Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So Stephen A. Smith gets suspended from ESPN for saying women shouldn't hit men

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm not so much of a sports fan where I watc ESPN all day everyday but I know who SAS is and this is rediclous.

It all started when ray rice got arrested for domstic battery and got a 2 game suspension from the NFL and they were talking about it on ESPN first take and Stephen A. Smith said this

“We know you have no business putting your hands on a woman. I don’t know how many times I got to reiterate that. But as a man who was raised by women, see I know what I’m going to do if somebody touches a female member of my family. I know what I’m going to do, I know what my boys are going to do. I know what, I’m going to have to remind myself that I work for the Worldwide Leader, I’m going to have to get law enforcement officials involved because of what I’m going to be tempted to do. But what I’ve tried to employ the female members of my family, some of who you all met and talked to and what have you, is that again, and this what, I’ve done this all my life, let’s make sure we don’t do anything to provoke wrong actions, because if I come, or somebody else come, whether it’s law enforcement officials, your brother or the fellas that you know, if we come after somebody has put their hands on you, it doesn't negate the fact that they already put their hands on you. So let’s try to make sure that we can do our part in making sure that that doesn’t happen.”

that's a pretty damn rational outline of how most people feel. No one thinks it's okay for men t abuse women, but if you are a woman and you do something to provke a man, do not automatically expect him to turn the other cheek or be a "gentleman" especially someone who is testosterone filled / raged like an NFL running back. Then on top of that, say someone hitm y wife. I now HAVE to get involved. I'm coming. Even if it was some hit she started and could have gotten out of, the bottom line is now she's been hit nd i have to take up for her. That's just how it is. Same thing with my sister. I mean it's one thing to get in a litle spat with a guy and you throw a few bows at each other but if the guy ABUSES you then some dude has to step in.

Now, here comes the fake stupid ass women outrage

Michelle Beadle:
@MichelleDBeadle: I'm thinking about wearing a miniskirt this weekend...I'd hate to think what I'd be asking for by doing so @stephenasmith. #dontprovoke

the **** does this have to do with anything lol?

Yet ESPN got so many of those tweets and messages, they suspended Stephen A Smith for stating what every rational adult already knows.

Reason number 10058585 why you can't "change" society.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We need women to fight feminism, as it is now only females have free speech. I know that sounds unlikely but there are some signs that there are women voicing their opposition to feminism and PC.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HE no where nor is anyone implying that a woman wearing a mini skirt is "asking for it". SHE said that. He is saying that, a woman who halls off and slaps a man 4 inches taller and 50 pounds bigger than her, because she doesn't expect him to do anything in return, is not very prudent.

This must be a culture thing, becuase black women hit the **** out of black men. I thin that's why white people are assuming this is a sex thing, but it isn't. It's a don't throw a rock through my car window and expect to not get your ass whipped thing lol. I think that's the difference.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched his show, and what he said was stupid, because he was essentially defending Ray Rice for knocking out his wife. Even though Smith kept trying to say he wasnt defending him, he indeed was.

There's a reason the full video has not come out, and its because it would make Ray Rice look worse than he does now. Theres really no reason to use that kind of force on a woman unless youre in grave danger. I highly doubt his little wife had him in any danger. He needs to listen to Chris Rock and shake the b!tch instead of hitting her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVb6VHvCupw

This all said, jeezus fvking christ...no one should be suspended. Though I disagree with Stephen A Smith and a lot of the dumb sh!t he says, he shouldnt be suspended for voicing an honest opinion. He wasnt saying anything with malice, so I would have left it be after he apologized.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger,

Exactly.

I usually agree with you Jaylan but we have to disagree on this one. I've seen women take it there. I've seen women take it well beyond there. I've seen women look at the line that says take it there, and go past it driving 80 miles per hour lol. Knowing all too well you can't do **** because you're a man.

SAS is not defending violence. He's not defending anything. He's don't hit men because some men will hit back and you're really not a victim if you provoked him by hitting him. NO where did I say what Ray Rice was warranted. No where did SAS say that. What he did say is that, there's a very likely chance none of this happens, if she didn't hit him first.

In other words, I"m 5'8, 168-170 pounds. I work out but i'm not extremely big. IN fact most guys would call me small. You know what, if i'm in a bar with a dude that i 6'3 240 pounds, unless he assaults my wife or something like that, i'm going to pretty much back the **** down lol. i'm not going to take it there with 6'3 240 pound guy regardless of how much I work out beause he has a 6 inch 80 pound weight advantage on me. All he is saying is that women should use the same judgement.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Growing up my sisters were allowed to hit me, but I wasnt allowed to hit back or Id get my ass whooped by my dad. My little sister would always take her frustration out on me, I learned the only way to get back was to laugh at her which would just aggravate her more.

