Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

my former favourite movie

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching Forest Gump. And you guys have totally wrecked it for me.

Jenny is on POF, and off riding the carousel.
Forest has oneitis and can't get over her.
She eventually comes back, after he runs across country to improve himself, but it doesn't last.
Now he's raising her kid.

I recommend a DNA test, and putting some of that shrimp money towards attracting plates.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are Red Pill elements in Forest Gump that I used to sense when younger. I still like the movie though; it's a classic, imo.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^yeah, he plays captain save a ho a couple times and one of them she hitch hikes and takes off with a trucker. The other, he only gets a hand job.

Bangs him once, pitty fvck, then takes off early in the morning before he wakes up. Then only marries him when she has AIDS.

For a messed up broad, it's pretty dead on if you ask me.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bear in mind Forrest is retarded and raised by a single mom. The point is that he floats through historical moments as a silent player and believes everyone, even LBJ and Nixon, is good at heart like him. It was made for the edification of baby boomers.

I suppose you could make the red pill argument that blue pill = retarded. Anyway I will always consider The Shawshank Redemption, which came out the same year and which Forrest Gump beat out for Best Picture, to be far superior. Great story about a man who plays the hand he was dealt and comes out on top.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, Forrest isn't supposed to be that bright anyway, so it's no surprise that he's kind of naive in affairs of the heart. It's still a great movie.

Peaks&Valleys said:
Bangs him once, pitty fvck, then takes off early in the morning before he wakes up. Then only marries him when she has AIDS.

For a messed up broad, it's pretty dead on if you ask me.
I guess I should say SPOILERS AHEAD!

I read the book, and it is completely different. Jenny isn't some coked out slvt who was abused as a child with issues - she actually likes Forrest and is faithful to him. But he got involved with some groupies when they were in a rock band so she left him. Later they get back together but she leaves him again over an ethical dilemna when she was disappointed in him.

By the way, the book is horrible (IMO), I can't recommend it. This is one of those rare cases where the movie is far, far superior to the book.

PRAGMATIST

Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
forest gump was very alpha IMO

alpha is as alpha does.

his motivations for jenny werent out of desperation or rationalized behavior. he genuinely cared about her and was A MAN throughout his lifetime relationship with her. she banged other dudes, she posed nude, she was on drugs, she only came to him in time of need, her values contradticted his etc etc he didnt cry or berate her or chase her down, he still cared about her as much as he did his mom and his own life which he never forgot to keep living.

he wasnt smart enough to intellectualize or rationalize. all that was left was the man.
In Zen Buddhism they would call him something like a "dumb saint"..meaning he is too stupid to make strategic decisions, so is incapable of deliberately being bad and too naive and childlike in his belief that people are inherently good, so he believes everything everyone tells him. As a result he drifts through life being generally harmless and doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone or anything and so by default he is a "good man". Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.. of course he does punch a guy and makes a fool of himself with his oneitis for the train wreck called Jenny.
He is still blue pill though...and is a total captain save a hoe. I wonder was Jenny's character actually a clever comment on American women, post feminism, rather than just the story of one woman. Mainly because her character is so very, very familiar to so many men.
To be an alpha male would require some strategic planning...where as Gump had "dumb" luck. And when he did end up rich and successful he still took Jenny back, which no body but a total AFC would do..so No he aint alpha male..The guy with no legs was the only alpha male in the movie, he just didnt have as much dumb luck as Gump, clearly.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forest Gump is my favorite movie I think. Or at least top 5. I have not seen it since discovering red pill thinking, it will be interesting to see it again. He is a total captain save-a-hoe.

I'd like to think Jenny is an purposeful comment on modern women.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have never gotten past Forrest Gump winning the Oscar over Pulp Fiction in 93/94. I hate that movie from start to finish LOL. If you FG fans want to find a decent romance without the beta provider theme, try True Romance or The Year of Living Dangerously.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont think its the romance I like about the movie. I love all the americana history that it touches on. I also really like people like Forest in real life. My friends brothers is pretty similar, and I get along really well with him. I think its the childlike innocence that draws me in.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually liked the book. Forrest does a lot of extra stuff that they couldn't fit into an already long movie, like pro wrestling, space travel, and being kidnapped by cannibals.

I think Forrest game is the level we all start at with women. Why are you running away, Jen-nay? I love you Jen-nay! I know I've been there.

True Romance is one of my favorite movies of all time.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I actually liked the book. Forrest does a lot of extra stuff that they couldn't fit into an already long movie, like pro wrestling, space travel, and being kidnapped by cannibals.

I think Forrest game is the level we all start at with women. Why are you running away, Jen-nay? I love you Jen-nay! I know I've been there.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Forest Gump Game!!! hahaha! BTDT.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At least I never named my boat after a chick.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really liked the movie, but no way do I see Forrest Gump as an alpha male. He did end up successful, but that was just luck. If the hurricane wouldn't have wiped out all the other shrimping boats but his, he never would have made his fortune. And would Jenny have entrusted their son to him (assuming he was really his) had he not been rich?

