Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What really happened to PUAhate?

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't been browsing pick up related forums for a few months, and just discovered PUAhate is gone. A little googling and I read news reports that Elliot Rodger was posting there (and BB misc) http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/30/elliot-rodger-puahate-forever-alone-reddit-forums and I guess the PUAhate shut down in the wake of that.

I wonder if the website owner voluntarily or totally on his own accord shut down his website or if wasn't more or less involuntary. Are the authorities putting pressure to yank websites? I mean, clearly the mainstream media only allows a feminist, multicultural and PC view. It's not too much of a stretch to believe the powers that be dislike non-PC and truely freespeech websites. It seems like in the land of the free the only place there's free speech anymore is hiding in your house talking to your most trusted friends or relatives.

Btw, there's over a dozen things to blame in society for what Rodger did before websites like PUAhate are to blame.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
PUAhate was a cesspool even without Rodger on it. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
This.

Stagger Lee said:
It's not too much of a stretch to believe the powers that be dislike non-PC and truely freespeech websites.
PUAhate was/is a place to vent for blueballed incels who hate men who are successful with and phuck a variety of women. I doubt very much it was a threat to the cathedral. It basically pushed cathedral fem-think anyway. ie: PUA's = Baaaad.

However if you're talking about guys like Roissy, Roosh, Irish Savant, Steve Sailer, maybe Vox day? et al Then yeah. They've had all kinds of threats throughout the years for their "crimethink" (noticing stuff). I'm not just talking about pissed off fat chicks and posturing manginas either.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I don't think the site was necessarily against pickup per se. It's just that the members believed that many COMMERCIAL gurus were scammers. Furthermore, the guys at the site believed it was mostly about looks, not game.

That's where I have to respectfully disagree with you (.)(.). Believing that it's all about looks is absolutely NOT a feminist/leftist view. Feminists want us to believe that women aren't shallow at all. They are very tolerant, deep creatures that can see a man's good qualities and look past his looks lol.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PUAhate may have been a cesspool and a troll haven, there's was a lot of it there, but it was a variety of things. By and large I think it was more "redpill' than anything-The exposing of PUA as mostly sham, that looks matter, that females are super-hypergamous slvts that are controlled by their attraction, and the anti-feminism. Whether it was a cesspool or not so is mainstream media. The point is the mainstream, feminist and powers that be didn't like the site and labeled it misogynist and a "hate group" and jumped on the opportunity to shut it down. I don't know how anyone can say those groups shutting it down is a good thing.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I don't think the site was necessarily against pickup per se. It's just that the members believed that many COMMERCIAL gurus were scammers. Furthermore, the guys at the site believed it was mostly about looks, not game.
I think that was the two primary philosophies there. Also, it was one of the few free speech websites, so a cesspool and trolling is inevitable no matter the topic. Maybe the mods could've done a better job of controlling pure trolling as it was getting out of hand, but free non-PC speech itself is a good thing.

Even if the views looks matter and personality/game (which the mainstream also basically believes in too) matters little is something someone doesn't agree with, I don't see how anyone can say that isn't "redpill". It's just a difference in view of what cause attraction and motivation in females. If anything it paints women in an more unfavorable light .

Next to be shutdown will be the "game matters" manosphere sites.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They weren't against pickup. They were against handing over lots of money to gurus for bootcamps and products. Some guys on that site already spent hundreds or a few thousand on PUA stuff and didn't think it was worth it. Whether you agree with that or not, it's an opinion.

To say that that makes them feminists/leftists doesn't make sense. They weren't "white knighting" to side with women. They just were not happy with COMMERCIAL gurus. They weren't against guys getting laid per se.

No doubt that the site had out of control trolling. But that's a separate issue.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Do you know how exactly it was shut down?

