight? Anything fun?
Her: Yeah.. we’re just going to check out the clubs along the beach.

I get some more eye contact from her when talking to my wing at our table but don’t do anything about it. Eventually two older not-so good looking American white dudes #close them.

Approach #14 Outdoor restaurant in Rosarito, Mexico (7:58 pm)
2 set at table got gamed hard by a 6 piece Mexican posse. Wing tells me we should lock our selves in at their table. So I thought what the heck, I can get a confidence boost from this.

Me: (walks up slowly, turns and sits up at high chair with the two HBs) Wow.. those guys were really aggressive. How’d did their approach go (holds body language frame with a smirk/grin)
HB#1: Huh? What? (sounds like she can’t understand me). Oh.. they did ok. They tried to buy taps for our Coronas.
Me: LOL. So they were pretty try hard.
HB#2: (rolls eyes) Yeah….
(awkward silence, I start sweating since my wing didn’t help me by joining table, so I eject)
Me: Alright, well we’re going to get going. You guys have a nice night.

That was hard to sit down at their table because I knew they were already in b!tch-mode after being gamed by those extremely aggressive Mexicans.

Approach #15 Outdoor giant club in Rosarito, Mexico (11:35 pm)
2 set standing next to wing and I. I thought proximity and eye contact(from them), so I opened them.

Me: Heh.. funny thing about these white guys dancing on stage, they can't dance! (i'm white, btw, but thought they'd laugh at my joke)
Her: (Laughs) Yeah...

I was grasping for straws, so I stal out. They leave shortly after the stage act was over.

15/300 Cold Approaches

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
summer time - time to spin some plates!

Sunday, June 5th, 2006

Agh... I gotta catch up to some you guys in your approach journals. I finally moved out of my parents house at the near ripe age of 25 last weekend. About time eh?.... So I haven't gone out in nearly 2 weeks. I look forward to getting out this weekend with some PUA buddies to pick-up with night game and helpfully a day game (I'm real new at this one).

Low of the week: #close for date-close flaked when I called to re-confirm date. Sunday some time around noon I call her up after moving the whole weekend but still planned on get together for kayaking date.

Check this out:

HBManArms: "Hey can you hang on for a second?"
Me: Sure...
HBManArms: (holds down phone)
HBManArms: "Hey can I call you back?"
Me: Yeah... you got my name and # in your phone right?"
HBManArms: Yep
Me: Alright then, I'll ttyl.

She never calls back. Dispite initial high interest level and 30 mins on phone Monday night. I ended the convo early last time to have stuff to talk about on the future weekend date that didn't go down. Although this HB said she went to a country bar the night before and I woke her up and reminded her about the date when she was trying to get over her hangover. NEXT!

(DELETES THE DIGITS........)

1st plate:

Monday, May 29, 2006 (back track a little)

Approach #16 Volleyball/BBQ/Game night on college campus (7:00 pm)

Me: Heh.. with your rocks (points to hands) there... I thought you were going to knock me out with the spike of the ball.
HBVolleyball: (Laughs) I know, don't they look dangerous?
Me: Could be... (smiles)
Me: So do you go to school here?
HBVolleyball: Actually, I just graduated last week, but I'm hanging out with the bible study group.
Me: Oh, sweet. What did you study?
HBVolleyball: Psychology.
Me: I see, so how did that work out for you? Are you looking for a job?
HBVolleyball: Yeah... I just started looking.
Me: Good for you. You're on top of things.
(she then asks me about who I am, what I do, etc. - we rejoin the group and start up the BBQ out on the grass with picnic tables)

Afterwards she massages a dude while another girl massages another girl. I'm thinking sweet KINO time! I go and sit down next to dude. One of the females looks at me and I grin real big and tell her I want a massage I get a 8 min massage.. Eh.. pretty week. I reciprocate and then bounce. Later I sit down next to dude again and the girl I was flirting with on the volleyball court bounces to give me a massage after the dude suggests it. Turns out to be a near 40 minute massage. WOE!..... I give her one for a little bit. Then after this we enter game room and sits next to me in the circle. I'm thinking again PROXIMITY. She starts IOIing with back stories about where I went to school etc. I'm thinking it's on. To be a challenge I flirt with the girls then bounce.

