Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hormones and facial attraction?

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently compared two pics of myself lately........

They were taken about a year and a half apart, so ageing would not be a factor...

The first one was taken at a time when I doing Kyokushin Karate twice a week, and constantly banging my 5 plates.....

The second one was taken after I had dropped off the Karate and was in a monagamous state for a year.....

I noticed there was a subtle difference in the pics that I couldn't pinpont, but then I came up with a therory that Testosterone manifests itself by injecting your facial features with its presence. I definetly looked more masculine and confident in the first pic...

Anyone agree?
(Not gonna post the pics, just looking for a general discussion on Testosterone's role in facial aesthetics)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubirosa said:

They were taken about a year and a half apart, so ageing would not be a factor...

The first one was taken at a time when I doing Kyokushin Karate twice a week, and constantly banging my 5 plates.....

The second one was taken after I had dropped off the Karate and was in a monagamous state for a year.....

I noticed there was a subtle difference in the pics that I couldn't pinpont, but then I came up with a therory that Testosterone manifests itself by injecting your facial features with its presence. I definetly looked more masculine and confident in the first pic...

Anyone agree?
(Not gonna post the pics, just looking for a general discussion on Testosterone's role in facial aesthetics)
Yes, this is true. Well, actually you kind of have it backwards. Lack of testosterone manifests itself in the face due to increase of estrogen which gives you a "bloated, moon-face" appearance.

So your normal face is when you have sufficient levels of testosterone, since you are a man. If you lack testosterone, it means you have elevated estrogen levels, or more correctly, a lower Testosterone:Estrogen Ratio. The higher this ratio, the less fat and more masculine appearing body you will have, the lower this ratio the more fat and more "bloated" appearance you will have due to Estrogen's ability to hold in water.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Testosterone augments the muscle bellies in your face: your cheek, jaw, and chin muscles.

Cheek muscle. Squint extremely hard. Do you feel the cheek muscle rise to the top of your cheek bone? Testosterone augments the cheek muscle giving it a lift, lending to a more attractive appearance of higher cheek bones.

Jaw muscle. Flex your lower jaw extremely hard outwardly. Testosterone augments the jaw muscle giving it a wider, more sculpted, greater boxed, more masculine appearance.

Chin muscle. Flex your chin muscle. Do you feel it elongate? Testosterone increases the width and length of the chin, lending to a triangular-shaped face and more masculine appearance.

Many of these benefits can also be attained by flexing your facial muscles with force while doing reps in your workout regime. Testosterone just naturally augments muscles without lifting.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, if you were training intense martial arts, mirroring cardio sessions, which have less to do testosterone augmentation and more to do with your dropping subcutaneous water stores below your skin's surface leading to cleaner, more youthful, glowing skin, as well as accentuating your facial features due to the paucity of subcutaneous water stores.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back then when formeron (aromatase inhibitor) was legal, a single drop at night made my face look much better for the following few days.

I also believe it depends on the test/estro ratio.

The water, the bloated look and so on.

Reaction score
Rubirosa said:

Anyone agree?
Testosterone is but one hormone. In the state where you where having a lot of sex, and success in your workouts and your life, you where also filled with oxytocin, the pleasure centers were filled in your brian and your posture and your presense is different. Also like you said, testosterone is higher in a sexually active male versus one who Is just masterbating.

But how you look as you see is a lot based off of what you DO.

Good that you point this out.