Its not anymore redpill than stormfront is a libertarian site. You might see a lot of the same rhetoric but the conclusions are vastly different. Puahate is an AFC apologist den, Sosuave/PUA is the opposite.
I don't agree really. The only fundamental difference is one side believes in game/personality mostly explains female attraction and the other believes appearance/looks does. A person who believes looks are important may be more proned to giving up picking up women, but so might a person who believes in game/personality who doesn't experience success.

But my point is the mainstream sees all the manosphere as one in the same because of the similar rhetoric (and conclusions) about all things related to women. They're calling it misogyny and hate, an old tactic to stiffle speech or opposition. That's just like us males to be divided against each other even when were essentially on the same team.

MRAs should listen because, yes, it is them. It's PUAs too. But neither group is going to change any time soon, and they'll continue framing women as objects to either be had or destroyed. It's up to the rest of us to label their rhetoric what it is: woman-hating and, yes, violence-abetting.
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/relationship-advice/pua-mra-ucsb-shooting

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
PUAhate was as much a part of the manosphere as jizabel.com or the Atlantic is. In the 5 minutes I spent checking it out I didn't see a single red pill topic discussed. It was just a bunch of self hating losers hating on game, self help sites and men in general (the manosphere)

I don't think there's any conspiracy in this particular case. It was shut down because a degenerate liberal experiment killed a bunch of people.....again, and PUAhate was a breeding ground for that type of person. Owner probably shut it down out of shame and a barrage of questions from law officials.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
They weren't against pickup. They were against handing over lots of money to gurus for bootcamps and products. Some guys on that site already spent hundreds or a few thousand on PUA stuff and didn't think it was worth it. Whether you agree with that or not, it's an opinion.

To say that that makes them feminists/leftists doesn't make sense. They weren't "white knighting" to side with women. They just were not happy with COMMERCIAL gurus. They weren't against guys getting laid per se.

No doubt that the site had out of control trolling. But that's a separate issue.
I agree, I looked at that site a few times, and like you say they weren't against pickup. In fact, I think they even had a section for tips on picking up women. But like you say, they were against the gurus who were making money. And even then there were guys saying that they liked certain gurus - for example, there were several fans of David DeAngelo.

There were definitely some "Only looks matter" guys there, but you have them here as well.

Also, I've heard guys like Tyler from RSD say that the most pathetic thing you can do is to think of yourself as a pickup artist. So really, that site, along with all the others are really just shades of the same thing - which is basically, how to be a man and how to attract women.

By the way, I got this from Google, it's PUAHate's mission statement from their splash page. It pretty much supports what you are saying:

Revealing the scams, deception and misleading marketing techniques used by dating gurus and the seduction community to mislead men and profit from them.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
( . )( . ) said:
PUAhate was as much a part of the manosphere as jizabel.com or the Atlantic is. In the 5 minutes I spent checking it out I didn't see a single red pill topic discussed. It was just a bunch of self hating losers hating on game, self help sites and men in general (the manosphere)

I don't think there's any conspiracy in this particular case. It was shut down because a degenerate liberal experiment killed a bunch of people.....again, and PUAhate was a breeding ground for that type of person. Owner probably shut it down out of shame and a barrage of questions from law officials.

holy **** jizabel.com is a real site... what the hell :eek:

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
JohnChops said:
holy **** jizabel.com is a real site... what the hell :eek:
Hah. So it is. I was just using a play on words for jezebel.com. Had no idea about that site.

Jizabel Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. With a LOT of Airbrushing Because Lets Face It, We Ugly
Read their "About"

:crackup:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it was shutdown because the owner or whoever runs the server likely thought to get out of dodge and let the police handle the investigation without the bad publicity of the site remaining up. I dont think that the owner was obligated to do so...I think he chose to.

Remember that anti-semite in Kansas who earlier this year killed three Christians while being on the hunt for jews? The forums he posted on didnt go down....and white nationalist forums are a heck of a lot more hateful and militant than PUAhate.

