Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Question for Android Phone Users

logicallefty

Reaction score
For all Android phone users of any flavor:

Have any of you noticed a pattern with your phones where it will be working just fine and good. Then about the time the next model of phone comes out the one you have starts acting funkey?

My suspicion is that the NSA isn't the only one screwing with our phones. I think the cell companies do stuff on purpose when the new phone comes out to make the old ones still work but annoy us just enough to make us go out and buy the new one..

Myself and three other people all concur with this.

Anyone else have ideas/thoughts/facts/opinions on the matter?

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to (and to some extent still do) think that computer manufacturers like HP build their parts to last as long as the warranty (typically a year). It allows stores like Best Buy to gauge you into taking their 3 year warranty extension plan. Hence why I now build my own computers.

Do mobile manufacturers do the same? Perhaps. But, it seems more logical that the phone should last at least 2-3 years, to the point where your contract (if you have one) is over and it is time to renew it or switch.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its called planned obsolescence. The companies want you to buy the new one. I am not sure about it playing up. The phone I am using right now does not seem to have any problems. :D :up:

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
OzyBoy said:
Its called planned obsolescence. The companies want you to buy the new one. I am not sure about it playing up. The phone I am using right now does not seem to have any problems. :D :up:
I agree with this. My buddy got one of those prepay smart phones, but the really durable kind. You can drop it in water, on concrete and that phone wouldn't break.

Well he got the new model, which already broke. He says the previous model was so durable people never bough new ones and they lost money.

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
noobology: My friend used to have a BlackBerry Curve and would show me how durable it is by throwing it at the wall a couple of times. I thought it would have broken easily, but to my surprise it did not. Now to try that with an iPhone...

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed that, too. I'm sure it's in the software. In regards to Androids, I was completely against Apple products. Everyone's got one, I don't wanna be a sheep, blah blah blah. All I had was Blackberries and Android OS-based phones. Last year, my Samsung GalaxyIII was getting so hot in my pocket, just out of the blue, around this time of year, that it was ridiculous. Yeah, close to the one year mark! No wonder none of my friends had Androids. So I said fück it, let me get an iPhone 5S.

Almost a year later, the phone is a champ. I can't say a damn bad thing about it, except that it doesn't have a light flashing if you miss a call or text. Other than that, I shut it off once a month, it never freezes, and iOS7 is stable. I don't care about customizing the fück out of my icons, I just want it to work...always...and it does.

I guess sometimes trends are trends for a reason.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem comes from updates. The operating system on the phone gets updated, the apps get updated, but all the drivers and kernels for the various third party components on the phone become outdated.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Special EDy said:
The problem comes from updates. The operating system on the phone gets updated, the apps get updated, but all the drivers and kernels for the various third party components on the phone become outdated.
This makes sense.. So in other words, a 1/2 a$$ job of updates.

Until early 2013 I had a cheapo' Samsung flip phone. I got it wet in the rain one time and it hosed up the screen.

After much hesitation to get a smartphone at all I broke down and got a Motorola Razr N.

For the first year or so it worked like a champ. I loved it.

About a month or so ago I updated it. Now it's doing all kinds of crazy sh|t. Apps crash randomly. It freezes for no reason. I run a program to kill all the background cr@p and free used memory and in a few minutes the sh|t is running again. WTF?

Thank you all for your responses.