Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Which ones are the main rules to get respect?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not talking strictly about respect from women which we all agree that depends more on your status than your behaviour, Im talking about how to get respect in any environment, from work to peer group to the post office while you're in the queue or any other situation you can imagine.

I believe men decide to respect someone for two main reason, either they are afraid of him so they have to do it even if they dont want or they simply realize you have value as a man because of how you behave.

This is not the case of women since we all know how a wife beater gets more respect than the dumbass which pays her debts and find her a job.

Which ones do you think are the most important things?

I strongly believe one of the first rule is to treat others with respect first while at the same not take sh1t, sooner or later others will try to test you to gauge your character.

An other necessary thing is avoid trying to take others down, some people may be hurt even from innocent lines let alone provocations and take it as a personal goal to return the favour.

An other thing could be help people to fix their skirmishes as long as you do with good will and not to show off or get an advantage, doesnt matter if you dont succeed.

Last thing that comes in my mind is to challenge a bully which annoys most of the people, others will respect you for your courage and for fighting a common battle altought this one must be done with intelligence and balance.

What else?

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Your appearance and style; haircut, clothes, body language 2. How you talk, how much you talk and about what 3. Holding your frame in all situations.

Reservoir Dog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-respect comes first. After that everything else should follow. Sounds easy, doesn't it? But first you have to understand the self. That's the hard part.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suspens said:
1. Your appearance and style; haircut, clothes, body language 2. How you talk, how much you talk and about what 3. Holding your frame in all situations.
Makes sense, I recall it was called the "halo effect" from some blogger.

Reservoir Dog said:
Self-respect comes first. After that everything else should follow. Sounds easy, doesn't it? But first you have to understand the self. That's the hard part.
Agree here too, you cant expect to be treated as a king if you dont consider yourself and behave as one.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
- Be attractive

- Be like Bill Murray, the man don't give a fvck about anything and just have fun lol. that's just an example.

- Believe in your bullsh!t! never back up but when you are wrong and know it just say my bad!

- have sh!t going on in your life. if you are doing stuff and go out a lot your life and social life will go up gradually and you will be known and respect follow.

what do you want to know other than that?

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
People respect those who:

1. Respect themselves

2. Don't take sh!t

3. Are not weak or needy

The more you NEED others.. the less respect they will give you. The less you need others.. the more respect they will give you. In both the human world and in nature.. everyone hates the weak.

Big

Banned
Reaction score
Poon King said:
People respect those who:

1. Respect themselves

2. Don't take sh!t

3. Are not weak or needy

The more you NEED others.. the less respect they will give you. The less you need others.. the more respect they will give you. In both the human world and in nature.. everyone hates the weak.

Says "Poon King" who needs others to agree with him or else he throws a temper tantrum and negs from multiple accounts and rants constantly against the "weakening" power of hetero relationships. LMAO.

Follow your own advice fool.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those who command respect demand respect from others commensurate to the respect they demand from themselves.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alphas there still were, men of strength and charisma. But there also the shamen, men who knew the stars and the future and how to deal with sickness and misfortune. Many kings were fools and their power was based on their ability to frighten others, not on their strength. Many shamen knew little useful but that did not matter, because they convinced others that they did know, and that was all that mattered.

The king and the priest were born a hundred thousand years ago or more. The king based his power on the BELIEF that he was the most intimidating. The priest based his power on the BELIEF that he had knowledge and wisdom.

IN early beings with minds and reason, the truth helped, but the truth was not the faith.

In a reasoning animal, it is Faith that matters, not truth. The truth helps faith, the truth is useful, but only when the faith is put to a solid test, but that is seldom the case.

The king or the shamen who was able to obtain FAITH ruled. To his survival, to his rule, the truth was only one factor, and not the most important one. But neither king nor shamen can survive if the GROUP dies out. Simple truth was the key to survival of the GROUP. So GROUPS based on FAITH died out. It was a wise man who adhered to the faith of the group. It was a wise and practical INDIVIDUAL who RULED by imposing FAITH. But over the millennia, GROUPS based on faith and not on truth disappeared. Faith is the practical man’s means of survival. Faith in anything but simple truth is DEATH to the GROUP.

Serenity

Reaction score
Don't confuse respect with fear. Nobody respects a wifebeater except other wifebeaters. If a woman only respects a man for his status, looks and money she is shallow as fvck and undeserving of a mans respect. Most women do respect a man for his attitude and behavior, the kind that is nescessary to gain value. Being respected is not a result of looks, money and status. It's the other way around (only partially for looks though), money and status is a result of respect. That respect is gained through attitudes and behaviors.

Some people believe they can just demand respect and get it, but that's not how the world works. They learn this from guys who demand it and get it, what is forgotten is the basis for respect. Those who get it has deserved it, they have worked hard and provided something of value. Whenever I demand respect I always make sure I have deserved it, and I only demand it from ungrateful people.

Another important point to be respected is to respect others. I respect people who I know provides something of value and works for it, I explicitly appreciate what they do.

What you have means nothing if you're useless. You don't give women your stuff, don't pay her debt or give her whatever she demands. Instead you have the greatest value if you can help her pay her own debt by helping her into her own job. It's called supporting, it does not mean giving anything of material value. If you do know how to support yourself it should cost you very little to teach a woman how to do it. In the case she isn't interested in that and rather wants to float on your hard work then she can fvck off, lack of interest is not something to be respected as that makes her useless and without value. Respect is not gender based, don't give anyone respect if they have not deserved it.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I will add that, sometimes, men treat you with respect simply because they like you. You obviously can't control who will like you, but being friendly and polite (WITHOUT trying too hard*) can work.

I don't go to clubs anymore at my age, but when I did go, I got in free quite a few times because some of the staff (including door men) really liked me. I was never the hot guy or rich guy or popular guy that they actively sought to bring in, but my laid back personality, I guess, made people comfortable.

*In a way, I think my shyness and introversion actual worked in my favor because I always kept this sort of aloofness. So I never came across as a guy that wanted connections or favors. I just talked with the staff out of habit and because they were familiar faces. I never wanted anything from them and then respected that.