Monday, June 5th, 2006

A week later (yesterday) I meet up for a bible study to see HBVolleyBall again. I'm early with my older brother and his roomie so we start up a pool game. The whole time I see her stealing glances from a chair while talking to a friend. I look over and smile, but then go into Alpha Nice mode and begin making friends with the students in the room. Later in the conference room I catch her glancing over a few times again. I practice some MIRRORING techniques and she seems to reciprocate. We then bounce to TGIFridays for drinks to honor some dudes 23rd bday. Large table almost 20 people. Funny thing was the group leader sets us up as I get the "last chair available at the end of the table next to her." I know it's no coincidence but I play it off naively. There's 3 dudes sitting around us, so to not look like I'm picking up on her, I engage the others in conversation and get them talking. They like my attitude and I bounce to find out what others are drinking at the table.

Approach #17 Restuarant (10:30 pm)

Me: I'm getting skins.. heh. Is it just me or does that sound like slang term? (just realizes the girl is dark Mexican looking and immediatley realized I shot myself in the foot REAL BAD!......
HBDarkSkin: (fake smile) Yeah....
Me: (eject....)

I was becoming more social as the night went on and then came back to my HB. I told her about visiting 20 countries last year in Europe but forgot to disqualify myself among the group. Crap. I bust on her when she tells me she forgot my name from a week before. I get up from the table and start to walk away and then she calls me back. She liked that. It's almost midnight and I'm ready to crash. We hang out in the parking lot before leaving. I don't get to KINO her.... but she does make sure to say good bye to me personally before leaving. I've got her hooked. I just have to #close/@email her next week at the bible study before she goes off to Jamaica for a missionary trip. I know I need to KINO ESCALATE her or give her more direct SOIs and get her into me completely before the trip, so I can give her the gift of missing me. She's a 45 min drive from where I'm at so I'm not looking forward to the date-commute....

2nd plate:
EX that LGBFed me 6 years ago the day just before senior year started in high school. Kept in lose contact over AIM over the years. Hung out once or twice while she had a b/f. Sort of resparked, but I wasn't looking for a relationship. She calls me because she's in town visiting her parents and wants to meet up. She calls me out to a bar that she goes to weekly and uses me as a jealousy plotline with a guy she's gaming that's considering getting back with his recent EX. I don't call her out on it, but open the guy up and AMOG him a few times and I do a cold approach to a 3set. I fake a cell phone call and then tell the two I have to bounce for a dinner. I was polite in staying there for a hour or so when I thought she would have friends there. Lame. Anyway, she calls me up right after I leave and what seemed like a booty call.

A week later she calls me up Sunday night at 8:30pm - missed call I don't answer. She calls me again Monday, we vibe on the phone for a bit, so I suggest a meet up for lunch. I thought it would be 30 mins. It turned into nearly 2 hours. I went through 3 refills of sodas. WTF...LOL.... I told her I might keep in touch over the summer, but we'll see "since I've been really busy with moving and new job" heh..... Funny... she can't let me go and her buying temperature is up now that I'm in pick-up (subcommunicated though..). Either that or the guy she's gaming got back with her EX and I'm PLAN B.

She knows I've closed the book on my ex LDR oneitis and am ready to play again. Hah... well I won't game her - don't want a relationship - but I wonder if I could make her into a FB. My bro's g/f told me that FBs eventually turn into relationships or someone gets hurt and it backfires..... Suggestions?

17/300 Cold Approaches

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your buddies were DJ's, I might take what they said with a grain of salt. But, you know better than I do, they are probably AFC's... so Pshhhft, whatever dudes. They were probably the ones "who got hurt".

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday, June 8th, 2006

Approach #18 Small lounge club (10:08 pm)
2 set: Blond and Brunette HB8.5s. Wing approached set and sat up at the high table for 4 persons. He opens with “Is this is seat taken?” and then sits down. He codes me to wing him. So I come up and he introduces me. I see him staling out a few times because they are so hot and he’s at lost for words.

