Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help with the Loss of a Loved One

DJinBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello SoSuave. Despite the fact I have been a member of this board for 2 years I am an infrequent user, but it is the only online community forum I am a part of. This is not a game post, but I need help.

On October 14th (just 5 days ago), my father passed away of a heart attack on his 56th birthday. I have studied in depth the 5 stages of grieving from the 1969 book "On Death and Dying" and believe it to be a very real hypothesis. The night I learned of his death I fell to my knees in disbelief, frantic and wanting to wake up from some terrible nightmare.

Since day 2 I have been lapsing between Anger, Bargaining and Depression, with extreme depression kicking in just today. We just finished the wake and funeral services yesterday and I had an excellent support system. Large family dinners, a late night out with friends, a supportive woman, and much reassurance from all outsiders that my father was proud of me. Even tried to get back to the rec league sport I play, but left the arena in 20 minutes.

Unfortunately, my father was a troubled man in the last quarter of his life. The passing of his mother as a teenager and his divorce from my mother left him a heavy smoker and drinker, which made him an easy target for heart disease since it ran in his family. At the age of 56, I feel he was robbed of 20 years (I'm only 25). There was so much unfinished business and I was finally helping him to get his life back together (had recently moved back to his neighborhood 1 year ago).

I lost my grandmother in 2012 and that was hard, but this is a whole other level. She was 77, raised 6 grandchildren, and got to enjoy retirement. There was no tragedy. My dad's story has left me broken up inside and feeling apathy toward money, dating, careers, and women. My father worked for the same company for 40 years only to see it downsizing, never saw his pension for a day, and had the two women he ever loved leave him one way or another.

Now that the services are over and the entire family has gone home, I am here facing the music alone now. And this is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. My already tentative and uncertain faith has been shaken to its core.

Anyone?

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, it's been a year since the loss of a loved one. You gotta hang in there and let it overcome you. Whenever you have a bad thought try to just put it on the shelf and seek a happier medium. It's hard, I know.

DJinBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.

I also shared a house with him (lived in apartment upstairs-and the house has been in the family 100 years.) His presence these 5 days have been so strong I had to take a leave of absence from work and immediately visit family in another state as soon as the services were over. I feel that I can no longer live in this house with his ghost at every corner. And while several people have opened their couches to me I don't see any viable options.

I am also on the verge and doing something abrupt and quitting my job. It is your typical $50,000 "real job" that involves dealing with idiot clients and overbearing micromanagers. I could barely deal with it as a proud son and happy person, but knowing myself in a state of grief and despair that I would be in serious jeopardy of being fired for a lack of concentration or unprofessional conduct the first time the politics start anyway. I have enough funds to last about 6 months with some tight living and there is an estate that may leave me well enough for a little while.

I am in serious trouble mentally and the most important part for now is trying to reconcile my faith so that I may come to peace with it one way or another. I have always been on the fence as an agnostic.

Anyone...your story is welcome.

tripod23

Don Juan
Reaction score
djinblue.......first of all my friend im so sorry for your loss , I do not know you at all but I need to say a few words to you and it may help just a little in gathering your thoughts.....the loss of a loved one has got to be the worsed thing for anyone to go through , but one thing is for sure your father would want you to keep moving forward and to continue being the man he has brought you up to be......not easy I know .....but its essential you do it out of respect for your father and the 40 years he grafted for his loved ones.......

now one person who recently lost a loved one was Sylvester stallone......he lost his son at a very young age , now the man is known for making films like rocky and Rambo , and I think he would have been totally crushed , but it hasn't stopped him moving forward , and I think to keep busy will help you in the long run.........

everyone has their own way of dealing with things , but you need to stay focused on the rest of your life because your father would want to see you make your life as great as possible , so please do not take drastic steps which could damage your future because this is what will happen if you throw your job in......

please keep positive if you can , maybe talking to a positive family member might help you......or see your doctor so they can point you in the right direction ..........

look after yourself , take care matey , and cherish your fathers memory by staying strong and moving forward knowing how proud your father was of his son.......

stay strong....good luck

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Loss depression and pain can be very helpful if it allows you to become closer to the truth. Every single form arises and dissipates, is born and dies. To celebrate the one and cry about the other is ignorance. You will miss them yes and that empty space in your mind will hurt for awhile, but it too will pass.

The truth is there are no forms and separate beings, we just mistakenly identify as independent human entities when in fact we are all the one energy - god, buddha, tao, love, whatever you like to call it. We spend our lives ignoring it and building up a false ego then cry when we are reminded of the truth.

Sit and let the pain and depression in, dont run from it. Be aware of it but do not feed onto the thoughts and emotions either just let them arise and dissolve.

Quitting your shîtty job seems like a pretty good idea though, I'm planning to do the same thing myself ASAP. ;)