Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Brand name jean suggestions?

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of my buffalo jeans have started to tear and fall apart after wearing them for a few months. It kind of pi$$es me off since I spent hundreds of dollars on this garbage that only lasts me a few months. Hell even my gap jeans last longer then this garbage. Is there any jean manufacturers left that still sell jeans that don't fall apart after a few months of wearing? I noticed true religion and diesel charge an arm and leg for jeans, not sure how good quality there are. I'm also thinking about guess jeans. They are also expensive but not nearly as bad as diesel and true religion.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, I used to be into following designer denim trends. Never could buy much though because who wants to pay over 100 bucks a pair for denim all the time?

If you are dead set on brand name denim but want a deal, hit up Marshalls or other bargain stores. I know someone who scored a nice pair of 7s there once. You can also check out fashion type blogs or forums like hypebeast, styleforum, or superfuture. Those are good places to talk fashion and get advice.

Youd be surprised how much men can get into talking about clothes. Youd be surprised how much guys care about looking good. Some of these cats have closets full of nice shoes, and not just collections of sneakers. I mean all kinds of shoes and boots.

Back to jeans...some of these guys really love their raw denim. Some wont wet wash them for weeks at a type. And even when they do a wet wash, many do a bath tub wash with castile soap then hang dry. Washing machines and detergent can be more harsh on jeans. Plus for the money some of these dudes spend (over 200 a pair) it makes sense they are careful washing.

Many clean their jeans themselves without water in order to preserve the indigo. Plus once you finally wash em, the jeans have awesome honeycomb patterns behind the knees...as well as custom fades where your keys and wallets usually go. I think that sh!t looks good with a fresh white tee and some nice Clarks on your feet.

And there's a shrink-to-fit crew too. These dudes will sit in a hot tub in their new jeans so they shrink the right fit to their body. Fit and look is that important to some of these cats.

Anyways, I never had a lot of cash to throw at denim, so I mainly stuck to Levi's and Cheap Monday. My favorite pair of jeans ever were a pair of Levi's 511 blue jeans. I wore those things OUT. They were my main pair at least 3 days out of the week for like almost 2 years before the crotch wore out. And I did everything in those jeans. Best 45 bucks I ever spent.

So Id say if youre on a budget, go for a slim fit Levi's and look at their shrink-to-fit style too. Raw Levi's denim can be a very good buy. If you must go for higher end, check out the earlier mentioned forums and youll be directed towards the good stuff. I highly recommend Samurai selvage denim jeans, made in Japan. They are pricey though.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Bro, I used to be into following designer denim trends. Never could buy much though because who wants to pay over 100 bucks a pair for denim all the time?

If you are dead set on brand name denim but want a deal, hit up Marshalls or other bargain stores. I know someone who scored a nice pair of 7s there once. You can also check out fashion type blogs or forums like hypebeast, styleforum, or superfuture. Those are good places to talk fashion and get advice.

Youd be surprised how much men can get into talking about clothes. Youd be surprised how much guys care about looking good. Some of these cats have closets full of nice shoes, and not just collections of sneakers. I mean all kinds of shoes and boots.

Back to jeans...some of these guys really love their raw denim. Some wont wet wash them for weeks at a type. And even when they do a wet wash, many do a bath tub wash with castile soap then hang dry. Washing machines and detergent can be more harsh on jeans. Plus for the money some of these dudes spend (over 200 a pair) it makes sense they are careful washing.

Many clean their jeans themselves without water in order to preserve the indigo. Plus once you finally wash em, the jeans have awesome honeycomb patterns behind the knees...as well as custom fades where your keys and wallets usually go. I think that sh!t looks good with a fresh white tee and some nice Clarks on your feet.

And there's a shrink-to-fit crew too. These dudes will sit in a hot tub in their new jeans so they shrink the right fit to their body. Fit and look is that important to some of these cats.

Anyways, I never had a lot of cash to throw at denim, so I mainly stuck to Levi's and Cheap Monday. My favorite pair of jeans ever were a pair of Levi's 511 blue jeans. I wore those things OUT. They were my main pair at least 3 days out of the week for like almost 2 years before the crotch wore out. And I did everything in those jeans. Best 45 bucks I ever spent.

So Id say if youre on a budget, go for a slim fit Levi's and look at their shrink-to-fit style too. Raw Levi's denim can be a very good buy. If you must go for higher end, check out the earlier mentioned forums and youll be directed towards the good stuff. I highly recommend Samurai selvage denim jeans, made in Japan. They are pricey though.
thanks for the suggestions. I saw a few pairs of levi's at my local marshalls for around $30-40. I also saw guess's there for $50 and some true religion jeans for $150. It's a shame buffalo jeans weren't made to last because I love the design of these jeans. I've gotten numerous compliments from people about how nice they look, but I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on something that lasts for 6 months. My most recent pair that I paid $50 for lasted me 2 months. I was really pi$$ed after that and swore never to buy there jeans again.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After trying various designer brands of jeans over the years and not liking the cut (what's up with the faggot looking sagging seat?), inconsistent quality and feel and lack of durability, I went back to Levi's. I feel they are more consistent and hold up better than most brands.

I don't want to pay more than $40 for jeans that are made for a few bucks in a foreign country anyway.

It might help your jeans hold up longer if you hang dry them. I hang mine in the closet straight out of the washer and they are dry after a few hours. Washing and drying is hard on jeans. Washing as infrequently as possible, cold water, front loaders and hang drying may help.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
After trying various designer brands of jeans over the years and not liking the cut (what's up with the faggot looking sagging seat?), inconsistent quality and feel and lack of durability, I went back to Levi's. I feel they are more consistent and hold up better than most brands.

I don't want to pay more than $40 for jeans that are made for a few bucks in a foreign country anyway.

It might help your jeans hold up longer if you hang dry them. I hang mine in the closet straight out of the washer and they are dry after a few hours. Washing and drying is hard on jeans. Washing as infrequently as possible, cold water, front loaders and hang drying may help.
I hang dry all of my clothes and I use the cold water setting. I stopped using a dryer after all of my new t-shirts shrank in size.