Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone taking a testosterone booster?

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been taking Six Star Elite Testosterone booster. It seems to give me more morning wood but other than that I don't feel much. I have a tendency to forget the evening dose (it calls for two pills in the morning and two at night) so I think I might take all four in the AM.

The online reviews on this product are pretty mixed. Is anyone taking anything they are really happy with?

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a waste of money. The only way you're going to boost testosterone significantly is via exogenous hormones. Hell, even just increasing your saturated fat intake is more likely to boost your T levels.

At your age, you should be eligible for testosterone replacement therapy. Just go to your doctor and tell him that you've been feeling really tired, mildly depressed, low libido, difficult to gain or even maintain muscle mass and increased bodyfat. They'll run some bloods (which should be below the normal level at your age), and should prescribe you some test. Every male should jump on once they hit the age of 35.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Save your money, they are worthless...studies show that testosterone levels don't actually significantly aid muscle growth until you hit supraphysiological levels...

For the $40 a month you are spending you could get some actual testosterone

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
Save your money, they are worthless...studies show that testosterone levels don't actually significantly aid muscle growth until you hit supraphysiological levels...

For the $40 a month you are spending you could get some actual testosterone
Are there some numbers about this, I mean what we consider supraphysiological? something like 200% compared to the normal range?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
Are there some numbers about this, I mean what we consider supraphysiological? something like 200% compared to the normal range?
Anything above what a person can produce naturally and the increase in LBM was directly correlated with the dosage, ie higher the dose, the more LBM and greater fat loss

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a guy at my gym who's been on HGH (doctor prescribed so he says) since he was 35. He's 63, and is pretty jacked, and I thought he was in his late 30s early 40s until I actually talked to him. Do doctors prescribe HGH in the same manner as TRT?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheStig said:
There's a guy at my gym who's been on HGH (doctor prescribed so he says) since he was 35. He's 63, and is pretty jacked, and I thought he was in his late 30s early 40s until I actually talked to him. Do doctors prescribe HGH in the same manner as TRT?
I'm not sure, but I know HGH is very expensive and you could get better results much cheaper with other substances...HGH is a lot more subtle, have to use at least 6 months to notice...I would use IGF-1 before HGH to be honest

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel is right.

Your body tries to keep things in balance, constantly.

Let's say your natural test level is around 400ng or something. You take a booster, and let's say it works and raises it by 40ng. Your body now has 440ng, however, since the natural range was around 400ng, the extra test triggers a negative feedback effect and scales back endogenous test production to try to normalize your test levels back to 400ng. There is a net change of almost nothing or nothing.

The only way to overcome this is as marmel said, you need supra physiological levels, or in normal terms, way above what your body can produce. However this triggers the negative feedback effect so much that your endogenous production is shut down, and you need to restart it (hence the need for PCT). The only things that will really shut you down are steroids or pro hormones. The effect of test boosters is too small to make any meaningful change.

If it worked it would be illegal. Only some pro hormones are legal, but the components needed for PCT are illegal anyways. If a test booster proved to be working, it would be banned once the government found out it was working.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, heavy deadlifts and squats!! Do not do any of those over the counter test boosters. They will just make your nipples sensitive. Don't go the steroid route, you nuts will stop producing test and you will need to restart the production with another type of medicine. If anything, the only legal way to actually gain any benefit is to go to your doctor and get testosterone replacement therapy. But, once you are on it, it is highly recommended to stay on it because of the same repercussions from steroids, cause you to stop producing hormones on your own. But by going to the doctor you are legal and in no way going to go to jail for it.

Last edited:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. But my diet does include eggs, red meat and other saturated fats. I try to balance them out with nuts and fish/fish oil so I'm not gearing up for an early heart attack. I try and eat plenty of almonds and oysters (when I can find them), things with zinc in them.

I don't believe in supplements or vitamins, any of that sh*t. Nature's going to do what nature's going to do. Obviously you need to do your part, by not eating processed and refined foods/sugars.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
No. But my diet does include eggs, red meat and other saturated fats. I try to balance them out with nuts and fish/fish oil so I'm not gearing up for an early heart attack. I try and eat plenty of almonds and oysters (when I can find them), things with zinc in them.

I don't believe in supplements or vitamins, any of that sh*t. Nature's going to do what nature's going to do. Obviously you need to do your part, by not eating processed and refined foods/sugars.
Sadly added vitamins and minerals are pretty much a requirement these days as not even eating organic will provide what you need due to poor soil conditions and pesticides used that prevent uptake of nurtrients from the soil. And yes, contrary to popular opinion, organic DOES use pesticides, they are just much more regulated in what and when they are allowed to spray...

Also remember those FDA guidelines are for the average person sitting around doing nothing, not someone who is busting their @ss in the gym, whose requirements will be much higher