Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the best pose/posture while standing[*]/walking/sitting[Between Approaches]?

sage_juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my observation standing straight with legs only a little apart forming a tall inverted V between legs with hands resting just below the waist[Forming long but small arcs] seemed to attract a more looks compared to just standing with arms falling down. Also when I look around and observe other dudes standing having legs too far apart looks really funny and unattractive/anti-alpha.

Though arms across the chest is often criticized as a closed/defensive posture it does look better than most other standing postures, but yes an open chested posture does attract more extended looks and exudes more confidence.

Just as an add-on while walking I noticed in addition to shoulders being straight if the hands are moving back and forth just a little it tends to create a more attractive effect then just walking hands straight down and still [though this is still better than slouching shoulders].

So this is pretty much clear that body should be straight, feet firmly planted on ground and weight distributed evenly, and back as straight as possible. It's the optimal hand position that is debatable.

Also if there are any views on generally having an open/close/semi-closed fist whilst walking please point your preference/reason for that out too.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Stand like this gunny (gunner sergeant). Plus this video motivates the fvck out of me. Makes me angry in a upbeat positive way. "I know you all figured out another secret the Marine Corps has, we don't tell you sh!t and we play games and I knew we were leaving tonight, fvcking seven months ago, we didnt tell you all because we want you to get fvcking pi$$ed off."

But look at his posture, his body language, and the way he speaks. very dominate, and masculine. Acts like a god dam.n man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxYucS88cxA

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
When standing, I typically put most of my weight on one leg. I usually have something in one of my hand whether it's a pool stick, a drink, a phone (rarely). When conversing, maintain eye contact and speak with your arms.

When I'm walking, I puff my chest out, shoulders down and relaxed, I erect my lower spine, chin is parallel to the floor, and my arms are going with the walk.

Do not be stiff. You need to flow like a river. Remember to smile. The smile is not in the mouth but it's in the eyes.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GettinMyMindRight said:
Couple small things:

A) When walking with a drink, hold it down by waist. Not in front of chest.
Hey I started holding all of my drinks this way months ago. There's only one downfall to this. When I was getting a drink from a gas station with my friend nearby, they have these cheap Styrofoam cups. Now me now naturally holding cups down below by my waist I held it like that. After a short few minutes the cup started to get really weak at the top, where my fingers were, and eventually the cup warped into a V shape and my fingers slide up around the lid and the lid popped right off(lid was plastic) resulting in the drink going splat, only it was right side up. My friend was laughing his ass off because what happened, in his perspective, is that I had purposely dropped it from my side. Like it landed perfectly, but it still exploded at the bottom.

So make sure the cup is durable before doing this.

Thundernuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this what SS has come to?

How to hold your drinks. Smh.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
GettinMyMindRight said:
Couple small things:

A) When walking with a drink, hold it down by waist. Not in front of chest.

2) When standing at a bar, sit your drink on the counter. Again, do not hold in front of your chest.

Small things, but I want to punch every d bag I see holding a beer in front of his chest.
I do this also. Also when you nod at some one, always nod up. Nodding up is a sign of dominance, nodding down, a sign of submission.

keep your body open when you walk or stand. Some one who is afraid of being attacked has closed (defensive) body language.

Putting your hands behind your back shows confidence because your not afraid.

The most dominate male in any group will be comfortable and have open body language.

Crossing your ankles is a sign of insecurity, covering the front of your body, anything closed.

Valentino14

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thundernuts said:
Is this what SS has come to?

How to hold your drinks. Smh.

It's like a social club for the English Aristocrats learning how to be prim and proper. You're going to look like more of an idiot dropping your drink holding it off to the side.

Frayzer said:
Hey I started holding all of my drinks this way months ago. There's only one downfall to this. When I was getting a drink from a gas station with my friend nearby, they have these cheap Styrofoam cups. Now me now naturally holding cups down below by my waist I held it like that. After a short few minutes the cup started to get really weak at the top, where my fingers were, and eventually the cup warped into a V shape and my fingers slide up around the lid and the lid popped right off(lid was plastic) resulting in the drink going splat, only it was right side up. My friend was laughing his ass off because what happened, in his perspective, is that I had purposely dropped it from my side. Like it landed perfectly, but it still exploded at the bottom.

So make sure the cup is durable before doing this.
Edit

See this? I missed this post. This is what will happen.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

sage_juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
SeymourCake said:
When conversing, maintain eye contact and speak with your arms.

When I'm walking, I puff my chest out, shoulders down and relaxed, I erect my lower spine, chin is parallel to the floor, and my arms are going with the walk.

Do not be stiff. You need to flow like a river. Remember to smile. The smile is not in the mouth but it's in the eyes.
I agree with most of the ^^ stuff the chin and the smile with the eyes part, yup and although smiling is a sign of confidence it too has become a beta nice guy trait, just be on the verge of smile and communicate with eyes, totally agree on that SeymourCake.

noobolgy said:
keep your body open when you walk or stand. Some one who is afraid of being attacked has closed (defensive) body language.

Putting your hands behind your back shows confidence because your not afraid.

The most dominate male in any group will be comfortable and have open body language.

Crossing your ankles is a sign of insecurity, covering the front of your body, anything closed.
ONE QUESTION THOUGH?

What's the best hand position for DAY GAME in a place like a mall or a fest with NO PROP? I agree with ^^ as a general guideline.

Loved the walk video Atom Smasher!!!

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
sage_juan said:
I agree with most of the ^^ stuff the chin and the smile with the eyes part, yup and although smiling is a sign of confidence it too has become a beta nice guy trait, just be on the verge of smile and communicate with eyes, totally agree on that SeymourCake.

ONE QUESTION THOUGH?

What's the best hand position for DAY GAME in a place like a mall or a fest with NO PROP? I agree with ^^ as a general guideline.

Loved the walk video Atom Smasher!!!
Put your hands where ever you feel comfortable.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do some sets of deadlifts/rack pulls with proper form and then do some chest exercises. Then you'll see for yourself what good posture looks like.