Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you consider marrying a single mom on foods stamps?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this article by a struggling single mom who was explaining why she doesn't feel guilty about receiving food stamps. What struck me was this line:

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/26/8845881/food-stamps

I have older relatives who need help sometimes and two children who are often doing different things at different times of the day. I have a fiancé who does not live with me and works an opposite schedule.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What kind of a loser would marry a single mom with 2 kids that is so poor that she gets welfare like this? I guess if I were on food stamps myself and never planned to get off of them, what the h3ll - but if not, this woman and her spawn are a beta-esque, guaranteed financial drain.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The percentage of Americans getting food stamps is at an all time high. It's 19% at last count, and will probably hit the 20% mark soon.

There's two sides to any welfare dollar - who receives it and where they spend it. I would max out food stamps if I applied, but I won't. On the other hand, as a farmer's market vendor, I get a lot of business from people spending coupons the state gives out to poor people to spend at the market. I'm not on welfare, but I'm making money off welfare.

Along those lines, I think it is the giant ag and food companies who are behind our giant food welfare state, because they are the ones who end up with the money.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear MDJ,
Marriage?...Oh never!...but as plates,they really appreciate you,a take out Lunch,bottle of cheap Wine,and soon you are watching the sun shine through a kink in her bedroom Curtains,till its time to pick the kids up from School...They are usually great little performers,and are grateful too LOL.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Bible Belt,

Why is your income so low at 40?
I owe the Department of Defense money, because I took an Army ROTC scholarship, but did not go into the Army. This was in the late 90's. My student loans are also in default, also accrued during the same period.

And I'll be damned if those fvckers are ever getting a cent out of me. So my income on paper is zero. I haven't filed taxes in 15 years. I'm sure I could zero out all my income with expenses and deductions if I had to, so the IRS isn't getting cheated.

Despite have zero official income, I actually live quite well. I have a truck, a motorcycle, and a fairly decent 3 bedroom/2 bath place to myself. I'm always working at something, even though I don't have a job, but I work for either barter or cash. I also live very simply.

And by the way, I work my ass off doing sweaty, dirty, miserable sh!t no one else wants to do. I spent all day in the hot sun today picking tomatoes. I'll stay up most of the night washing, sorting, and packing them, and then leave at 7 am to go sell them. It's not going to stay this way forever, though. I'm building a business, and I am get better at it every year. Next year, I hope to be able to hire help for the first time and expand my client base by selling to restaurants.

I've had a few good runs with stocks where I had money out the wazoo for a while, and it really didn't interest me that much. Once my needs are met, the money just piles up and becomes meaningless numbers on paper. I need something more challenging. That's why I took up farming. Stock market money comes too easily, and I get bored.

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
The percentage of Americans getting food stamps is at an all time high. It's 19% at last count, and will probably hit the 20% mark soon.

There's two sides to any welfare dollar - who receives it and where they spend it. I would max out food stamps if I applied, but I won't. On the other hand, as a farmer's market vendor, I get a lot of business from people spending coupons the state gives out to poor people to spend at the market. I'm not on welfare, but I'm making money off welfare.

Along those lines, I think it is the giant ag and food companies who are behind our giant food welfare state, because they are the ones who end up with the money.
I've used food stamps. I worked contracts for 14 years and sometimes while between contracts your money starts to run thin. Foodstamps are great and give more than enough for ample food.

I did not look down upon myself for using benefits the system have for someone trying to remain employed and better themselves.

Reaction score
depends upon where you are, etc. The food stamps were a LONG ways from "ample" when I was making mini wage in OK a few years back. ONE kid, if she was very young at the time, I could see that, from an error of thinking. TWO such kids, she's stupid, avoid her.