Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think men are villified more than women for disliking stepchildren?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a typical article about how men who do this are bad:

http://www.mommyish.com/2012/06/12/splitsville-single-mom-emily-maynard-bachelorette-421/

There are men who think that a single mom should feel lucky she got a date at all. There are men who think that children are “baggage.” ...

... These men are selfish and they probably shouldn’t be around children. But let’s not forget that other men exist. Let’s not ignore the presence of really amazing men who aren’t too self-centered to share a woman’s attention with her kids.

Those men are out there and they are worth holding on to and being thankful for. I’m glad I found one. And I wish Emily Maynard the best of luck in her search.
while of course women are told that it's OK to not like stepchildren:

http://jilldeibel.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Nice-Women-Dont-Like-Step-Kids

If you are tired of hearing the diatribe, but you knew he had kids when you married him, from judgmental bystanders who have never been in the step-parenting trenches, dodge the guilt arrows being launched your direction—you are not a bad person.
DOUBLE STANDARD! :cuss: :cuss:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But let’s not forget that other men exist. Let’s not ignore the presence of really [desperate] men who aren’t too [busy dating hot child-less women] to share a woman’s [financial burden] with her kids.
Women are more naturally inclined to care for kids that are not biologically theirs. See: wet nurses.

Scormus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"There are men who think that a single mom should feel lucky she got a date at all. There are men who think that children are “baggage.”

Every child from a previous relationship is a hit of 1.5 points to their LTR market value.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Baggage," he11. Her kids are more like hauling around a UHaul trailer.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those little b@stards are the problem with society. The single mother should be arrested for breeding with a man who won't take care of his kid. Put the kid in a concentration camp, and tie the womans tube. Single moms are the worst, any man who dates one should be kicked in the balls.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scormus said:
"There are men who think that a single mom should feel lucky she got a date at all. There are men who think that children are “baggage.”

Every child from a previous relationship is a hit of 1.5 points to their LTR market value.

On a scale of 0-2.0

lol

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vilified. No not really. Shamed more? Yes. It's a reason everyone knows of the term "wicked step mother". As for men, we get the shaming on a local level.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say women are usually the ones getting the wicked stepmother label.
Also there are a lot of guys on here that seem to have a hate on for any single mothers of ay stripe out there, so maybe the article has a point.
Myself I was raised by a step father who was one of the most influential men in my life. I had a huge respect for him, him and his buddies taught me hunting, fighting and about women etc... + a few things that maybe they shouldn't ;) as they'd been in jail from time to time.
Yeah you don't want to pick up where some slutty broad has been, but there are lots of reasons for a women to be a single mother.
If it was the men that traditionally kept the babies then there's be a lot of single dads.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I was raised by a single mom as well and I have to admit the respones from some of these dudes in this thread are very off putting. My mom is in no way shape or form a slut, *****, **** carousel rider or whatever. the most genuinely religious woman you will ever met.

She married my dad and my dad could not keep his **** in his pants. Myd ad married 3 other women and cheated on all 3 of them as well.

My mom never put my dad on child support, she made almost 2 times more than he did anyway. My mom never used custody or anything like that over him to get him to do ****. IF i wanted my dad I Got my dad.

Even more so than all that, she never mentioned a peep of a bad word about my dad growing up despise the fact that he got another woman pregnant, with my now 23 year old brother, while they were married. I would not be the man I am today if not for my single mom.

I mean, when I had no kids there is no way in hell that I would marry a woman with kids, for the fact that it's just not fair to me. I wanted my own kid. At least first. I wanted a chance to do all that. Changing diapers, having a kid call me daddy and mean it. To look at my child and have him look just like me.. although my son doesn't look **** like me he's a darker version of his mom. He's got some of my personality traits though I can see that already.

I won't hold it against a woman who was in a marriage, and had kids and the marriage went bad. They would probably have to work harder, but i won't hold it against them as a scarlet red letter or anything. But in saying that, it would take a HELL of a woman to be able to overcome that disadvantage. But it's not out of the question.

this forum hates women. it hates hot women. it hates white women. it hates american women. it hates women who have kids. it hate women who don't have kids. it hates women who don't want to get married, yet you don't want to get married either. At some point you have to like something.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are lots of single mothers I can think of that are that way because the man has just phuked off out of their lives.
My own father being one of them, the guys a looney.
If anything I think guys on here should be mad at the government for creating this inequality whereby men get screwed over.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno. I never felt that being a single mother really was such a negative character statement on a lady. I just figure dudes here get a little carried away bashing a bit. Now what is true is that dating a single mother when you don't have any children of your own is a horrible thing to do. You will always be #2, no matter what...

But if she was my #2 also then I could deal with that, lol...

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, if everyone had their sh*t together there wouldn't be any step-kids and such to be called baggage anyway. I personally think single parents shouldn't get married until their kids are grown up. You want to cut down on this stuff? Affix a seal on all marriage licenses that says this is the only one you get and you or your spouse has to die to get another one. People will re-think this stuff instead of getting married 14 times.

