Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Post Break Up Advice

MedDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am fresh out of a nearly 2 year relationship (she left me) with a girl that I considered a close friend for more than half my life. After the break up I decided to go no contact (didn't tell her I wanted space or anything, just did it) for my own sanity. 2 weeks in and no contact has been made by me whatsoever. About a week ago she sent me a text asking how I was doing and hoping I was ok. I didn't respond as I was still seething at the time but am thinking about responding to her now that I have had time to think about it as I would like to preserve the friendship. Keep in mind, the text she sent a week ago is the one I am considering responding to.

Any advice?

jonhaul

Don Juan
Reaction score
You sure you want to be her friend? Are you okay with her moving on and being romantic with other dudes? I mean are you completely over her and your not holding a false hope to get her back? These are important questions you gotta ask yourself.

MedDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
At the moment, yes I do want her back, but I know that is not in my best interests. As time goes by, though, and I'm over it I would like to keep the friendship going, though. Would it be wise to tell her I want space or just keep quiet like I am already doing?

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MedDude said:
I am fresh out of a nearly 2 year relationship (she left me) with a girl that I considered a close friend for more than half my life. After the break up I decided to go no contact (didn't tell her I wanted space or anything, just did it) for my own sanity. 2 weeks in and no contact has been made by me whatsoever. About a week ago she sent me a text asking how I was doing and hoping I was ok. I didn't respond as I was still seething at the time but am thinking about responding to her now that I have had time to think about it as I would like to preserve the friendship. Keep in mind, the text she sent a week ago is the one I am considering responding to.

Any advice?
Do not reconnect with her, it's done. She's contacting you out of guilt to appease her own ego, it isn't because of the "friendship." Don't give her the satisfaction.

Moving on will strengthen you, believe me, many of us have been in this situation. New p-ssy will have you feeling like a king in no time, but you have to let this go. That's what no contact is meant to do. Answering this text means all respect is lost for you unless you respond with something like "I'm in a relationship at the moment, please don't contact me any more."

***On second thought, too much time has passed. I wouldn't respond at all.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MedDude said:
At the moment, yes I do want her back, but I know that is not in my best interests. As time goes by, though, and I'm over it I would like to keep the friendship going, though. Would it be wise to tell her I want space or just keep quiet like I am already doing?
Just keep quiet... for your own sake.

You say you are okay with just being a friend. Don't do it. Please, because you won't know how to separate your emotionality from this woman. What happens when you two as friends suddenly start to discuss how she has plans to go out on a date with some other guy.

Will you be okay with that?

You want less drama in your life... make new male friends. Go out and meet new women. You are just going through a bit of separation anxiety right now. You even admit that it's not in your best interests... so why even consider it?