Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good movies you've seen recently

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've just had surgery, and have been home a lot recovering, on meds, etc; therefore, I've watched more movies in 2 weeks than I've watched in like the past 7-8 years.

Just watched "The Impossible" about that Tsunami that took so many lives a few years ago. Man, that was a gut-wrenching movie, so sad, that true life event. I bawled my eyes out. Maybe it's the meds that make me more emotional, but there are some damn good movies these days. They can't help but to be better and better as the years go by. I've boycotted them for their leftest, feminist leanings over the years, but some of them can be Really powerful and moving, and dare I say Good for you, and can uplift you, if you let it.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Head over to imdb and look at their top 250 list. There is lots of BS hyping on that site, so disregard lots of the more recent movies in the top list. Some lesser known or older movies that I recommend:

Corndog Man, Breaker Morant, The Conversation, Marathon Man, Elephant Man (lots of "man" movies LOL), The Man Who Would be King, Let Me In, The Year of Living Dangerously, Jeremiah Johnson, Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, Little Big Man. Good luck in your recovery.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Drive" probably the best movie I ever seen, best alpha movie I have ever seen.

A lot of people slept on "Let me in" the American and the foreign version are both classics

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Movies have pretty much sucked this year to me, a ton of let downs so far

winter solider stood out though, and I have yet to see rise of the planet of the apes, so I won't speak to soon.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't really like DiCaprio or that Good Will Hunting guy etc etc, but Wolf of Wall Street was already on my list. Saw Drive in theaters, thought just the opposite that it was Very AFCish dude going WAY outta his way, sacrificing his life for a Hoe who kept going back to her EX, my god, how could that be Alpha? I could re-watch it to see if I missed anything, but..

Safe Haven was good recently. Also, saw one that was "acclaimed" by Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic etc etc pfft, my god, No! it was Seven Psychopaths. Christopher Walken wasn't even scary in it and wasn't a Bad dude at all, more like a saint, so sad. And it was supposed to be a "clever" movie and a comedy. I did not get it. Just a bunch of shooting people through the head, nonsensical violence.

Fell asleep through another comedy, I think it was called, Hangover III, so boring zzz...

Another called Delivery Man with Vince Vaughn was pretty good, dude sired 533 children o_O

Also saw Non STop with Liam Nieson, very good, late at night, did not fall asleep at all, because it was good.

Saw one while IN the hospital called Brat (or "Brother" in Russian) Pretty cool flick, but dude just killed everyone just cause he thought he was doing right, I guess he was idk. Russian film, English subtitles.

Then, also, in the hospital saw several others, one was Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks, that was good, didn't fall asleep, but kept getting interrupted by the nurses taking my vitals/bringing me food during it.

Fell asleep at home a few nights ago watching Bourne Legacy, pff, this movie had been recommended to me by my dad, and many others, it couldn't hold my attention laying on the couch, so zzzz

I still have several more to watch, off a whole nother month, but should be driving my truck in another week or so and able to get outside more, so

Don't really want to watch any scary movies.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen recently, but some of my favorite movies (I'm old school)

"Three Days of the Condor"(1975)

"The Mechanic" (1972...The Statham remake wasn't bad)

"French Connection II "(1975)

"Thief" (1981)

"Sharkey's Machine" (1982)

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1D - This is Us

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
winter solider stood out though, and I have yet to see rise of the planet of the apes, so I won't speak to soon.
Agreed, Winter Soldier was awesome. Easily the best movie I've seen this year, in the theaters anyway.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979320/

A movie about two different men and what makes them the best of their domain and how they clash heads.

If you saw the Prestige with Christian Bale, it is somewhat similar, except a racing backdrop as opposed to a magical backdrop.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
i think you have a narrow perspective

not every situation of a man dealing with a women has to be AFC or beta.

the driver was VERY alpha. he was the yin and the yang. there was a balance of "good" and "bad" in him. protector and destroyer. in one scene hes carrying a kid to bed in another hes crushing a mans skull in or backhanding a ho

the movie plays with your understanding of morality. in the scene where the the driver and the kid are watching cartoons and the kid says the shark is the "bad guy". the driver asks him "how can you tell" and the kid says "because hes a shark" the driver says "theres no good sharks?"

its one thing to make sacrifices for a woman because shes your only source of intimacy or you have a limiting mentality. its another thing to do it out of a genuine interest in her well being. i personally dont think theres any thing wrong with that if your not expecting anything in return.

thats the difference. his motivations are very different from an AFCs. hes not playing martyr or the savior although its easy to think he is.

i dont see whats not alpha about him. he displays a controlled unsettling silence, hes highly talented, extremely aggressive when he needs to be, the girl in the movie is obligated to the kids father but her genuine desire was for the driver etc etc

not to mention the soundtrack was outstanding
Well, I found Gosling to be way more alpha (maybe it's because it's the mother of HIS kid? and not some random deadbeat's?) in “The Place Beyond the Pines" which I just viewed which came out just last year. So Free spirit, just NO laws, and DO almost anything, is his alpha way.