Also, Rodger's posts on bodybuilding.com's forums were merely removed from public view after being given to the authorities. So with all that said...free speech isnt really in trouble here with respect to these cases. I think the site owner or whoever runs the servers over at PUAhate was trying to avoid drama and bad publicity.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
I think it was shutdown because the owner or whoever runs the server likely thought to get out of dodge and let the police handle the investigation without the bad publicity of the site remaining up. I dont think that the owner was obligated to do so...I think he chose to.
I guess if anyone knows what happened to PUAhate it would be our resident manosphere/game hater jaylan, he's basically one of them.

Jaylan said:
Roosh is a fvking joke
Jaylan said:
Tyler is a scammer
Jaylan said:
Dont get me started on that clown Roissy.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I agree, I looked at that site a few times, and like you say they weren't against pickup. In fact, I think they even had a section for tips on picking up women. But like you say, they were against the gurus who were making money. And even then there were guys saying that they liked certain gurus - for example, there were several fans of David DeAngelo.

There were definitely some "Only looks matter" guys there, but you have them here as well.

Also, I've heard guys like Tyler from RSD say that the most pathetic thing you can do is to think of yourself as a pickup artist. So really, that site, along with all the others are really just shades of the same thing - which is basically, how to be a man and how to attract women.

By the way, I got this from Google, it's PUAHate's mission statement from their splash page. It pretty much supports what you are saying:

Revealing the scams, deception and misleading marketing techniques used by dating gurus and the seduction community to mislead men and profit from them.
Thanks. Exactly my point.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
While I don't know for sure, what you said above is my best guess also.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
I guess if anyone knows what happened to PUAhate it would be our resident manosphere/game hater jaylan, he's basically one of them.
Lol, because no other men on this site or any other PUA site disagree with those dudes? There are plenty of guys here who dont constantly shake their heads in agreement to what Roosh or Roissy preach either. I think Tyler is a scammer who makes money off failing men...but Ill give him a pass because his stuff is largely positive material and I can believe the idea that he actually wants to help some people.

Give me writings of Pook, Tyler, or even David Deangelo over much of the crap Roosh and Roissy go on about a lot of the time. I want to read about self improvement and enjoying my time with women...not endless b!tching about society and the constant put downs of other men.

Wanna know the difference between guys like Pook, Tyler, David D vs Roosh, Roissy?

Admirers of Pook, Tyler and David D's work wouldnt be up in threads consistently bashing other men, whining about females and society, while also showing lots of anger issues. Go into the comment sections of a Roosh or Roissy blog and you will find a lot of angry men....some men who constantly put down other men, other men who will outright admit hatred of women, and others who advocate violence against women.

I dont see that stuff in Poo, Tyler, or David D discussions over the years, but Ive seen Roissy and Roosh blogs attracting men like that. Which is why it was no surprise that both of their blogs had so many Elliot Rodger apologists coming out the woodwork.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FWIW, Pua Hate was pretty tame except for its "Shi##y Advice" sub forum. The sub forums on that site that dealt with the actual subject of exposing pua scammers received scant attention compared to its "Shi##y Advice" sub forum. It would be like comparing "Don Juan Discussion" to "Married Man" on this site in regards to discussion participation numbers. S. Advice was the the most popular sub forum of PUA Hate......

S.Advice grew into this monster where someone would post a subject, and within an hour their original post would already be on the 2nd page and there would be multiple threads dealing with the same subject in front of it.....

From what I could tell, S. Advice grew out of the looks theory premise relating to the site's basic argument that only looks matter to females, therefore the pua gurus were selling false hope to unattractive guys......

Plastic surgery was a big part of S.Advice and you would get thread titles like "I'm going to sell body organs to pay for plastic surgery"...The regular posters actually had quite a developed vocabulary of medical language relating to plastic surgery...There was also alot of racial rants relating to looks theory as well....lots of trolling and baiting going on........

In regards to what happened to the site......I'm in agreement with other posters who think that the owner shut it down in order to avoid possible litigation