Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Balancing physical and financial development

FieldDay

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to know how some people balance these two. In my view, a great man is well developed physically, mentally, spiritually, and financially.

It seems that nowadays men are eager to work that desk job so that they can get ahead financially. But this can lead to being developed in only 1-dimension. This is something I currently struggle with when setting my career goals.

Even 1 hour of intense exercise after 8 hours at a computer will not cut it. Studies show that it is your average activity level throughout the day that counts.

So, how do you guys find a balance?

I am 30 years old. Perhaps when I am 50 I will not mind sitting around all day.

Last edited:

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can be well developed physically and mentally, but "financially well developed" is just a falsehood because it's not part of you. That's why having lots of money is secondary to physical and mental well-being. Anyway the answer to your question is don't sacrifice yourself for money.

FieldDay

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I meant was...

You need to be able to make a comfortable living somehow (Unless you are comfortable with being poor, which is fine)

Most good paying jobs are sedentary. Which goes directly against your physical well being.

there really is no easy answer

Pretty_Tone

Don Juan
Reaction score
FieldDay said:
I'd like to know how some people balance these two. In my view, a great man is well developed physically, mentally, spiritually, and financially.

It seems that nowadays men are eager to work that desk job so that they can get ahead financially. But this can lead to being developed in only 1-dimension. This is something I currently struggle with when setting my career goals.

Even 1 hour of intense exercise after 8 hours at a computer will not cut it. Studies show that it is your average activity level throughout the day that counts.

So, how do you guys find a balance?

I am 30 years old. Perhaps when I am 50 I will not mind sitting around all day.

we are creators of the universe. everything else is specs in the cosmos. you are the ONE who determines what you will conquer on a daily basis. YOU must INVENT ways to PUSH yourself. without sacrifice there is nothing.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being an Applications Developer, I'm on the computer all the time, and I can tell you getting any kind of exercise in does cut it. The majority of the time, the only time I'll get up and away from my computer is when I get hungry or have to use the bathroom. Whatever "study" you looked at is bullsh!t that didn't do their research. 30 mins is all you need, provided that in that 30 mins, you're giving it 100%. You don't need to be active every minute of every day to be fit.

FieldDay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really finding anyone on here who shares my viewpoint

I think there might be a sliding definition of "fit" depending on who you ask

I'm basically talking elite athlete status, which is about the healthiest you can be physically. Maintaining my fitness, which currently is pretty damn close to elite, is something that is on my mind as I get more into my career. Obviously it is impossible to maintain this if I am stuck in a cube 8 hours a day. Somethings gotta give.

I'll figure it out, just wondering if anyone else feels my pain .

Thanks for you responses

FieldDay

Don Juan
Reaction score
one last thing,

I feel you can visually tell the difference in a mature man in his 40s, 50s, and onward, who has gone through intense physical tribulations in his life. It adds to his character and garners respect throughout his lifespan. And I'm not talking about showing up at the gym for a few hours a week. I'm talking about fighting in wars or working in a mining camp for 8 years. lol

Anyway, call me crazy

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FieldDay said:
one last thing,

I feel you can visually tell the difference in a mature man in his 40s, 50s, and onward, who has gone through intense physical tribulations in his life. It adds to his character and garners respect throughout his lifespan. And I'm not talking about showing up at the gym for a few hours a week. I'm talking about fighting in wars or working in a mining camp for 8 years. lol

Anyway, call me crazy
No way, you're right on the money. Things like that give you a tremendous amount of accomplishment. I feel like they live life in a better way, like it's all gravy because they went through h*ll. That's what the entitled lib-tard brats don't realize. There is no utopia.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I used to thrive on the balance of physical and financial success when I was a police officer, in specific a patrol officer. I had to stay in shape for work, and I loved the job and worked all of the OT I could get my paws on. When I became a Cybercrime Detective my gym time started to slip, and now that I am working a regular IT security position it has slipped even more. I still run but don't lift anymore, and I need to. I am so damn mentally exhausted after work everyday that I run and then just want to go home and veg.

But yeah find a job that requires you to keep in shape and you can't go wrong.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FieldDay said:
Not really finding anyone on here who shares my viewpoint

I think there might be a sliding definition of "fit" depending on who you ask

I'm basically talking elite athlete status, which is about the healthiest you can be physically. Maintaining my fitness, which currently is pretty damn close to elite, is something that is on my mind as I get more into my career. Obviously it is impossible to maintain this if I am stuck in a cube 8 hours a day. Somethings gotta give.

I'll figure it out, just wondering if anyone else feels my pain .

Thanks for you responses
Actually I do share your viewpoint on this. Being stuck in that cube every day can really wear on you. I do need to get away from the desk sometimes and I have over the years come up with all sorts of little ways to make it look like I'm busy (being away from the desk) when I'm just taking a break. It's not being lazy, I'm trying to take care of my health too and no company is worth dying for. Hell the U.S. is the only nation in the world to my knowledge where 2 weeks off per year is still considered the norm for new employees. Sure, our GDP output is through the roof but after having been in the workforce now for a little over 20 years and going through that grind, I can tell you this bull$hit of being chained to your desk is a bunch of crap.

I want to workout sometimes. Some days there are times I'd love to just walk right out the door get on my motorcycle and tear ass through traffic at about 120mph. Some days I'd just rather go for a nice walk through a park. My point is you've got to find something for yourself to help break the monotony of being chained to that cube otherwise you may not make it to see retirement when you hit, what, 65 is it now?