When I was maybe 16 my sister went through a phase of punching me in the back of the head any time she'd get mad at me. Everytime Id warn her, dont **cking hit me it the back of the head. Then one day she did it and I turned around and punched her in the arm twice, reflex. She cried of course. To this day she claims Im "physically abusive" because of the one time I hit her back. She never did lay a finger on me after that.

She is now 6'0" and my big sister is 5'11". I turned out the shortest.

I will never hesitate to hit a women again, if a girl hits me out of anger with intent to do harm I will at the very least shove them away or give them a good one to the shoulder.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was going to start a thread on this, I watch First Take now and then. Stephen A. Smith definitely got a raw deal on this. He made it clear that there was no excuse for a man to put his hands on a woman. He just said that women should do their part too in preventing domestic violence by behaving correctly. You don't stand next to a lion and repeatedly poke it with a stick. And you know we've all seen this - where the woman provokes a guy and crosses the line.

Thing is, Stephen A. Smith got a whole week off for his comments, while Ray Rice only got two days off for actually knocking the girl out.

It's a debate show, an opinion and commentary show. How can they suspend the guy for taking a reasonable position? Especially when he made a point to say that there was no excuse for what Rice did?

Danger said:
White women hit the $hit out of white men too, so I don't think it's a culture difference.
True enough, white women also feel entitled to hit men without consequences, this isn't a racial thing. YouTube is full of videos of it. The girl starts smacking the guy around, he gets enough of it and makes some reprisal, then 500 white knights come out of nowhere and take the guy down.

Let me make this clear though: Unlike many guys here, I do not feel that there is any equivalent to a guy hitting a woman and a woman hitting a guy. A 110 pound female is not the same as a 190 pound male. The guy could knock the chick out with one punch or possibly kill her. So I agree with Stephen A. Smith, a man should no more punch a woman in the head that he should punch a 10 year old child in the head. But that doesn't mean it's okay for a chick to feel entitled to beat on a man without fear of consequences.

HOW CAN YOU SLAP!?

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This really happened?

So with all this feminist crap going on, can we make all the women go to war, and have all the men take care of the household ?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me of the tranny they let into the cage to fight female fighters. She/he/it wins by being a bigger, stronger, gorilla who can toss any woman around. It's a horrendous crime against a sport that is just barely legitimate in the first place.

But could a tv sports personality say that without getting suspended? All of them are going to doubt so even more after this. Trannies, gays, and women can do no wrong. Step outside of that paradigm, and you won't stay on tv very long.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
if men are expected not to physically hit women, why cant women be told not to be nagging cvnts?
The problem with men hitting women is that they have an unfair physical advantage. Of course, you could argue that women are far better at being nagging cvnts, and therefore have an unfair advantage in that arena. ;)

Danger said:
Given the recent suspension by ESPN of Stephen Smith for daring suggest that assault can be provoked, it brings to mind exactly why and how such censorship can occur in a Nation, even when such arguments are so very well reasoned.
I think what really disappoints me the most in this whole thing is that Stephen A. Smith didn't even try to defend himself. He just went out and apologized, and prostated himself. I'm sure he was just following his employer's instructions and wanted to keep his job. Or maybe he genuinely was upset with himself that he wasn't able to make the point that he was trying to make clear.

I'm writing the feedback page, just to make my opinion known. Probably won't help, but can't hurt either.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
if men are expected not to physically hit women, why cant women be told not to be nagging cvnts?
Because women control 70-90% of disposable income in this country, they buy more emotionally, are more susceptible to marketing messages than men, they represent the left's most crucial voting bloc, and because "equality" never meant "equality" in feminists' and women's minds, but rather "all the advantages we had in the prior gender dynamic (men pay, men work for us, men protect us unquestioningly in all circumstances) unchanged in any way PLUS all the advantages men had in that dynamic PLUS new advantages not related in any way to fairness or equality that we will rationalize/fabricate out of thin air based on leftist resentment politics and lie narratives."

In short, women in current Western culture have the juice, men do not.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
my question was this

Not surprised at all. I've thought about this. I think women tend to often abuse men psychologically. Women communicate covertly, while men communicate overtly.

So if a man is abusive, its very obvious and often times can be proven. Women on the other hand get away with abusing an afc, but the afc doesn't even realize its happening.

I think this is very common in our society.

Even if he realizes it, it's hard to prove because she will deny it. But often times, he won't realize it.

in 2011 79% of suicides were men. So if its so hard for women, why are men offing themselves at such a high rate? Suicide

Men are almost 80% of suicide victims.

http://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/victims/qa02702.asp?qaDate=2009 -----> http://www.avoiceformen.com/activism/about/

The only country where women commit suicide more than men is China. However the difference is very small.

Now its ok for women to hit men, but men can't strike back?

