Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on how to refrain from snacking/ big or bad meals?

Tomo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been about two weeks since I started to really throw myself into my fitness and diet. Basically I'm sitting at about 2 hrs give or take each day of pretty intense workouts - gym, running, swimming, sports, hobbies etc on top of the mental stimulation that is a hard medical related degree and trying to incorporate more coincedental exercise rather than drive to work or take the elevators etc.

The thing though I've found after logging my diet is that my snacking has increased and my portions have too. When I've come home from a long day or having a break between study or workout sessions, I'll mindlessly pop by the kitchen to snack on something. Meal time comes and I get it into my head to have a bit more salad etc talking myself into the fact I think I am eating right.

Well it is obviously not as I've bumped up a couple kilos last few weeks when I noticed this all happening.

Whats anyone's tips on this situation? Obviously I am trying to go into a calorie deficiency so as to cut but I am struggling really hard - especially after basically a decade and a half of bad eating and not much rigorous exercise. Tips on how to better manage my eating will be greatly appreciated!

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy, throw out all the junk/processed food in the house. If its not there, you can't eat it

Tomo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks bud, but its not junk I'm snacking on. That was the first thing to go when I started getting serious. It's more the nuts, crackers (add a bit of ham and veges to it) and even end up just having a full blown extra meal.

I guess it is more a mental side of things but I find I struggle to concentrate; particularly if I've got a long night of study ahead (cut out caffiene from the diet too).

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Raw nuts are great, the roasted/salted/flavored ones not so much...watch sodium intake, it causes you to hold in water weight, and virtually everything has sodium in it...

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomo said:
Thanks bud, but its not junk I'm snacking on. That was the first thing to go when I started getting serious. It's more the nuts, crackers (add a bit of ham and veges to it) and even end up just having a full blown extra meal.

I guess it is more a mental side of things but I find I struggle to concentrate; particularly if I've got a long night of study ahead (cut out caffiene from the diet too).
Throw out the crackers and the ham. Nuts, almonds, etc are great. Vegetables are great as well.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have some raw broccoli dipped in your favorite salad dressing, preferably a salad dressing that is not "low fat" and loaded with sugar.

"Vegetables" means something different to different people. In a lot of the southern US, it could mean mashed potatoes, corn with butter, and deep fried okra. Mississippi is the fattest state; they need to lay off that sh!t and eat some raw broccoli instead.