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
X-Men: Days of Future Past was a good watch, in my view. It had some funny moments and kept me interested throughout its entirety.

Like others have also said, Winter Soldier is also good and worth taking a look at.

Recently saw the new Transformers, thought it was OK but not more than that. It feels like with every new Transformers movie, they retell the same story.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some of my all time favorites - maybe you haven't seen a few of them. I'm just listing them randomly.

Network
Cool Hand Luke
Office Space
Godfather trilogy (well I and II really)
American Beauty
The Life Of Brian
The Candidate
LA Confidential
Election
This Is Spinal Tap
Citizen Kane
Rififi
Glengarry Glen Ross
O Brother Where Art Thou?
The Big Lebowski
Goodfellas
The Naked City
Dark Knight trilogy
Serpico
Raging Bull

Also look up most anything written by David Mamet.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
saw The World's End, eh different, but 'ok,' but too long...didn't really fall asleep

The Wolf of Wall Street, totally unbelievable, I mean Sorcese's always exaggerating depiction, total debauchery of a flick, nudity to the hilt, drugs, cursing, I'd give it an X-rating not R, I just don't believe all those orgies on planes and in the office, supposedly based on true story...fell asleep half-way thru then woke up, don't know how much I'd missed, very long movie, too long.

Bridesmaids, a chick flick, but pretty funny, but the main b!tch character is pretty much what you see in mainstream American woman nowadays...she's just "too good" for all dudes and will keep returning to the one who uses her for sex after fvcking over the "nice" guy over and over. There's a scene where the women get food poisoning that's pretty damn funny. Didn't fall asleep during.

There's some others but not that good so don't remember, I mean Terrible so can't even remember, oh, one was Upside Down I think that's the name, maybe not...of course, fell asleep during never to wake up. I'm on pain meds btw, so if a flick can keep me awake thru Norco then it's pretty damn good. All of Liam Nieson's did. Taken 2, a RE-make, was just as good as the first, didn't fall asleep. Totally unbelievable though with his cutting through all those enemies like that, without even getting a bullet wound.

Then I saw a Russian movie (no subtitles, very little English spoken from the British captives under the terrorist Chechnians) called "War" or the Russian word, "Voyna" or "Война" very good film considering Ruskies don't have much tech for film making at their hands, especially in 2001, a lot of AKs, however, I fell asleep briefly (watched mid-day around noon) then awoke to see the rest. Pretty realistic movie except for yet again, none of them taking a bullet/mortar wound from the Chechan terrorists. Also, seemed to be shooting (sniping?) from greater than 200 yards with an AK, yeah right.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life of PI was entertaining. A little slow at first (about first 15 mins or so) after that it gets pretty good. About a guy who shares a life raft after his ship sinks with a siberian tiger and a few other wild animals. Survival of the fittest.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, well I've seen quite a few since. World War Z with Brad Pitt, didn't care too much for it, fell asleep then woke up to finish it. NEVER have watched a "zombie" movie, I don't get it/them, but this one was pretty good, and currently we are having a "scare" with this Ebola patients being transported to NY and Miami as we speak. This real-life "scare" helps me understand the movie and vice versa.

Saw "This is 40" a comedy..the producer, director, lead woman, lead children of the family, the mother ALLL related to the Jewish Director of the film in real life, talk about all in the family, but still kinda humorous flick, but too long over 2 hrs.

Then "Particle Fever" about the Hadron Collider, fell asleep during a bit of the short film, waking up towards the end, pretty dull, but good reviews? But it does show what the leading theorists (pat themselves on the back, theorists) THINK is the make-up of the world, our universe, And i f there may be a Multi-universe (their worst-case scenario because you cannot experiment with particles outside our universe IF another one(s) intersect it, thus explaining the "Dark Matter" that is visible out there.

The Grand Budapest Hotel...Fag movie, next.

"Why we ride" about motorcycles, eh, fell asleep.

American Hustle, pretty damn good movie, about con-artists, Christian Bale, based in the 70s. This is the only good movie I've seen since the last batch I'd seen.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"And So It Goes" I liked his ****headedness.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy!
This was probably the most purely fun movie that I can remember.

By the way, anyone ever see Ghost World? I've never sat through the whole thing, but my girlfriend watches it sometimes and it has a 17 year old Scarlett Johansson in it. Oh, have mercy!

Last edited: