Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

According to the DoD, 1.4 Million infected with Ebola by January. 840,000 will die.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=123359

WASHINGTON, Oct. 8, 2014 – The potential spread of Ebola into Central and Southern America is a real possibility, the commander of U.S. Southern Command told an audience at the National Defense University here yesterday.

“By the end of the year, there’s supposed to be 1.4 million people infected with Ebola and 62 percent of them dying, according to the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention],” Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly said. “That’s horrific. And there is no way we can keep Ebola [contained] in West Africa.”

If it comes to the Western Hemisphere, many countries have little ability to deal with an outbreak of the disease, the general said.
From my casual observations but also as a student of history (bachelors in cold war history) I've never seen the military so angry at a sitting president in my lifetime. Honestly I haven't seen anything like this since the bay of pigs. Why aren't we doing more to prevent this?

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you why. Because there is no shortage of morons (and I mean that seriously) who are inept, incompetent and arrogant who have been placed into high positions of authority in our nation. These people, and I do not single out any one particular political party, tow the party line of political correctness in practically everything they do. It is through their inadequate leadership skills that their attempt to curtail this disease through, yet again, politically correct action, will fail in a fantastic manner to endanger an entire populace.

Any disease, much like electricity, can kill. It doesn't care if you're a man or woman, fat or skinny, white, black, orange or purple. It damn sure doesn't care about politically correct thinking either and this manner of thinking which has spread to so many throughout the world will be our downfall in one way or another.

The world can be a very dangerous place and if you don't respect that, or at the very least understand it, you're dead.

Always remember this the next time you step foot in a voting booth. Elections have consequences. The U.S. has no one to blame but itself (the people) who have elected plenty of idiots to get to where we are today.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that report is true, that is scary as hell. Surely they can develop a vaccine in that time?

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mangotot said:
If that report is true, that is scary as hell. Surely they can develop a vaccine in that time?
Ebola as a disease is nothing new, however it's considered one of the highest levels of biohazards (like level 4? something around there). Anyway, ebola has been stored in various labs around the world for study, including here at places the CDC controls and also in private labs.

During all that time, which is to say years, there's nothing happening in terms of a vaccine. Would a mass epidemic here in the U.S. light a fire under pharma companies to get moving to develop one? Probably, yes, but the same problem still remains of providing some kind of viable defense against this thing. It's like asking them to find a cure for cancer or AIDS within a year. Don't hold your breath.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Ebola is a viral hemmoragic fever.

There are very few viruses that can be controlled with vaccines.

Most treatments do little more than try to defeat the virus as it attacks whatever organ system is under attack from the virus, moving from one organ system to another in the Hope that the host outlasts the virus.

That's why the death rate is near 60%.

Don't hold your breath for a vaccine.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brighty said:
Why aren't we doing more to prevent this?
I see reasons between two opposite ends of a spectrum.

At one end, you've got people in government that are absolutely clueless, and really don't know what to do. Kind of like if the folks down at the post office were in charge of the planet.

In the middle (which is where I kind of think things are) bureaucratic types will do ANYTHING to increase their power and sphere of authority.

I actually believe that agencies like the CDC WANT this to spread further, so they can get more budget, more workers, more guns, etc.

Last week the CDC said you can't restrict air travel because it's a human right.

I could understand if lefty HUMAN RIGHTS organization said that, but why the puck is the CDC worried about human rights?

On the conspiracy end of the spectrum, it's all rigged by the global elites, so they can cover their move to a new world order, with one currency, one government, etc.

It's also a VERY HANDY excuse for the coming economic shytestorm that is inevitable. Instead of blaming bankers, governments, etc, everybody can blame ebola.

Bottom line, whatever the reason for the mishandling, humans are LONG OVERDO for a reversion to the mean, population wise.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
Ebola is a viral hemmoragic fever.

There are very few viruses that can be controlled with vaccines.

Most treatments do little more than try to defeat the virus as it attacks whatever organ system is under attack from the virus, moving from one organ system to another in the Hope that the host outlasts the virus.

That's why the death rate is near 60%.

Don't hold your breath for a vaccine.
Not trying to disagree with you here, but a cure for hepatitis c is available and it is a virus. However I will say this is more the exception than the rule as we've had better luck battling strains of hepatitis than we've had with anything else.

www.sovaldi.com

The roughly 3 month treatment costs around $85,000. Expensive? Yes. But let me ask you this: if you were dying of this disease and knew this cure was available, wouldn't you do anything and everything you could to try and pay for it somehow? In the grand scheme of things, if you're a middle aged dude, $85k in exchange for being able to live out your years normally and enjoy another 30-40 years? Sh!t that's a damn bargain.

But of course there are people and nations all the time berating the U.S. medical system for its exploitation of poor people. Yet when sh!t like ebola starts breaking out into first world countries, who do they all turn to for immediate help in figuring out a solution?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are there mother****ers in this thread actually *****ing becuase there is no cure for ebola? Did you pay attention in 7th grade science class lol?

There are very very very few vaccines for VIRUSES. Virues unlike bacteria, which is what a common cold is, have the ability to mutate which makes it almost impossible to create a vaccine for; the virus adapts. **** we barley have a vaccine for the flu lol.

The only way you an cure ebola is quarantine. But then you have motherfcukers breaking protocol, going around possibly infected people with no gear on, people not paying attention to hazards, etc.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
The only way you an cure ebola is quarantine. But then you have motherfcukers breaking protocol, going around possibly infected people with no gear on, people not paying attention to hazards, etc.
Yep. If I were President, or someone else in change of all this, I'd immediately ban any incoming flights from those african countries. Yes I realize they could fly to Europe then come over, but it makes it harder for them. If they want to come over directly, they can still come over by boat, then we run medical tests for anyone exhibiting flu or nausea or any other sickness stuff and they get quarantined, period.

Not a full quarantine mind you, but it does give you a little bit of breathing room to figure out the next step to take. Frankly that first guy they flew over here to New York to get treated should have been denied immediately.

Did anyone catch that BS about the guy who died, his girlfriend in Liberia was saying we weren't doing enough for him? F*ck you *****! We're not doing enough? As soon as she said those words, I would have shipped that guy back via Fedex to Liberia and tell them to do better. Motherf*cking entitled princess b!tches these days.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The scary thing is that we are not prepared mentally or any other way what so ever for ebola

Ebola is cute and funny yet tragic when its an African thing never to be seen by the us. But we vaule liberties to much to be treated like cattle which is pretty much the only wat u ket it die. A group if idiots Will walk around talking abiut hiw their rights are being violated whike spreading the disease also.it.would spread.much much.faster here it killed 800 people in a country where no.one has cars and no one flies. All ut takes is one ebola carrier to go.to an nfl game and the c.f. ountry is fu ked

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“By the end of the year, there’s supposed to be 1.4 million people infected with Ebola and 62 percent of them dying, according to the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention],” Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly said. “That’s horrific. And there is no way we can keep Ebola [contained] in West Africa.”
So there is the slip.

It's been deployed, now it's time to "stick to the plan".

If you read further into the article, it's the little details of "tone" that paint a bigger picture than the specific details the average american mouth-breather would be paying attention to.

"By the end of the year, there's SUPPOSED to be 1.4 million people infected with ebola and 62 percent of them dying, according to the CDC".

"Supposed"?

Here's a US military general talking in terms of what is supposed to happen. As in, "planned on", as in, "intended". He goes on further in the article to rap about indirect paths that terrorists will lead infected people through to the U.S. border crossings.

Does anyone else get crazy chills reading this? Here is a general, talking in terms of "what will happen" as if "what will happen" is a "maybe". Oops, general, your tone is telling.

He might have just as well said: "So, our virus has gotten established, and nobody is paying attention since we've beaten them over the head for a few months in the media with it, now it's just a matter of getting Hasim Skari Boogeymohammed into Nicaragua so we scare everyone into upping border funding/closure to the south. Get those caskets and FEMA camps ready!"

When a general speaks in terms of "will", instead of "might", how is one left with any shred of doubt that this is a planned event? It seems obvious through this general's foreshadowing that what he described, with Ebola going through Nicaragua and into the US through the south, that it's settled and will go as planned. Wait, watch, and see if this isn't exactly how it's told to us. "Fox Alert: Ebola comes with terrorist through Texas border from Nicaragua; 62% dead."

“That’s horrific. And there is no way we can keep Ebola [contained] in West Africa.”

DUHN, Duhn, Duhhhhh!

"No way"? Or, "we won't contain it"? Because, their most certainly ARE ways to contain it, but, I don't believe the planners want it contained: the world is crazy overpopulated. What's the number for population they put on those "Georgia Guidestones"? Five hundred thousand? We've got a few to lose, according to that number.

Yes, I know what 'supposed' means. It could mean "projected", however, the syntax/context here is either indicative of knowledge that is understood, or, indicative of intimate familiarity with the subject due to planning and exposure to the concepts for a long while. The difference being the comfort level and familiarity with the subject:

"Well, listen interviewer, since you haven't been sitting through planning meetings discussing this stuff for the last couple years like I have, let me break it down for you according to how I have understood how this is going to play out."

All the ammunition shortages/purchases, the "conspiracy theorists" ideas about the stockpiles of plastic coffins, giving police military surplus, the FEMA camps...

Even a mouth-breather could see all the signs and go "Hmm... all the signs point to pre-planning for a catastrophe". But, even after false-flag evidence shows up like operation Northwoods, the same mouth-breather will continue to insist "our government wouldn't intentionally do anything bad".

When you get to the supermarket this weekend, and there is no canning salt on the store shelves, will it even register in your mind as "unsettling"?

It seems inevitable to me that, just with overpopulation of any species, humans have gotten to a point where mother nature checks the population. Be it with a disease, starvation, or violence, an overpopulated species has always balanced to a sustainable level through some sort of adversity. Too many fish in a tank? They start eating each other. Too many coyotes in an area? They get parasites from each other and die until parasites aren't transmitted anymore. We're facing that: we'll get parasites until the infected population can't infect the rest due to physical proximity.

The scariest part is that the media/government is blatantly explaining what will happen and people will deny the reality until blood is squirting out of their eyes onto their monitor while they are making "your mom has Ebola" troll threads on the internet.

I can't wait until we're all running around with paper masks on like they do in China. As if a paper mask does anything beyond make you look stupid. "I have a mask on! I'm safe!"
:rolleyes:

I'll say one thing is for sure: the day I see the mail carrier in a biohazard suit is the day I stop going to the mailbox. The whole "dot on the mailbox" thing is misunderstood. Red dot means infected body to pick up. We have the technology to selectively infect via unsuspecting vehicles like junk mail. I mean, if we can have "direct advertising", surely we can send anthrax covered or ebola infected mail to a mailing list of turds that need flushing. Data mining? You thought that was for anti-terrorist reasons? No... it's an IQ test to weed out human duds in the gene pool.

I will say one thing is also sure: I enjoy letting my imagination run buck-wild, but, sometimes things I laugh off happen for realz. As always, I have a feeling that I should be paying attention to something getting snuck by me that ISN'T in the news.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually if it does get that bad, some type of a mask will be better than nothing. You have to try and prevent any sort of small droplets from getting around your mouth or nose, or touching the stuff then touching those areas. It probably would not outright prevent it from infecting you, but that combined with keeping your hands clean can help.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
are there mother****ers in this thread actually *****ing becuase there is no cure for ebola? Did you pay attention in 7th grade science class lol?

There are very very very few vaccines for VIRUSES. Virues unlike bacteria, which is what a common cold is, have the ability to mutate which makes it almost impossible to create a vaccine for; the virus adapts. **** we barley have a vaccine for the flu lol.

Muthafvkerz be failin' grade 7 science class, yo! Somebody call Obama or some sh!t.

As someone else pointed out, common cold is a virus. And bacteria can and does mutate (which is why many bacterial diseases have become resistant to antibiotics). And vaccines are, in fact, effective against many viruses. That's why we don't have polio, smallpox and bubonic plague (among others) anymore. Don't quit your day job to pursue this muthafvkin science sh!t.

Last edited: