Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Finally finished my year long project! Check it out!

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its been a year and a half since I started my first major development project. I originally started it to learn a new programming language, and now I'm finally done and its ready for launch. I know a lot of you don't really like/use social networks, but I'd love it if you guys here at SoSuave would check it out! You can sign up at Nxt It. While you're at it, follow me - @Eph (just search for "eph" - there's a small issue when typing hashtags and the @ symbol into the search bar I need to fix).

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly is it that people are signing up for? The page is not clear.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
What exactly is it that people are signing up for? The page is not clear.
Its a social network - something akin to FaceBook or Twitter. I realize the page isn't clear about what exactly it is, and that's one of the things I'll work on.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What makes it different from facebook and twitter?

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just a project...not a functioning website.

The design is very...harsh. It's also kinda hard to understand what's going on, hard to find people etc.

The code itself seems clean (html-wise), much cleaner than what I get on my websites! ;) And I've been a programmer for years.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CerwinVegaFan said:
It's just a project...not a functioning website.

The design is very...harsh. It's also kinda hard to understand what's going on, hard to find people etc.

The code itself seems clean (html-wise), much cleaner than what I get on my websites! ;) And I've been a programmer for years.
Well, it'll always be a project to me. I can't stop thinking of how I can improve it thanks to my perfectionist personality. With that said, care to explain your comments? I'd love to know what needs to be improved. As for the clean code comment, you should see the source. Its not as pretty as I'd like it to be, even considering the fact I've been programming for 5 years now.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
What makes it different from facebook and twitter?
Those were probably two of my biggest influences. Kinda hard to explain what I feel are improvements over Facebook and twitters models, but some of the simpler features are a separation of "audiences". Its a bit similar to Google+, in that you can control which posts you see and who you want to be able to see your posts. You have followers, and then you have friends. Kind of a cross between Facebook and Twitter, really.

Another feature is rich text. Maybe not a problem for everyone, but I always see people capitalize words to emphasize, so I thought why not just let people use italics, for example. Then I looked at trending hashtags, and took it one step further with posts that are popular. Those are just a few of things that make it different, although arguably, not necessarily better.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to come off as an a hole, but what you said sets your site no difference from facebook

you come up with some cool features and I will invest and promote with you bro.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations on your achievement. I know what you're saying... Starting from nothing you learned programming and developed a structure for your idea.

Of course now you need to define its intent, how it would benefit prospective members, and pretty up the graphics.

But good job on learning the language and executing something tangible.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
Congratulations on your achievement. I know what you're saying... Starting from nothing you learned programming and developed a structure for your idea.

Of course now you need to define its intent, how it would benefit prospective members, and pretty up the graphics.

But good job on learning the language and executing something tangible.
Well, I wouldn't say nothing. It was (at the time) my second programming language and fourth computer language overall. I know three programming languages now - in addition to the other two. But thanks.

And Fatal Jay, no worries man. You don't come off as an a$$. I know I still need to work on setting it apart from Facebook and Twitter by coming up with unique features.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spent the last month or so updating the site. There are a ton of improvements, including a fix for the issue when typing # or @ into the search bar. Check it out guys!

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
I didn't sign up, still may, but without seeing it I still do have an appreciation for what you have done. About 5-10% of my job is programming. Programming isn't easy, and it isn't something just anyone can do. I know many outstanding tech people who can't program "hello world". People in general have no idea or understanding of the knowledge and work that goes into our technology today. It's the programmers and electrical engineers who are really the ones to thank.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I can't edit the OP, the new site is here. The link in the OP will still work, but you'll be redirected to the old site.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
I didn't sign up, still may, but without seeing it I still do have an appreciation for what you have done. About 5-10% of my job is programming. Programming isn't easy, and it isn't something just anyone can do. I know many outstanding tech people who can't program "hello world". People in general have no idea or understanding of the knowledge and work that goes into our technology today. It's the programmers and electrical engineers who are really the ones to thank.
Thanks for your appreciation. The site probably took anywhere from 1000 to 2500 lines of code to complete, if not more. And there were a few things I couldn't do on my own, so, yeah, it's not easy. But, if it were easy it wouldn't be worth it, would it? :)

Fatal Jay said:
Site looks better
Thanks, wasn't really sure about the design seeing as I'm not naturally gifted in that area. So, it's nice to get some positive feedback on that.