Second, I really don't see what's wrong with this:
... These men are selfish and they probably shouldn’t be around children. But let’s not forget that other men exist. Let’s not ignore the presence of really amazing men who aren’t too self-centered to share a woman’s attention with her kids.
.....and it's the shaming that pisses me off more than the message. And praising men who do the white knight thing. Geez. So what if a man is selfish? All humans are. That's the biggest BS shaming line in all of the earth, outside of 'judging'.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
Those little b@stards are the problem with society. The single mother should be arrested for breeding with a man who won't take care of his kid. Put the kid in a concentration camp, and tie the womans tube. Single moms are the worst, any man who dates one should be kicked in the balls.
lmfao!! +1. maybe +2! lol I totally agree...

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of you guys blaming the man for phucking off. You sure this isn't a thread for jezebel? You guys ever stopped to think that perhaps, just maybe, just now and again, that the woman doesn't take her pill on purpose, or still sleeps with a guy despite no condom, and chooses to open her legs to a man who she knows deep down is not going to commit, especially if she gets pregnant? Yep, sure, there are deadbeat dads, but it goes both ways and there are as many if not more deadbeat mothers.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
HELL YES... any man who dates a single mom should be kicked in the head until he comes to his senses. You know most children are complete sh1t bags right... most children, especially when they are not under your jurisdiction, will go to lengths to piss you off. There is absolutely no gain on your part by dating single mothers. Eventually the sh1t bag behaviour will wear you down to where you start giving your douche bucket girlfriend parenting advice and she flips out on you. If she was a decent parent, she probably wouldn't be dating a guy like you.

I teach kids of all ages EVERYDAY, trust me man, kids are nothing but problems... luckily mine are other people's problems. I see them for an hour a day and then they go home and go away. I can't imagine being trapped in a room with ANY of these kids PERMANENTLY... my god, I would go absolutely nuts. If it was my DNA, of course that's a different story... but to be forced to babysit another man's grown up sperm cell is beyond retarded... and to do it for FREE no less... are you crazy??? I make 50 bucks an hour and I still want to quit and go home... DO NOT DO THIS... god... are you insane? I would rather walk barefoot through the desert, or buck naked through a warzone to date a woman than hook up with a single mom... you gotta be one desperate mofo!!!

this forum hates women. it hates hot women. it hates white women. it hates american women. it hates women who have kids. it hate women who don't have kids. it hates women who don't want to get married, yet you don't want to get married either. At some point you have to like something.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
Yeah I was raised by a single mom as well and I have to admit the respones from some of these dudes in this thread are very off putting. My mom is in no way shape or form a slut, *****, **** carousel rider or whatever. the most genuinely religious woman you will ever met.

She married my dad and my dad could not keep his **** in his pants. Myd ad married 3 other women and cheated on all 3 of them as well.

My mom never put my dad on child support, she made almost 2 times more than he did anyway. My mom never used custody or anything like that over him to get him to do ****. IF i wanted my dad I Got my dad.

Even more so than all that, she never mentioned a peep of a bad word about my dad growing up despise the fact that he got another woman pregnant, with my now 23 year old brother, while they were married. I would not be the man I am today if not for my single mom.

I mean, when I had no kids there is no way in hell that I would marry a woman with kids, for the fact that it's just not fair to me. I wanted my own kid. At least first. I wanted a chance to do all that. Changing diapers, having a kid call me daddy and mean it. To look at my child and have him look just like me.. although my son doesn't look **** like me he's a darker version of his mom. He's got some of my personality traits though I can see that already.

I won't hold it against a woman who was in a marriage, and had kids and the marriage went bad. They would probably have to work harder, but i won't hold it against them as a scarlet red letter or anything. But in saying that, it would take a HELL of a woman to be able to overcome that disadvantage. But it's not out of the question.

BB not to bad mouth you mother, but, you are her son of course you will protect her or ignore things, also I tell you about the religious people, when they do something, the more they feel shamed of thenselfs more religious they become, most they past are not that good when you think, also considerating your own past you really say what you are today is result of your mom or result of you doing something about it? would you say that when you was using drugs?

@live free

and I think that is a problem, you consider your own children a problem, even worse someone else problem, then I aks why you had then in the first place? is not like its impossible to not have one. if you ask me the number of stupid people around is because parents are not willing to take care of they own offspring nad we as society really don't like to let darwin take place and let the morons die out, we need to give then something they can try to scavenge.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
@live free

and I think that is a problem, you consider your own children a problem, even worse someone else problem, then I aks why you had then in the first place? is not like its impossible to not have one. if you ask me the number of stupid people around is because parents are not willing to take care of they own offspring nad we as society really don't like to let darwin take place and let the morons die out, we need to give then something they can try to scavenge.
When I said 'my children', I was referring to the kids in my classroom. I'm a teacher.