BTW, in the book he is something more of an idiot savant. He can do calculations faster than the NASA computer, and could play chess at a grandmaster level, as well as being strong as a bull.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
It's interesting when you go back in time through movies and can see the morality push. Even more interesting when comparing the movie to the mindset of society a decade or so later.
Indeed. I just watched "Chocolat," which is a stupid movie that came out in 2000. Don't ask me why, I just didn't have much inkling what it was about other than small town France and chocolate. On the surface it seems harmless, but it employs the conventions that religion and tradition are evil and that women must be freed to indulge their sexual deviance at all cost to society. And of course it had a wife-beater as a lightning rod for all that is bad with patriarchy. Even Roger Ebert, no red-piller, said in his review he'd like to see a movie where the Christians are the revolutionaries and the pagans or atheists are the staunch conservatives.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So Forrest Gump is a Captain Save-a-Ho, huh? Well, guess what? He was also a Captain Save-a-Bro and a Captain Save-a-Foe too!

Forrest was an equal opportunity Captain in the "Salvation" army. That dude was out to save damn near everybody he met. And ironically, he was more successful than not. Bubba was his bro' and Lieutenant Dan was damn near his foe (at least at first). But NONE of that stopped him from being true to himself or caused him to compromise his core beliefs.

Forrest Gump is definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. But not because of any lessons it "teaches" about how to interact with women though---but because of the more powerful, overarching message of it:

A small percentage of the quality of your life is what happens to you---BUT the LARGEST percentage of the quality of your life is HOW YOU REACT to what happens to you.

I interpret the two characters (Jenny and Forrest) this way:
  • Jenny was a broken, scarred, warped, and emotionally damage person from the time she was a little girl---thanks to the horrific abuses afflicted on her by her father.
  • But by contrast, Forrest was far more emotionally healthy despite his cognitive shortcomings---thanks to the consistent, sacrificial love an encouragement that he received from his mother.
The difference between Forrest and Jenny comes down to this:
  • Forrest ran TOWARDS life...and Jenny ran AWAY from it.
So when you realize this, Jenny's oft-repeated advice throughout the movie: "Run Forrest---RUN!" ...should take on a WHOLE NEW MEANING, should it not?

Again---no matter what happened to Forrest, though he suffered some setbacks---he kept a positive attitude, he kept moving forward, and as a result---many GREAT things happened to him in his life--that also wound up benefiting MOST of those people he was trying to save.

Forrest Gump embraced the contradictory truth that life is indeed a mixture of destiny AND DESIGN.

And no matter how many suckers, users, and haters he encountered on his life's mission---he instinctively managed to live by that old "Latin" phrase:

Illegitimi non carborundum

Which when translated into English means:

"Don't let the BASTARDS (or the "bytches") grind you down!"

When I look around me today in real life, on the Internet, and in society as a whole--and I see so many guys consumed by bitterness, defeatism, and apathy as a result of their experiences with women and IN LIFE in general---I think that Forrest Gump's positive attitude is damn-near awe-inspiring by comparison.

Shaking off suckas, letting go of petty bullshyt, and staying "on mission" is something I try to do every day. It's still a "work in progress"---but I consider it a worthwhile endeavor---no doubt.

Most definitely, there are MANY other life lessons that we can learn from that movie, but those are the ones that made the biggest impact on me---some 20 years ago when I first saw it.

Enough said.

V.U.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Abandon all DJhood when watching movies, man, wassa matter wichu?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the misses has never seen forest gupm. that's the great thing about marrying someone who isn't from the US all the **** you grew up seeing and stuff you get to watch it over with someone who has never seen it before. We got it on netflix we go watch this tonight after mad men

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
I love this movie, I think its a very realistic portrayal of love-able chump and whomever wrote Jenny's part was spot on the entire way. Today's movies are about spoiled little rich girls who ride the entire team and still come out on top. Jenny ended up apologizing to Forrest in the end for all the things she had done and regretted her life's decisions, you won't see that in today's movies. I don't think it glorifies slvtty behavior but it does show how those behaviors get started. It doesn't show men as being inept and retarded (no pun intended) as today's movies love to do, and nowhere in the movie does the man take a back seat to a woman... as in the current RID**** movie which is basically led by a strong, independent woman while the hero takes 2nd place at her side.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn i forgot just how good this movie is.

I think you should re watch every movie you liked when you hit 28-30. You understand it more.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In truth, the love the Forrest had for Jenny is the love that most men WANT with a woman. To be that in love with a woman, to cherish one woman above one woman to that point, is alluring. The problem is that it's just not pragmatic to be like that with the way things are now.

I do not believe there is a problem with being a "BETA" like forrest was, it's just not conducive to dating in 2014. If that movie were in 2010 Jenny would be all on twitter and would have all types of dudes on her jock and would not give forrest the time of day in school lol.'

edit: damn i did not realize that jenny is the same woman is claire underwood from house of cards.