Me: (overhears girl talk) Boise, eh? Are you guys big on potatoes or what?
Both HBs: (laughs) No.
Have you ever been to BogusBasin there? It’s an awesome awesome place to snowboard.
HBCopBrunette: Oh? No… that sounds cool though.

We never reach social hook point and since my wing’s speechless they girls turn into each other and start girl talk since we aren’t going to entertain them. I pick the thread back up with:

Me: Rednecks huh? So… tell me your best redneck story? (leans back and grins)

I gave her a good IOI about her watch and purse matching – which she liked, but got bored again easily. She had such a nice rack for a brunette. I felt out of my league but balls for approaching. I did reward the HBLawyerBlond with an IOI a high 5. I tried several times to re-engage the set, but it was hard with wing staling. We bounced and gamed 2 set behind us at the bar. Which I didn’t get far past just names and work locations – boring! I did however had to fix my body language several times because I wanted to lean in to listen, but purposely leaned way back in my chair – this got their curiosity as they were both really hot and I didn’t give them the pedestal.

We decide the energy in the place is too clickish, so we leave to do street approaching.

Approach #19 Small lounge club (10:43 pm)
3 set: Sexy Latinas/Mexicans. My wing spots them 20 feet away and tells me I should go approach them. Without thinking I went into set right away. Personal note: Not masterbating for over a week now, has made me extremely alpha. I don’t give a f*** what they think of me. I don’t hesitate when approaching, I obey the 3 sec rule. I walked up slowly with chest up arms at side.

Me: Hey guys (speaks up), Real quick. I need some input. My buddies and I over there (points to 2 wings) are looking for a good club to party at. What do you suggest? (leaning back, jaw tilted, with big grin)
HBOntheLeft: (Blushes)
HBOntheRight: Hmm.. well… what kind of music are you and your friends into? (She names XYZ club) They play house, chill, and hip pop.
Me: Oh that sounds good. I like your guys sense of music. You’ve got style. (IOI)
HBOntheLeft: (totally looks nervous)
Me: (a little more vibing) So where you guys going?
HBOntheRight: Club ___, points right behind me.
Me: How’s it in there? It seems like they have high energy.
HBIntheMiddle: Yeah… it’s cool.
Me: Alright, well I’m going to get back to my buddies. You guys enjoy your evening.

I was really satisfied with this set because I held a really strong frame, and made them qualify themselves to me. The opinion opener of clubs made them feel pressure, but I eased them early with my IOI about their taste in music.

Approach #20 Ghiradelhi Ice Cream Parlor (10:50 pm)
3set sitting down. Just finished their smoothies. They looked young. Either late teens or early 20s. I told my wing I’m going to approach. I walk over kind of quick and looked sort of lame pushing chairs out of the way to obviously get to them.

Me: Hey guys, how are you? What’s the best thing to order here?
HBRedHead: (points to empty drink) OH!!!!! Get the strawberry smoothie. It’s sooooo good.
Me: Really? Wow… that does sound good. How about their sundaes?
HBBlackCurlyHair: Pretty much everything you try on the menu will be good. You can’t go wrong.
Me: Awesome, well I’m going to go get a sundae. You guys enjoy your night.

Regroups with wing, he told me I leaned in a little to hear them (oops) but he said all three were blushing – cool! I was going to re-open after ordering, but as I was ready to sit down, they had just left. Bummer.

Approach #21 Crosswalk – Moving set! (11:06 pm)
2set crossing the street. I calibrate their energy and notice big smiles and high energy so I decide to open them while crossing from the opposite direction.

Me: You guys look like you’re having fun. What’s a great club to party around here?
HBA: (looks at HBB)
HBB: Umm…. Blah blah (short answer because of short timing to cross the street)
Me: Ok thanks (amused)

That was fun, because I never really try a moving set and a crosswalk. So it was a difficult approach.

Approach #22 Outside of a club – smoking area (11:30 pm)
2set taking phone pics of themselves. Most likely tipsy. I notice many in the club wearing this all white clothing theme.

