Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lower back pain?

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last couple of weeks I've had lower back pain which is fairly constant.

IT goes away If I lie down, for example sleeping, but it comes back with any kind of bending over motion. I tried the bodyweight squat motion and it was there.
I can't do squats or deadlifts atm because of it.

I'm seriously hoping its not a herniated disc or something but it probably is. Can those heal on their own given time?

I'm going to be staying away from squats and deads for a while (it doesn't matter how neutral my spine is, its still there).

I can do things like pullups, farmers carries, shrugs etc. just fine and my gym has one of those rowing machines with a pad against the chest so I should be able to continue working the back without deadlifts.

I can do calf raises just fine as well but I don't know what to do regarding quads, hamstrings and glutes? Am I just going to have to abandon them?

I heard front squats are better for the back, is this true? I'm going to leave squats for a while but when I do them again I might try this front squat out.

Any advice guys?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stop jacking off

dead serious.

stop for a week and see if it clears up. i used to have horrible lower back pain. i used to go to the masseuse and get entire 60 min sessions on my back. about a month after i stopped masterbating it was non existant.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol ok thanks, not sure if you joking me around or not but I'll give it a shot seeing as I've noticed (if its not too much info) that jacking off does make it a lot worse.

1 month of no fap, oh this is going to be difficult.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone with scoliosis and muscle issues in my back, I stay away from any exercise that puts too much pressure on my spine.

This means no deadlifts, no squats, no 45 degree leg press either.

Instead to build my back I do hyperextensions while holding a plate. Or Ill do good mornings with minimal weight. For legs I will do hack squats, or the leg press machine where the sled is in front of your feet, and not above them.

All of these exercises makes it so there is no weight pushing down on my spine, and also makes sure I dont overload my back. I mean sure, I could do light deadlifts or light squats...but doing them light wouldnt build my legs and back the way I want. Doing those exercises light wouldnt really challenge me safely.

To get a real challenge for my legs I would have to do something heavy enough that my back would suffer greatly if my form was ever off. And even when my form is perfect, my back just couldnt handle it. The 45 degree leg press especially made my back feel terrible no matter how correct my form was. And if I lowered the weight to a point where I didnt feel dangerous pressure on my spine, I got no real workout from it.

Not everyone can do all of the big lifts. And you can certainly build a great physique without doing all of the big 3 lifts. I have a buddy who has shoulder issues and cant bench press without discomfort. Hes tried a lot to fix it...and he has been told his form is great by many people...but still gets discomfort. So he's forced to use machines and dumbells for his chest.

Take care of your body man. Listen to it. Don't be stubborn like I was for a bit, and end up aggravating your injury.

PS - Go see a doctor. Its how I found out about my issues and limitations.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dead f'n serious. i used to have chronic lower back pain that was so bad i couldn't exercise at times for more than 10-15 mins at a time. about 2-3 weeks into not fapping it just disappeared. why i don't know. i don't know the science behind it or anything. just telling you what happened with me

Reaction score
No fapping is a great DJ principle and it should be in the bible. That's what the women are for.

Josephmayer

Reaction score
I was having the lower back pain and till time I stopped going to gym or doing exercise, it disappears but if I join againall such course, then within one week same problem of lower back pain occurs. Please suggest me some tips what should I do?
---------------------
masseur cellulite

Reaction score
read about it in THE FOUR HOUR BODY, by Tim Ferris. You can get that book from your local library.

find some place that you can lie on your back, with one leg bent and supported by a chair, medicine ball, etc. "hook" the heel of your other foot (leg straight) in something, I use the many leveled metal rail around a small gym room, you want 3-4 levels for your hooked heel, from 6"-18 off of the floor. Lie there with that leg up for 5 minutes at each level, using back and abs to press your back into the floor. repeat on other leg. REally helped me.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into foundation training(youtube it) and start doing it every morning---its 6 to 10 minutes but it definitely is worth it...Effort has me doing it and its specifically for prevention and healing of lower back issues...