Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How can the GOP win back the nation and the White House?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With an ever changing population in the United States, and with the Republican party having lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections, how can the Grand Old party spark a resurgence?

Nationally, the Republican party has been losing (or already lost) every growing group of Americans in this country. Asians, LGBT folks, independents, non-religious etc. Then there are those groups that have a steady population, but are strongly Democrat....Blacks, Muslims, Jews, young people, etc etc. But most of all, the GOP is on its way to completely losing the single fastest growing demographic in this nation...the Hispanic vote.

The GOP has been steadily losing the Hispanic vote with the way they act regarding immigration. It pushes Latinos further and further away from the party. Think about it....53% Kerry in 2004, 67% Obama in 2008, and 71% Obama in 2012. And it only continues to grow. Cubans, at least the older Cubans, were the only real Latino demographic that had a history of leaning Republican.

Check out this article and look at the polling numbers since 1972. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...can-problem-with-hispanic-voters-in-7-charts/ The GOP has gotten over 40% of the Hispanic vote once in the last 40 plus years. And theyve consistently gotten only a quarter to a third of the Hispanic vote...with the most 3 recent presidential elections showing a sharp downward trend.

With the changing demographics in the country, I cannot see the GOP having a strong future...especially with the way they alienate Hispanics with this immigration issue. And lets not even talk about Obama's administration getting the Democrats those needed Florida Hispanic votes in 2016, with this new relationship with Cuba

While the GOP won back the house in 2014's elections, keep in mind that historically, midterm numbers differ from the numbers seen during presidential years. This is due to low voter turn out for the house majority party vs high turnover for the house minority party during midterms. Many political scientists chalk this up to complacent majority party voters vs impassioned minority party voters.

Lastly, check this out :http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...partys-nose-to-spite-its-face-on-immigration/

See this picture, as it shows the trending future makeup of both parties.

How can the Republican party win national favor if their history since the Civil Rights movement is a party thats overwhelmingly white? 9 out of 10 of their voters are white people, who are likely to be older, Christian, and socially conservative. Every other racial, religious, ethnic, and social demographic in this nation is growing...and those demographics largely vote Democrat or Independent.

I look forward to real answers to this question. And not flaming troll remarks. Remember...the angry and butthurt trolling and hate filled insults are part of the attitude that have turned people away from the GOP. And trust me, people pay attention to the stuff they read online, especially in social media where a lot of political animosity is present.

Im seriously interested in what right wing supporters feel is a good political strategy to get the country led again by people who share their beliefs. How can Republicans show people who are not white, not religious, and not socially conservative, that they can feel like they belong in the GOP. How can Republicans make these people feel that their politics represent them?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Im seriously interested in what right wing supporters feel is a good political strategy to get the country led again by people who share their beliefs. How can Republicans show people who are not white, not religious, and not socially conservative, that they can feel like they belong in the GOP. How can Republicans make these people feel that their politics represent them?
Hispanics relate better to the Republican party. They just need to be given a reason to vote for them, ie, they need to be to lobbied to.

It doesn't matter, white liberals are the ones who win the elections for Democrats. That might not be true in 2100, but it is true today. Florida, Virginia and Ohio are the main swing states.

The main thing that will probably help the Republicans is age. The older people get, the wiser they get. Kids coming out of school today are seeing through the liberal promises, and Obama has turned so many people off at this point. It will be interesting to see. More than anything it's about getting the right leader.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pairplus,

Saying " they can win " isn't enough. Neither is opposition candidate bashing. Im seriously interested in a legitimate strategy based on policy points.

Also the portions of various minority groups that are middle class vote Democrat as well. So I don't think one can simply say a bigger minority middle class will help the Republicans.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"GOP"? Is that the stuff in the red can?

They can all vote for third-party candidates.

I'd love them forever. Otherwise, it's just more of the same cola. Coke for a few years, Pepsi for a few years, Red, Blue, same sh¡t, different can, same corrupt-as-ƒuck money motivations...

I'm dying of thirst. Can't I get a Mt. Dew, an iced-tea, or just a damn glass of water for a change?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Clinton wins 2, Bush wins 2, Obama wins 2...

Your 'analysis' is hilarious Jay.

You know what demographic the Republican Party is not losing?

It's people that grow up and realize that Democrats talk a good game and then screw EVERY affinity group they attract for long enough to win an election. That group is not racially, ethnically or gender based.

The pathetic demographic 'argument' made by nearly every low grade intellect democrat about how Republicans are losing out on one group after another consistently ignores the most important feature of a population - aging.

Back to school with you. And grab your ankles in '16.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think it's an gross oversimplification (and wishful thinking) to suggest that supporting the left on immigration and gay rights would win significant voters for the Repubs.

That's like saying some Republicans would switch sides and vote Democrat if the Dems loosened up on their anti-gun stance. It wouldn't work. People are pretty firm on their "side" and unlikely to change.

I think the Repubs' real problem is lack of a PLAN and a clear, consistent message. From Neo-cons to Tea Partiers, the party is largely divided and all over the place.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I think it's an gross oversimplification (and wishful thinking) to suggest that supporting the left on immigration and gay rights would win significant voters for the Repubs.

That's like saying some Republicans would switch sides and vote Democrat if the Dems loosed up on their anti-gun stance. It wouldn't work. People are pretty firm on their "side" and unlikely to change.