Me: Hey!!!! What’s up with the white garments all you guys are wearing tonight?
HBMexicana: Oh it’s this promotion for XYZ.
Me: Right on. Looks like you guys are having a good time.
HBMexicana: Yeah… why aren’t you two in here?
Me: Oh, we’re just out looking for a good place to chill.
HBMexicana: Oh, well come in here (smiles and leans into me)
Me: (wow – thinking it would be so nice to make out with this girl right now).

Bouncer starts to look annoyed with me bugging the two girls for some reason behind the fence of the smoking area. I wish I would have given an SOI to this chick to escalate or at least do some more kino behind the rail, but I didn’t do more besides given her “the rock” (she sloppily gave it back to me . . . heh)

Approach #23 Club (12:00 am)
Walking with wing closer to dance floor when out of completely no where this girl in a skanky red top and extremely low cut jean shorts grabs the top of my hair and pulls me in closer to her.

Me: WOE!.... How are you doing?
Her: (smiles – but rejoins friends to dance)

It was girls night out and she was howling on the dance floor) At first I thought she grabbed the top of my hair for a make out, but it didn’t happen. LOL. It’s all good. My two wings tell me to go dance with her. So I go into 5set to dance, and kino the target, but she ignores me. I try dancing but it looks lame since she doesn’t notice me so I bounce. She later goes to bar to get another drink and I’m leaning back into the bar – pretty funny facing opposite direction. I kino her and say.

Me: You’re a pretty good dancer. Where did you learn how to dance?
Her: Thanks, blah blah (totally puts her butt out for me to spank her)
Me: Gives her a firm spank.

Wing looks over and laughs. She leaves quickly after. Whatever. I think she was an attention wh0re.

Approach #24 Club (12:23 am)
5 set = mixed. 4 girls, 1 guy. I make eye contact with a tall blond and move in. I start talking from table and she pats sit next to her for me to sit down. I sit down and we vibe a little. I got a lot of mirroring practice from this approach.

Highlights:
Me: OMG! You girls look like the Charlie’s Angels. She’s Lucy Lu, she’s Drew Berrymore, and you’re (points to target) Cameron Diaz. (I correct her though and tell her she looks more like Uma Thurman.)
Her: Hahaha.. yeah I’ve got Uma Thurman before.

Did a few more kino congruence tests with her, but she keeps persisting on the topic of finding “nose candy” for her friend since it’s her birthday. I tried to make rapport, but she wouldn’t leave the subject. Wing tells me later that my target looked bored, but I’m sure it’s just because I didn’t know anyone that had crack since we had fun mirroring each other. I leaned back and she was always pull me back in. Interesting being a challenge.

24/300 Cold Approaches

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grasping for straws

Knew guy - Ever heard of the expression grasping for straws? It's when someone approaches and says a few things in hopes of getting into rapport with a stranger, but a failure to establish a connection happens and the approacher gets blown out of set. This happens to me often, because I've failed to reach the social hook point. I think my body language was supreme in approach #19, but I didn't know what to follow up with. It's hard to control a group of people with their attention in an interaction if I haven't displayed higher social value yet. I went in seeking help, but then rewarded with a IOI
"wow you guys have a great taste in music" etc.

It's funny what you thought about HBontheleft - if she was nervous or blushing I could have giving her a SOI after she earned it, then ask the group if it's cool if I isolate her - I really want to try that next time because I could have:

A) #closed her
B) time-bounced with her into club with her group
C) cold read/psyc routine/NLP stuff

I will admit I eject a lot of times because I sense I failed at reaching social hook and will try to catch back up with my wings. Most likely if I did hook the group, my wings would come in and support me. It's all good. This is all practice.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Send a pm to Jayer.

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
someone told me it wasn't an 'approach' unless you went for a # close?

cool thread though.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah... I've been hearing about the #close to approach rule lately, but I'm just doing this to analyze my sets. I'm in this to critique my approaches for sticking points/focus on, etc.

