Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Hallmark Channel Story

logicallefty

Reaction score
I joined this site in 2006 and am a 100% believer in the core values taught/discussed here. I wanted to share my story in hopes it helps someone else down the road.

In 2009 I got married to a woman I met online, which was mistake numero uno. Ignoring all of the red flags ozzing from her was mistake numero dos'.

In late 2011 / early 2012 I found undisputable computer and FB evidence she was cheating on me with 3 dudes. I was a Police Detective at the time working in cyber crimes, and why you would cheat on a cyber detective with digital means is really dumb. but that was her.

In early 12 we got into a huge fight over the evidence which lead to me being arrested for domestic battery. She then got an order of protection and I was not allowed in my home for 3 weeks. The charges were dropped before it went to trial, but I lost my job as a police officer because of it.

I filed for divorce. Right after that one of her ex BFs called me and gave me a tip to check marriage records in 3 states.

With my background as a Detective I did an extensive background check on her, and sure enough I found out she had two unterminated marriages in two of the 3 states he gave me. So in other words, she was a bigamist, and her marriage to me in 09 was invalid under the law of my State. I had my divorce changed to an annulment and challenged her to produce marriage records to prove me wrong on what I found. She didn't.

We went to court and the Judge said "This is a doozie, I have never seen anything like this". He granted my annulment, retro active our wedding day. I didn't have to pay her squat in assets because an annulment is not like a divorce. She had taken some of my property and my dog and moved out of the house.

I had to sue her to get my stuff and dog back, and it took 9 months, but I came out with most of it back, the dog being the most important.

I am currently getting ready to get hired on with another police department, but I will be back on patrol and have to work my way back up to Detective which is fine.

The moral of the story, if your GUT tells you something wrong with a women, or if all of your friends and family tell you she is trouble like mine did.. Stear clear.. It has taken me two+ years to get this all straightened back out. I would not wish this mess on my worst enemy. Also, I wouldnt recomend dating online to anyone. Right now I am dating an old high school GF who I have known for 22 years. Going to stick with the traditional methods of meeting people from now on. Good luck soldiers. It can be a cold world out there if you let it be like I did.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Goddamn, man! What a story. I agree with you on the online thing and the gut feeling. Glad you are getting your life and job back in order; this experience was not something you needed to go through. Good luck.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Lefty,
I really hope you get that job,you are obviously one helluva good cop...

QuantumFool

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Lefty. I think that a lot of guys out there can learn from your hard lesson and be more the better for it. If a smart and experienced detective goes through this it goes to show regular schmucks like me can be very very easily taken. Will trust the old gut.

hithard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What an amazing story. Thanks for sharing lefty, and as horrible as it is I bet 99% of guys going through divorce could only wish they had a judgement like that. At least you are not starting over from too far behind.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words, everyone. I really appreciate it. Hithard, yes, I was lucky not to have to giver her 1/2 my savings and assets. She and her lawyer tried to dance around the facts and still get some of assets, but luckly our Judge would have none of it. You could tell by looking in the Judge's eyes that he saw her as the POS that she was.