Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What type of sunglasses do you wear?

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's getting pretty sunny now so I'm thinking about investing in a pair of nice shades. Living in a town where it's virtually impossible to find a store that carries name brand sunglasses makes me search online.

Gucci? Armani? what type is going to be effective for about 100-250 dollars?

If you guys could point me in the right direction or give me some ideas that'd be great.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rayban Aviator. Aka MJ sunglasses. :up:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like 5-6 pairs of shades and the most i spent was $20, lol. Maybe u shud buy some cheaper ones first and find out what kind suits you best before you invest 100+ on designer shades

Also do a search for sunglass types..There is a little bit of knowledge in finding the best shades for you. Like if you got an circular shape u shud stay away from aviators, and other tips like certain tints are for better night vision, certain designs are for travelling at high speeds, etc

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be sponsored by Oakley, so I have two pretty nice ones, the Switch,in black with the cool Magnesium frame, and the Splice, blue and silver. I never would have bought them myself beforehand, mainly because they're $250 and $125 respectively retail, but after being given these, I don't know how I managed with $15 corner store specials before.

Spook

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone looks good in Rayban Aviators. That's a safe bet for sunglasses. If you have a smaller face, stay away from Wayfarers. But, check them out. They could look good on you.

Stay away from sports glasses (i.e. - most Oakley styles) because they have a tendency to make your face look like a fly. They really just don't fit most people's faces. But, if they look good on you, then wear them.

If you dress preppier, you might want to go for a preppier, nicer version of Ray-Bans. Really, as a general rule, Ray-Bans are what you should look at if you want a safe style of sunglasses.

That's really about it when it comes to sunglasses. Except, make sure that they provide UV protection (you'd be surprised how many don't). Also, don't use colored tints, but don't go too dark black with the tint either. The frame should be black, unless you're very pale-faced. Then the black might be too harsh looking, and you'll need to go with a slightly lighter frame.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm

honestly, go try them on. Diff. sunglasses look diff. on diff. people.

As far as designer stuff, find what you like first, then shop around online for that model. You can sometimes get very nice designer stuff for less than a $100.

Im kinda accessory happy now, lots of shoes and sunglasses. I probably own about 8-10 pairs of sunglasses right now - Versace, D&G, Armani, Burberry, Gucci, Diesel, Carrera, etc. Never paid more than $80 for a pair probably, most were a lot less. You just gotta know how to shop.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
insanity said:
raybans all the way. you ain't a musician without them in your arsenal.

I wouldnt be a musician with them either.

Seriously, who needs 200$ sunglasses?

And lol at the guy talking about sunglasses for night vision.

Spook

Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix_of_the_ashes said:
Seriously, who needs 200$ sunglasses?
You spend more on sunglasses because they protect your eyes better and because they look better and because they last longer. Why would you go cheap with sunglasses that look terrible, and don't do what they're supposed to do?

Spook

Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
Like if you got an circular shape u shud stay away from aviators, and other tips like certain tints are for better night vision, certain designs are for travelling at high speeds, etc
LOL - I think the best solution to the night vision problem is to not wear sunglasses at night....:confused:

AB500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm. My cheap ass 20 dollar pair of aviators will do me fine.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spook said:
You spend more on sunglasses because they protect your eyes better and because they look better and because they last longer. Why would you go cheap with sunglasses that look terrible, and don't do what they're supposed to do?
What do you mean "dont do what they are supposed to do"? A pair of 20$ sunglasses will do the job just fine.

Sunglasses are weakness, people wear them to avoid eyecontact with society.

If you need another phallus enhancement spraypaint your alarmclock golden and hang it by your neck.

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
nah, I don't think they show weakness. It's just another way to look cool for the ladies, nothing more.

Spook

Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix_of_the_ashes said:
What do you mean "dont do what they are supposed to do"? A pair of 20$ sunglasses will do the job just fine.
Actually, they won't. They generally don't include UV protection, which is the entire point of of sunglasses.

Sunglasses are weakness, people wear them to avoid eyecontact with society.

If you need another phallus enhancement spraypaint your alarmclock golden and hang it by your neck.
LOL - wtf are you talking about? The point of sunglasses is to protect your eyes from UV rays from the sun. Your response here has got to be the weirdest response I've seen on this board ever.

You don't wear sunglasses to enhance your phallus. That's what big trucks are for....

XSilverStarboyX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont really know the brand but they have green lenses. More cool than it sounds

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6. What are the different kinds of lenses that are available?

With so many lenses available, it is difficult to find ones that will protect your eyes if you don’t know what each one will do.

Blue-blockers block blue light and usually have amber lenses. Researchers are still unsure whether or not blue light is harmful, but these are popular among skiers, hunters, boaters and pilots.

Both polarized lenses and anti-reflective coating cut reflected glare. Polarized lenses in particular are popular with those who play water and snow sports. Read more about polarized lenses and anti-reflective coating.

Mirror-coated lenses limit the amount of light entering your eyes, so you're more comfortable.

Gradient lenses are tinted from the top down, so that the top of the lens is darkest; they're good for driving. Double gradient refers to lenses that are also tinted from the bottom up: the top and bottom are darkest and the middle is clear (or close to it); double gradients are not very useful for driving, because they make it difficult to see the dashboard.

Photochromic lenses adjust their level of darkness based on the amount of UV light they're exposed to. Read more about photochromic lenses.

Originally Posted by Spook: Why would you go cheap with sunglasses that look terrible, and don't do what they're supposed to do?

11. Are the more expensive sunglasses of better quality?

Not necessarily. While expensive sunglasses are usually high quality, you can also get a good pair for under $20 if you're a careful shopper. Just make sure to check that they provide adequate protection from UV light and are free of distortions.

You can also take them to your eyecare professional to have the lenses metered for the amount of UV transmission that passes through the lens. That way you can be sure that you are getting the most from your sunglasses.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After 4 years of being a pool man years ago in Huntington Beach, I only wear Oakley's.

The cheap ones are actually worse than wearing no shades at all. They dialate your eyes and make it easier to damage them from being in the sun too much.

I used to love my wayfarer's, but after a couple months of daily use they would loosen up and slide off my face.