Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

boycott Firestone

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just e-mailed Firestone about their new commercial. The one where a "wife" runs over her husbands game box... I told them I was tired of commercials where the woman has to "correct" or "save" the ignorant man and would start boycotting companies who chose to run them. IF enough men start taking action, we won't have to put up with this sh1t.

It took me about as long to do that as to post it here... worth it from my perspective

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who aren't brainwashed by this stuff from society are easier to deal with... maybe we need to stop supporting the one's who contribute to it...

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bugs the crap out of me too. Commercials, tv, movies. The sure win for any writer is make the dad or guy look like an idiot.

The erosion of society marchs on.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Goddamn, you're a bunch of pessimistic, whining pvssies...

All Western civilization is crumbling because of some commercial, right? :rolleyes:

Tell me, how many of all current commercials are like this? I bet it's not even 1%... But you guys are ruled by fear and negative thinking, you have an attention bias which makes you zoom in and exaggerate each and every commercial that is condescending to men.
Let me guess, when you're in the supermarket it's always YOUR line that moves the slowest, huh?

Oh, and let's just conveniently forget about women being portrayed as sex symbols in video clips, at promo events and other occasions, as if there's nothing that could compensate for "this constant barrage of abuse that is being put on men" :p

Women have it so good and men have it so bad. The whole world is against us and in favor of the womenz! In fact, the discrimination of men nowadays is even worse than what Hitler did to the Jews, it's obvious!

We are soooo sad and hurt :( Oh big bad society, we beg of you, please stop hurting us!!

Last edited:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
Goddamn, you're a bunch of pessimistic, whining pvssies...

All Western civilization is crumbling because of some commercial, right? :rolleyes:

Tell me, how many of all current commercials are like this? I bet it's not even 1%... But you guys are ruled by fear and negative thinking, you have an attention bias which makes you zoom in and exaggerate each and every commercial that is condescending to men.
Let me guess, when you're in the supermarket it's always YOUR line that moves the slowest, huh?

Oh, and let's just conveniently forget about women being portrayed as sex symbols in video clips, at promo events and other occasions, as if there's nothing that could compensate for "this constant barrage of abuse that is being put on men" :p

Women have it so good and men have it so bad. The whole world is against us and in favor of the womenz! In fact, the discrimination of men nowadays is even worse than what Hitler did to the Jews, it's obvious!

We are soooo sad and hurt :( Oh big bad society, we beg of you, please stop hurting us!!
Wow, you really went on a little tangent there.

The percentage of wimpy men commercials is easily over 50%, whether you want to admit it or not. And no, western civilization isn't crumbling because of the commercial.....rather the line of thinking that spawned the commercial to begin with. You blaming it on one commercial is a cop out. The epitome of 'move on, nothing to see here'.

F*ck that noise.

Malcontent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a lot more women in the advertising/marketing field these days.

Seems there's more tv shows that have a central AW and a group of orbiters, too.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Sodbuster,
You are of course correct in suggesting we be pro-active instead of just whinging...I really thought for a while that the pendulum was swinging back,that maybe some tipping point was not far off...I was wrong,as you point out it is becoming worse not better,Films generally,and US made ones in particular are also just hell bent in putting us down...In this case an advert aimed at Women buying Tyres,seems a wasted effort,for all our uselessness,what Woman buys boots for her jallopy without asking Male advice?Anyhow,you keep writing letters Sodbuster!

Thulsa_Doom

Reaction score
It's simple. Most "funny" commercials (yuck) have to have a fall guy to be the butt of the joke. So as not not appear "mean spirited" you can only make fun of the people on the top of the heap. It's like how you can make fun of the CEO "fat cat" but not the janitor. And how every fat female comedian makes fun of "skinny girls" eating celery, But if a skinny blonde made fun of the girl from "Precious" it would be considered mean. (granted,..we would still laugh, but part of the reason that it was funny would be the shock value).
What I'm saying is, the reason that the fall guy in commercials is usually the straight white guy.....is because WHITE GUYS ARE STILL AT THE TOP OF THE HEAP.
And this is coming from a black guy (hence the name Thulsa Doom)
I can't wait for the day when it's considered OK and safe to make fun of the rich black guy. (Tiger Woods excepted) :)

But for this forum especially, I think we're missing the crux of the situation. Do you really think that successful guys (i.e. Alpha guys) actually CARE about this stupid commercial? When you whine about this commercial (and in public no less) and write emails about it, you just show yourself to have Beta tendencies. Think of this as a "**** test" that some hottie would give you. To an Alpha this commercial wouldn't even register, and it certainly wouldn't be important. But to a Beta, this commercial signifies the "corrosion of American society and Western values".

