Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This has to be a trap.

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well over a year ago, I met a HB8. She and I hit it off, until her bff (who has since moved far, far away) made up some false, unflattering bs to tell her about me. At that point, HB8 cut me off entirely. Blocked me on everything and wouldn't even say "hi" if we were in the same room. We both were at a party once, and she supposedly b*tched at my friend about why I had to be there. You get the point.

After the initial shock of it all wore off, this was fine by me. I moved on and met other HBs. People we were both friendly with quickly realized she was being immature and felt more comfortable around me. Probably also helped that she moved to a different department at our company (yes, we work at the same large place), so I didn't have to see her anymore.

Fast-forward to this week. Due to several coworkers on vacation, HB is back in my department for the week. Lo and behold, HB8 couldn't be any more charming towards me. Ever since I told a joke during our staff meeting early the first day, she's been around me a lot. For a girl who doesn't flirt and isn't all that "experienced," she smiles at me constantly, walks over to ask me really easy questions, and laughs hysterically at every one-liner I make. She also seems to care what I think of her work even though we're of similar rank. In short, talking to and working with her has been easy. Maybe too easy.

My friend and I are 100% convinced she is trying to set a trap of some sort. How else would you explain someone who previously hated your guts now acting in an extremely nice manner, right? There's a chance she's recently matured and/or realized the error of her ways, but there's no way of finding that out.

To make it clear, I have no interest in HB8. Sure, when she's in a good mood we hit it off, but she has the personality of a dementor when any conflict arises. Pair that with the immaturity a year ago, and I'm not for that. But I wonder if this HB has an ulterior move OR if a long period of no-contact has cooled off her hate.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
One time, a director that barely ever talked me was suddenly very warm, friendly, and chatty with me. I was taken in the office and given a layoff notice minutes later lol.

Obviously this is a very different situation, but you have every reason to be suspicious. Be polite to her, but I don't think I would accept any invites from her to do things outside of work.

She may also start to pry for gossip material. Don't tell her anything personal or regarding your dating life. Women do the "good cop" sort of thing to get you to let your guard down and give them juicy gossip material.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The LadyKiller said:
There's a chance she's recently matured and/or realized the error of her ways, but there's no way of finding that out.
There is... she will apologise.

Until she does that, assume that there is nothing genuine about her.
As Mike says, do not let her inside your guard, give her nothing. Make sure she is blocked on whatever social media you use and do not let her get in your head.

She doesn't get to just 'cool off' and expect everything is fine.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just call her out on it ,

you can't fall into a trap if you open it first

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
One time, a director that barely ever talked me was suddenly very warm, friendly, and chatty with me. I was taken in the office and given a layoff notice minutes later lol.
Perhaps she was happy because you were about to be let go!

In all seriousness, good to know I'm not alone in feeling out-of-sorts. Yes it's been a year, but someone who used to dislike you suddenly acting like a best friend makes me suspicious.

To open the book further, her literally crazy bff (same as before) was fired by our company in early 2013, then decided to "sue" every guy she ever came in contact with at work. That was a fun 10 minutes in HR (they apologized to me about even being called in - the director laughed at her claims because they were complete nonsense). It was shortly after this when HB started acting differently towards me.

That was to provide a little narrative. But I'll continue acting as I have been, and as you all suggested. I have no reason to trust and open up, at least not yet.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't trust her for a second, go with your gut. And sure as hell don't go anywhere with her outside of work without tons of witnesses. Fück that!

Last edited:

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She sounds shady.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Continue to ignore this girl.