Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Travelling or career

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
My major is in supply chain management/logistics and the job outlook for my field is great. However, my parents weren't as generous as some of my college friends and I never got to travel abroad. I'm not going to lie, I'm quite jealous of this because I love exploring. I look at maps for fun and I am that guy that enjoys long car rides. I **** up and traveled during the school year and racked up a 500 dollar credit car bill, but I can pay it off in the summer. It's hard for me to do anything during the school year because I have to make 15-20 hours a week stretch. However, my career calls for long hours and I am scared this will inhibit me from travelling. I really want to go to Europe, South America, and Africa. Any of yall in similar positions.

LondonTowers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Travel. You're young without commitments and the experience will grow you in ways that will help your career and life when you get back. You have a whole lifetime of career and money making but only one stab at youthful adventure unbound by responsibility. You will be surprised how quick you can get trapped in the world of work and material attainment. It will slowly corrode the free spirited mindset your fresh mind still has. So many curve balls can come your way which could derail this idea until it becomes that long lost fantasy of a thorn forever stuck at the hind of your psyche, progged anytime some long haired, backpacker skips past your visual periphery. So yeah.. Travel son!

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
LondonTowers said:
Travel. You're young without commitments and the experience will grow you in ways that will help your career and life when you get back. You have a whole lifetime of career and money making but only one stab at youthful adventure unbound by responsibility. You will be surprised how quick you can get trapped in the world of work and material attainment. It will slowly corrode the free spirited mindset your fresh mind still has. So many curve balls can come your way which could derail this idea until it becomes that long lost fantasy of a thorn forever stuck at the hind of your psyche, progged anytime some long haired, backpacker skips past your visual periphery. Erm, so yeah.. Travel son!
What about a job wise? I don't want to be stuck as a pizza driver.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly man I think you should throw a coin and do it based on that. Either result is no loss man. I have always wanted to make a decision based on a toss of a coin but have not done it so far.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dhoulmagus said:
What about a job wise? I don't want to be stuck as a pizza driver.
LondonTowers is right, double down now before you find yourself (possibly) trapped in the rat race, hustling to make ends meet, especially if you are single. I can't tell you how often I've heard the lame excuse that a guy can't spend a week or two abroad not because he lacks the money or can't clear the time, but because his girlfriend can't go, or more pathetic - his girlfriend won't "let" him. Stakes go higher if that chick becomes his wife, and the coffin is all but nailed shut once she puts one in the oven.

I'm not suggesting that you squander away your 20s, but at least a week or two in a remote destination is something you almost certainly will not regret. Go see the World.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Between_The_Lines said:
LondonTowers is right, double down now before you find yourself (possibly) trapped in the rat race, hustling to make ends meet, especially if you are single. I can't tell you how often I've heard the lame excuse that a guy can't spend a week or two abroad not because he lacks the money or can't clear the time, but because his girlfriend can't go, or more pathetic - his girlfriend won't "let" him. Stakes go higher if that chick becomes his wife, and the coffin is all but nailed shut once she puts one in the oven.

I'm not suggesting that you squander away your 20s, but at least a week or two in a remote destination is something you almost certainly will not regret. Go see the World.
Ya I have a gf and I don't give a **** what she says. I'd like her to join me, but that can't always happen. Is it possible to take a week off vacation in a real job?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Be careful with the credit cards. A $500 balance is no problem and can be easily paid off. But, it's a slippery slope to reach $1,000 then $2,000, etc.

Have some fun, but be very careful about charging on your card. I fully support travel, but plan your budget carefully.