Oh wait.....I just saw that the original poster is from South Dakota..............

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought advertising was a way to spread knowledge of something....

Damn those smart freaks at Firestone are good

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thulsa_Doom said:
But for this forum especially, I think we're missing the crux of the situation. Do you really think that successful guys (i.e. Alpha guys) actually CARE about this stupid commercial? When you whine about this commercial (and in public no less) and write emails about it, you just show yourself to have Beta tendencies. Think of this as a "**** test" that some hottie would give you. To an Alpha this commercial wouldn't even register, and it certainly wouldn't be important. But to a Beta, this commercial signifies the "corrosion of American society and Western values".
Thulsa hits the nail on the head.

It really doesn't matter how many of these commercials are broadcasted, they will only have a negative effect on you if you allow them to.

If you are not a wimpy man like the ones depicted in such commercials, then why should you feel offended about those commercials? Let alone writing emails about how you're gonna boycot them and opening threads on SoSuave to voice your frustration about them.

Rather than whining about these irrelevant commercials, go out and approach chicks :up:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me, I saw one of those internet comic strips where a boyfriend and girlfriend are out doing things all day. In each frame the guy is interacting with people, doing activities etc. while the chick is staring into her smartphone.

The last pane shows them home at the end of the long day, and he sits down to play video games for a bit. She yells scoldingly at him "I suppose you're going to be on that thing all night!"

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sodbuster, let us know if you get a reply, and what it says.

Die Hard said:
Oh, and let's just conveniently forget about women being portrayed as sex symbols in video clips
And you can bet there will be feminists putting in their protests about being portrayed as such. Why can't males complain when they are depicted in a negative manner?

This also brings up the question do women really mind being considered sex symbols? Seems to me they enjoy the power and being considered sexy when they want to be, and only complain about it when they want to be taken seriously. In other words, they want to have their cake and eat it to - whichever they feel like at the time.

The other situation where women complain about being portrayed as sex symbols is when the girl is ugly and the girl on the screen is hot.

Die Hard said:
It really doesn't matter how many of these commercials are broadcasted, they will only have a negative effect on you if you allow them to.
The question isn't if it will have a negative effect on us as individuals. But when the media continuously portrays men as idiots it has an effect on society as a whole and its expectations for the male gender. No wonder no one cares that males are lower educated than females now. If it was the other way around, you can be sure that there would be social programs put in place to correct the imbalance.

Is it going to hurt us big bad DJs? No. But I see nothing wrong with the OP dropping the company a line. Such a reaction is overdue, IMO. The squeaky wheel gets the greasing, and the feminists have had decades to plead their cases while men have stood by in silence.

Thulsa_Doom

Reaction score
Espi said:
It makes them think, "Gee if Kayak portrays men so stupidly them maybe I'm not such a loser after all. Maybe I am equal to the white man."
:nono: This crap is from the moderator??!!
Are we being racist much?
Espi said:
The irony is, in these commercials to which you refer, the white man is profiting handsomely from them. The actors, the execs who are in charge of the propaganda, the CEO's and stockholders. Most of them white, all of them rich.
What you don't seem to conveniently forget is the 90-95% of TV and movies that make white guys look GREAT. Even FAKE heroes are almost always white. Have we forgotten Superman, Batman, Ironman, Flash, Green Lantern, basically EVERY major hero in EVERY major movie this and EVERY summer IS WHITE. Most every single character on all of the teenage TV shows is white. Hell, even the best selling rapper is white -Eminem. You seem to have selective forgetfulness. Even when you've won ( by no effort of YOUR own, just by luck of birth) you get angry when anyone else get the scraps.