I think the Repubs' real problem is lack of a PLAN and a clear, consistent message. From Neo-cons to Tea Partiers, the party is largely divided and all over the place.
I agree. I know I tend to support Repubs' mostly because they are the lesser of two evils when it comes to immigration and discrimination against males, whites and traditional American culture. Repubs' that push for more immigration and gun control lose my support.

I think what Republicans need to do is to win the white female vote (and moderate Democrats that are mostly left on economic issues and not social issues). Therefore the GOP needs to run a young, good looking and well-spoken candidate. Women vote on attractiveness and appearance.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Very true Stagger. They need a young hot guy to run. Being good looking and a smooth talker will almost always trump substance in the US today where white women are probably the most powerful demographic.

I'm not thrilled with Repub performance, but vote that way because it's closer to my views too.

But I still insist that they need a specific PLAN to take to the American people. The Contract with America was a good selling point in Gringrich's time. (Sadly, I don't think they followed through with any of it though lol.)

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
Clinton wins 2, Bush wins 2, Obama wins 2...

Your 'analysis' is hilarious Jay.

You know what demographic the Republican Party is not losing?

It's people that grow up and realize that Democrats talk a good game and then screw EVERY affinity group they attract for long enough to win an election. That group is not racially, ethnically or gender based.

The pathetic demographic 'argument' made by nearly every low grade intellect democrat about how Republicans are losing out on one group after another consistently ignores the most important feature of a population - aging.

Back to school with you. And grab your ankles in '16.
whatever you say old man. Right wing politicians and pundits have said the same thing I'm saying about Republicans needing to diversify their base to stay alive.

This demographic shift is something not to be ignored and made light of.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
The Republican base is diversifying, too slowly at present, but diversifying baby boy.

Solid dem voting blocks are fraying at the edges because the only constituencies the dems deliver for are the multi-generational welfare and government dependent 1% faux entrepreneurs that get rich working federal largesse.

So pretend your racial, ethnic, gender blocs are solid. Pretend that they don't grow up.

Keep your blinders on Jay.

Good boy!

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blinders?

You're the one ignoring national data showing the republican voter 1 times out of 10 being a minority. And that's over several election cycles. That does not bold well when statistics show us minorities will be the majority in the near future.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Keep your blinders on Jay.

Every one of those 'minority' groups is aging.

Dem analysis NEVER looks at that or factors it into its 'analysis'.

It's why dems are continuously confused about why reality does not conform to its narrative.

It's like your initial fantasy about a Republicans 'losing the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections'. But you've no clue why Democrats and Republicans alternate controlling the White House typically for 8 years.

Good boy!

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound just like those smug fox news pundits who were so sure Obama would lose in 2012. If Hillary runs... Watch out. I'm not a big fan of hers but I know for sure women will be rising to vote her into office in order to make history.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Right wing politicians and pundits have said the same thing I'm saying about Republicans needing to diversify their base to stay alive.

This demographic shift is something not to be ignored and made light of.
That's why legal immigration needs to be reduced and illegal immigration should never result in citizenship by dumping out a baby (more like many babies per woman). I think the US is about the only nation left that allows for anchor baby citizenship. It's for your own good too. Hispanic democrats who are mostly catholic and Asians are not going to be a benefactor to you like white democrats are. Even many Democrats are against the hispanicization, islamization, balkanization etc of the US.

I think a better question is how is it Democrats have been as successful as they have been attacking the still majority and dividing people. I can understand how class division would sell to the majority, but dividing people by ethnicity and gender against the still majority shouldn't. I think there are signs it has stopped working.

Also Hillary is highly defeatable. She is very unlikable.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Please run Hillary!

Oh please, oh please oh please!

You type like a smug MSNBC Rachal Maddow fan Jay.

When discussing demographics, I look at source data, not newspapers, not lefty or righty websites, not talking heads.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Illinois, a democrat state. We just threw out the democrat governor and elected a Republican. I think he looks like a televangelist. All my friends who are in a union hate him already. His first initiative is what he calls "right to work" zones, which means "union-free" zones.

The War on Drugs has been mostly a Republican plan for its entirety, and by now almost everyone agrees it has all been a huge failure. Sentencing reform is a hot topic lately, getting rid of the old mandatory minimum sentencing plans that were usually the result of Republican 'tough on crime' initiatives.

Legal weed has been a big success in Colorado. The state just reported $720 million in tax revenue the first year and predicts over a billion for this year. Other states are scrambling to follow Colorado's example.

I think if either one of the 2016 candidates promises to legalize pot at the Federal level, it will make a huge difference in their popularity. It would probably be the Democrat, but I really don't see any reason why the Republicans couldn't do it in the name of states' rights and individual liberty. They are in desperate need of a makeover as a party, and I think that would do it.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This whole "party" nonsense is a huge part of why this country can't seem to move forward and get things done. The founding fathers would be against it. Too many people vote for what's best for their party instead of what's best for the country.

YawataNoKami

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am hispanic(puertorican ,born and raise in Utuado , Puerto Rico) and a proud republican.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
How can the GOP win back the nation and the White House?
Nation....What nation? You mean how do the rapidly outnumbered predominately working class white males and married white females kowtow even further to a hodgepodge of unassimilated mini countries? Haven't they already tried just about everything short of leaving the foreign hordes the keys to their houses and fvcking off back to (what's left of) Europe?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bush name I feel is to tainted nationally. No way Jeb wins. Plus many in his own party see him and his brother as RINOS.