Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gain strength and cut - is it possible?

JustinBustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience I have to gain weight to gain strength. How can I keep strength and cut 20 lbs? Is it possible with the right regimen and diet?

miketan70

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it is. You can find special exercises called strenght workout. Try these.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes,

Heavy weights, low reps. Lots of protein. Protect that muscle.

U

user43770

I lost 15 pounds of fat while also setting personal bests in all of my lifts. I was stronger than I'd ever been. Granted, my diet was super strict; I lived and breathed my macros for a year straight. It all depends on how bad you want it.

I used intermittent fasting and reverse pyramid training via Martin Berkhan (leangains.com). Best lifting/diet advice I've ever found, and I've been researching lifting for over 15 years. Different things work for different people, though.

PM me if you want specifics.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you loose weight, your gonna have a decrease in strength. So, once you "cut" down to whatever size you want, your gonna have to work your way back up to that strength with your new body weight. Depending on how much you loose and other variables things could go either way. Everybody is different, only way you will know is by trial and error until you get more experience and find what works for you.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you need to clarify that you want to gain strength and cut FAT, not weight in general. Like Krueg said, highly unlikely you are going to gain strength without maintaining or adding muscle weight.

In that case, yes it's possible but only with very clean eating and plenty of protein. Need to make sure you take in some good carbs too, especially after a workout.

Reaction score
JustinBustin said:
In my experience I have to gain weight to gain strength. How can I keep strength and cut 20 lbs? Is it possible with the right regimen and diet?
You can gain strength on a cut... If you had been inactive.

You can maintain most of your strength on a cut, if you take your time and drop weight. Drop 1-3 lbs a week, by adding cardio, and adjusting diet... You can keep most of your strength.

If you lost a bunch of water or lose weight too fast, you won't feel as powerful.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are a noob, yes.

You shouldn't really try to lose weight per se but recomp.

If you are a noob all you need to do is get on a 5x5 and stay at maintainance, you will increase muscle mass and reduce fat for about the first 3 months.