But the really, your just angry because YOU are not getting the white dream that you see on TV. And it angers YOU that there are millions of rich white men who are living the dream and YOU are not one of them.
How do I know that you're not one of them....because they have no problem finding women. While not all of them are Alphas,..they do tend to swing that way.
55 yr old lawyers dating 25yr old grad students. Middle aged brokers and analysts making out with models in the streets of TriBeCa. The sweet summer wind blowing their short skirts as their heels click-clack against the cobblestones of SoHo. You see that all the time in NYC. These are the white men that you are angry that you are not. These are the Alphas that you aspire to be, and they couldn't give a fvck about some stupid commercial. They leave that to the lower class white guys, to "moan and knash their teeth". Such things don't concern them.

I would continue,.....but why. This post will probably get deleted and I'll get banned. The reason given will be because I inflamed controversy on the forum, but we all know that it's because the mod and OP realized that being a real white Alpha takes too much effort and they're prefer to whine and complain amongst themselves.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck all that racial shyt. It's business dumb asses.

Who holds the purse strings in the modern american household? Who makes up to 80% if not more of the spending decisions? Who believes what they see on tv more? Throw in a dash of "boys suck and throw rocks feminism" and you've got a winner. I'm in the advertising game on a low level, but even down here we know you cater to the money, and the money is in the chics.

Right now I am setting up both of my products to cater to women. Because at the end of the day that's who makes the decision in modern day America. It's just selling handsoap to housewives like the 1950s never stopped.

http://youtu.be/m7t9YlMxWoE "1950s nag your husband for a second car"
http://youtu.be/fXtKfAxwkj4 " Modern Day women buy cars for frivolous reasons but NAWALT"

abe0

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We Men do not have advocates

Yes, it is important to speak out because they will continue to contribute to the erosion of Man and manhood. Imagine if it was a man running over a woman's vacuum cleaner or sewing machine or a kitchen product. First, the commercial would be stereotyping the woman....then we would make her look stupid....DO YOU THINK WOMEN WOULD STAY SILENT? Hell no! You would have every womens group calling for the CEO of Firestone's head...and I don not mean the one on his shoulders either. That is why nobody does a commercial like that....but its okay to male bash over and over again...till the impression out there is that we are a bunch of stupid men.
Sooo....yes, email Firestone because they know that most of the time we make the decision on what tire goes on our car and not the little lady. IMHO. Abe

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Why can't males complain when they are depicted in a negative manner?
They can. But if you feel the need to complain about it, then you are clearly fustrated by it. Which is weak and unneccesary. Like I said before, if you are not a weak and wimpy man, these commercials and their effects on people are not gonna have a negative influence on your life. Hence, no reason to get frustrated about them.

Please, can anyone give me a good reason why any of us should feel frustrated about these commercials instead of shrugging our shoulders about it? I haven't seen anyone make a good argument for this idea yet, so I remain convinced that Sodbuster and Albatross were doing themselves a disservice by allowing such commercials to cause feelings of frustration within them. That's why I wrote down my initial response to them in this thread, can anyone point out if that was wrong of me?

The question isn't if it will have a negative effect on us as individuals. But when the media continuously portrays men as idiots it has an effect on society as a whole and its expectations for the male gender.
Of course the question is if these commercials have a negative effect on guys as individuals!! Coz these commercials clearly have a negative effect on two individuals called Sodbuster and Albatross , signified by their posts at the start of the thread. I feel like they are doing themselves a disservice by allowing this to happen, that's what I was getting at with my initial response to them.

Is it going to hurt us big bad DJs? No. But I see nothing wrong with the OP dropping the company a line.
I don't see anything wrong with the OP dropping the company a line IN ITSELF... But the frustration that lies underneath his action, I do see something wrong with THAT. He is unneccesarily allowing these commercials to get under his skin, where I feel he would be much better off by shrugging his shoulders about them and focus on being succesful with women.

Again, if you or anyone else here can point out to me why it's better to get frustrated about these commercials instead of just shrugging your shoulders about them, please enlighten me!