Sh!t when I was little, my sister was often mean to me. One time my mom made us all get in the van while she paid the dentist. My sister was being mean as fvck to me. I popped her in the mouth, right in the kisser. Of course she immediately cried, blood dripping down her chin. My mom looked at her, and looked at me, then told us to shut up, and put on our seat belts.

My mom was far more fair then feminists. She knew, she isn't stupid. My sister would put me down a lot, she was pretty much cruel in that way. two years older than me.

Its ok though. I got back at her physically a few times, and she would watch herself after that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men are just better at killing themselves than women. Men like guns and tall buildings. Women do half-ass sh!t like eat some pills and then call 911.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
The most messed up thing, is she is doing very well in life. She is a white, blonde, nordic girl. She has had all the support she needed from many guys. Now she wants to be all buddy buddy with me, hugs and kisses. I don't think she has ever felt guilt or been sorry for the way she treated me.

It's insane that she could be such a sh!tty human being to her little brother, and just get away with it.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Men are just better at killing themselves than women. Men like guns and tall buildings. Women do half-ass sh!t like eat some pills and then call 911.
Women do that sh!t for attention. They don't want to die. I think its much harder being a man. But if you get through the tough times, it makes you very strong.

Women have it easier, but thats a weakness.

Sometimes your strength can be your weakness.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women whine about equal rights all the time. Equal rights means equal treatment for all. Equal to EVERYONE. If someone means harm to you, it would be logical for you to defend yourself. Women think they have room to provoke and assault men without any consequences. Ray Rice did the right thing. Where did standing up for yourself go? Are you simply supposed to put your head down and take all the abuse from them? Would you take the same abuse from a man? Absolutely not.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronaldo7 said:
Women whine about equal rights all the time. Equal rights means equal treatment for all. Equal to EVERYONE. If someone means harm to you, it would be logical for you to defend yourself. Women think they have room to provoke and assault men without any consequences. Ray Rice did the right thing. Where did standing up for yourself go? Are you simply supposed to put your head down and take all the abuse from them? Would you take the same abuse from a man? Absolutely not.
Yes, knocking your fiance or wife out is the right thing. :rolleyes: Back to reality, unless a man is in danger of great bodily harm, knocking out a woman is a puzzy move in my book. Restrain or shove the girl away. The guy is lucky hes rich and famous...because any other man would have has a chance of jail time or getting his life fvked up because of domestic violence.

Anyways, thats a wrap for them having a great relationship. Once you hit someone like that, the relationship is changed forever. Ten bucks says they divorce in a few years after she pops out a few kids. My thinking is she only stuck around in order to cash in on his contract.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, I think he got suspended because sponsors very well could have put pressure on ESPN about pulling support for the show if they kept him on. I don't know that they would necessarily care too much about all the "tweets" out there, other than it catching attention of corporate sponsors. That's where you need to look at.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of the people responding to the show, didn't even watch it and the news of it got tossed around like an old game of "telephone".

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
You can call him names all you want, if she initiated assault, she deserves the hammer.

Equality means equality. He wouldn't have held back if it was a man who assaulted him.

Being weaker or smaller does not confer the right to assault.
Advice that will lead to many men up in jail or without a job. Advice that can have a man invite grave bodily harm onto himself from the female's friends and relatives. Advice that can ruin a man's life.

PS - Knocking a woman out is not holding back. And I stand by what I said; it's a puzzy-made move, and it's a move thats stupid and to the detriment of the male involved.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
You can call him names all you want, if she initiated assault, she deserves the hammer.
Equality means equality. He wouldn't have held back if it was a man who assaulted him.
Being weaker or smaller does not confer the right to assault.
I agree the woman has no right to assault. However, there is NOTHING manly about the guy knocking her out. We all know that no matter what feminism says, women are NOT physically equal to men. That's just utter BS.

There is very little that woman could have done to hurt Ray Rice, a professional NFL frigging running back. On the other hand, him punching her could very well have killed her. You should no more punch a woman than you should punch a 10 year old child, it's basically the same thing. He could have restrained her or shoved her away, or maybe the acceptable answer should be to turn her over his knee and spank her.

I'm against the Stephen A. Smith suspension, but I in no way approve of what Rice did. And if his girlfriend assaulted him, I don't approve of that either.

Here's a link to an opinion piece on CNN, saying that Stephen A. Smith was incorrectly suspended and railroaded by the PC police. I was pleased to find this because I can't imagine such a piece being written 10 years ago. It even references the "A Voice For Men" blog. Maybe all the efforts toward raising awareness against misandry is beginning to pay off.

Here's the best quote from the link, IMO:
"What's really going on here is that one side of the debate wants to make it impermissible for the other to speak. At all."

Very true. Most of the comments about the article are encouragingly on point about this as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/opinion/randazza-ray-rice-fiancee/index.html?iref=allsearch