Friday, June 8th, 2006

Approach #25 Hotel sand rooftop club “the beach” (11:08 pm)
2 set, 1 girl, 1 guy

Wing sees that the girl isn’t into the guy, so he pushes me into AMOG the guy. I had really bad approach anxiety since I hadn’t opened any sets that night. This approach was extremely obvious too since know one was around them on their oasis loveseat.

Me: (saying something about the atmosphere on top of the roof. Then I AMOG the guy)
Them: (no real comments to vibe off)
I sense them ejecting me, so I call my wing in to save the set with his magic trick. It doesn’t really work. I think these two were drunk, since their eyes lids were low. 2 of their friends join our set and blow us out. Oh well. At least I did it when my other wing wouldn’t approach.

Approach #26 Hotel sand rooftop club “the beach” (11:58 pm)
5 set, 2 girls, 3 guys

Me: (little tipsy) Man! With this sand, you really do feel like you’re on a beach. I like how you two took your shoes off (points to small flip flops)
Them: (Laughs)
Me: The only thing we’re missing is some water to wash us all away.
Them: (more laughing)

Freakn’ grey goose vodka and redbull had some kick to it! Opps! Lots of couples out tonight too, it was an older classy crowd and harder for me to game. I had to come in with something really interesting. If I tried to friendly vibe I’d get blown out half the time. Very cool hotel though. I got grilled for the first time in forever on my ID, but the bouncer finally let me in. I had nearly 8 of my wings show up tonight. It was good to see some of the guys I first started sarging with February.

Saturday, June 9th, 2006

Approach #27 2 year anniversary club, downtown (12:08 am)
HBLatinaBigChest, a 6.5. I sense her lonely by herself at the bar surrounded by people looking around waiting to be opened. I approached by giving her my shoulder to her shoulder. Great approach! I want to do this more often – very unthreatening.

Me: Man! It’s so loud in here. Is it always like this?
Her: Yeah… usually it is.
Me: How do you and your friends roll with it?
Her: Blah blah.

It was extremely loud, so I eject with a smile.

Approach #28 2 year anniversary club, downtown (1:15 am)
6 set, of Bachelorettes

Everyone heard about my Juggler workshop, so they pushed me to open up sets to see how I would do. One wing put me on the spot and had me approach a bachelorette party. I had only one crummy throw away set, so I had to go in with super high energy vibe.

Me: You guys are the life of the party.
HB-A: Are you in the military?
Me: Nah… why, because my hair looks short?
HB-B: You have good posture.
HB-A: Hey, I’m going to let you in on something. Tell HBBride this military rank (X).
Me: (grins) Ok...
Me: Private first class, etc.
HBBride: (swoops in and gets in my face with a smile, says something and the next thing I know we’re making out).
Me: (surprised)
HBBride: That was a cheap shot. What kind of cologne are you wearing?
Me: Oh you like it huh? Well.. what do you think it is. It’s ok girls you can smell my neck and guess what you think it is.
HB-A/HB-B: Lean in at same time and smell my neck.
HB-A: (guesses twice)
Me: No… Alright I’ll be cool and tell you, it’s _____.
HBBride: (pulls up to my face again; makes out another time)

That was officially my first club make out.

I’ve gotten 2 kisses on the lips before, but this was really direct. I felt guilty afterwards for the AFC this girl is marrying. It was rad though because I impressed a big name in the community and a few guys I haven’t sarged with in months and I approached a 6 set under pressure. Amazed since I was the last one there and hadn’t gamed for hours like the others. I don’t know how else she kissed so I scrubbed the heck out of my tongue when I got home. I could have f-closed the bride, but I don’t mess around with taken girls. Had that crap done to me way too many times with my previous girlfriends when I was AFC. I prefer single women.

Approach #29 2 year anniversary club, downtown (1:15 am)
2 set, 1 black HB8.5, 1 white dude

Friendly opener. She told me she was a personality shopper, so I told a white lie and asked her what I should get my “g/f” for our 6 month opener. I had both guy and girl arguing playfully for nearly 15 mins. Great set, energy, and vibe. I had a great time with these two and she told me to find her in Costco and she’ll hunt down a great lobster for me.