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
abe0 said:
Yes, it is important to speak out because they will continue to contribute to the erosion of Man and manhood.
but its okay to male bash over and over again...till the impression out there is that we are a bunch of stupid men.
You really believe things work like that? People (women) will simply start believing all men are stupid because commercials like these say so? How about the fact that they will interact with men in real life and experience that reality is different from what such commercials display? You really think people/women are that shallow? As if they rely solely on commercials to form their opinion about men and won't allow their real life experiences to adjust their opinion?

I don't think so...

As far as I can see, these commercials could create a certain expectation at most. But this will actually put men in a stronger position, I think. Imagine meeting a girl who actually believes men are the way these commercials depict them... She sure will be impressed by you when you show her you're not like that, won't she? The lower her expectation of you, the greater her admiration for you when you show her that you're TEN TIMES BETTER than her expectation.

And that's exactly what a man should do if he chooses to respond to such commercials at all. Be the best man he can be, master the game, be as succesful with women as he can be. Not even a THOUSAND of these commercials PER HOUR could hold him back.

What CAN hold him back, though, is acting weak and allowing these commercials to get under his skin. Coz if he can't keep these stupid commercials from getting under his skin, then surely he can't keep a WOMAN from getting under his skin, with her SH!T TESTS, her MIND GAMES, her MANIPULATIVE ways etc.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
Again, if you or anyone else here can point out to me why it's better to get frustrated about these commercials instead of just shrugging your shoulders about them, please enlighten me!
I don't think you have to be frustrated to see the anti-male bias and disapprove of it. This forum (and the manosphere in general) has been filled with tales of the adverse effects of feminism. Why sit back and shrug your shoulders when men can start to make their disapproval known? Men have just sat back and taken it, meanwhile all these other special interest groups have gone out and represented themselves. Why can't males do the same?

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I don't think you have to be frustrated to see the anti-male bias and disapprove of it. This forum (and the manosphere in general) has been filled with tales of the adverse effects of feminism. Why sit back and shrug your shoulders when men can start to make their disapproval known? Men have just sat back and taken it, meanwhile all these other special interest groups have gone out and represented themselves. Why can't males do the same?
You're right, you don't have to be frustrated to see the anti-male bias. Seeing it, doesn't mean you're frustrated about it.

However, responding to it by writing emails to the companies and opening threads to tell others about it DOES mean you're frustrated about it.

Espi said:
My opinion is, You don't have to understand. Or be enlightened.

People are gonna think what they want, regardless if you agree or understand.
Going by that logic, it makes no sense that you even wrote this response to me. So there must be something else going on... I have a pretty good estimate of what that is: You know I'm right but you don't want to admit it. That, or you're just trolling (ouch, a moderator who's trolling?) Furthermore, your opinion is irrelevant anyway, I was talking to Zekko, not to you.

Espi said:
Just like I don't have to understand why you might think it's OK for commercials to portray men stupidly.
I see you like to talk out of the side of your neck and sneakily put words into my mouth. I never said I think it's okay for commercials to portray men stupidly, I said people are doing themselves a disservice when they allow such commercials to get under their skin. Obvious troll being obvious...

Last edited:

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the spot in question.

http://youtu.be/ZMZHFIfs0hI

They both look like bytches. He looks like a beta bytch and she looks like a ball busting career bytch. I know couples like that and those guys live in impotent rage followed by caving and sucking up. If you are a bytch beta I could see why this would make you mad. It hits too close to home. But I'm not that guy and will never be him. Watching betas beta doesn't really make me mad. Here's the question, what would you do if your wife did that? Me? I would probably drag her out of the car and while yelling WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU and manhandle her ass inside to curse her out and kick her out with all of her stuff. But then, I don't marry chics or shack up with them so I really don't have those types of problems.

1. Don't be a bytch like this guy in the spot.
2. Fvck Firestone.
3. Vote with your dollars and encourage others to do the same.
4. Post the video on facebook with the caption, "Pulling something like this is how you get dumped and kicked out" and see how many of your bytch ass male friends refuse to like it LOOOL.