Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Obama's expansion of the terrorist watch-list system.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't take away everyone rights, just out of the blue. You have to do things like this, so it will ease into the public and won't be sudden.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
You can't take away everyone rights, just out of the blue. You have to do things like this, so it will ease into the public and won't be sudden.
Danger said:
Land of the free.....

And always under the guise of "security".

Don't attack freedom. You will generate an upswell of rebellion. Instead you must eshrine security, and freedom is destroyed in the process.
Yeah, I'm quite aware that America's descent into a "national security state" is wrecking American liberty as we know it. (That's why I posted the original link.) What's the plan for those of us who like freedom, though? I've done what little I know how to do (repeatedly called/mailed my senators/representatives when this sort of thing comes to my attention), but they're of absolutely no help in these matters, since they walk in lockstep with the security-state agenda. I also do what little I can to tell my acquaintances and and others what's going on, but they don't really take me or the problem seriously.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Also the US Constitution makes NO direct mention of privacy. The word is never mentioned.
What of it? Regarding privacy, that which isn't explicitly stated in the Fourth Amendment can be inferred within the Ninth.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
In my opinion, if importance to privacy superseded national interests, then the framers would have declared it directly, rather than merely inferred it.

The reality is, privacy is not guaranteed via the Constitution, and never will be.
Privacy is explicitly guaranteed by the Fourth Amendment (i.e., prohibition of unreasonable search and seizure) and implicitly inferrable within the Ninth Amendment.

And national interests have nothing to do with Constitutional rights. The Bill of Rights is a set of restrictions on government, not a catalog of its interests.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chronocidal said:
What of it? Regarding privacy, that which isn't explicitly stated in the Fourth Amendment can be inferred within the Ninth.
So therefore I have a ninth amendment right to rob banks since it isnt written in the constitution that I cant rob banks:rolleyes:

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
So therefore I have a ninth amendment right to rob banks since it isnt written in the constitution that I cant rob banks:rolleyes:
Robbery, if you haven't yet figured it out :rolleyes:, involves violating people's property rights and violating their persons with force or threat thereof, and as such is a crime.

Let me know when you're ready to deserve being taken seriously. In the meantime, here's some reading material that'll bring you up to speed.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/ninth_amendment
http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/html/amdt9_user.html#amdt9_hd2