Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you guys mix in push ups with bench press?

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On different days I mean.

My gym has finally just fixed its bench press machine so I can go at it again.
My question is would doing several sets of push ups or push ups till failiure for muscle stamina on a different day from gym chest day, help increase the effectivness of the bench press?

Say If I was to do 2 or 3 sets of push ups to failure on a Tuesday and do my gym chest day on a Friday, would that help in the overall muscle gaining picture?

My personal record for good form consecutive push ups is 75 and I want to beat it, but not at the expense of building chest muscle and most articles say that push ups are useless in this.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do close stance pushups every other day to improve triceps. I have definitely seen improvement in dips, rope pushdowns, overhead extensions, etc. Do them and you'll see steady improvement. Do them consistently though. I started with just 2x20. I'm at 20x7. Do fewer reps to perfect form, not to failure every time.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal_water said:
My personal record for good form consecutive push ups is 75 and I want to beat it,
I literally just beat it!! My record is now 77 :rockon:

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your Bench press starts going down, cut back on push-ups. If your bench starts going up, keep doing em'.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to superset pushups with either seated rows or high rows. So I do 10 reps on the row machine, drop down for 10 pushups, 10 more rows, etc, no rest at all. I either do 1 set of 40 (each) or two sets of 30. It's how I finish my workout.