Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Mental Illness" in today's world

gov87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, first off, I want to once again say thank you to all those that contribute to this community. I feel like I learn something everytime I come here and it's nice to feel understood. I hope my posts offer the same. I'm sure some of this resembles what has already been said on the forum, but I wanted to contribute a bit.

I've never really told my story and I'm not going to go into it all bc it'd be too long. However, as I continue to introspect, I discover where many things went wrong and shaped my brain into abnormal thought processes. I had a very good/very bad childhood. My father loved me, but would shame me and invalidate me all the time along with abuse. He's a messed up man, but he also had something that happened to him as a child that screwed him up. One of the big things for me moving on in a healthy direction has been forgiveness to him. The bad things that happened to him made him raise me the way he saw proper and he did the best he could with what he had. Through all the messed up s***, I know the love between a father and son is there.

Now, I've always had anxiety and was a nervous kid mostly from those circumstances. On top of that, feminism and all the crap society teaches today keeps us from tapping into our natural instincts as men. I had what I call a nervous breakdown about 1.5 years ago and have been putting the pieces back together since, and the only way has been learning the RIGHT way as to how us men are meant to this world. It's just so hard bc of all the invalidation society presents to us today. That's a huge reason this forum is so awesome. We can validate each other in a positive direction without shaming.

You know the saying "sometimes it takes the stronger person to ask for help"... well, I had to do that after years of bottling it up and sought therapy. I was in a relationship through all of this which kept me from seeing the truth and also pushed me towards it.

Almost everyone is mentally ill. Society brings it upon itself. The first therapist I saw told me I was bipolar even though I'd never had a manic episode. They prescribed me mood stabilizers and all kinds of crap that only made me feel worse and IMO were barriers to me finding the truth. I saw a therapist in the same office and they told me I just had an anxiety disorder. Lol and they prescribed me an antidepressant which by that time I said screw this and found another which I've been seeing for the last year and is like a father/good friend to me now.

I take zoloft at the lowest dose and feel it has been a huge help in slowing down my mind to sort this crap out. I felt bad at first for having to take something but accepting it was this or continue my self-sabotaging ways, i had to. This is my path to healing and once I get into a lifestyle good for me, I hope to come off. I was actually an athelete at a top D1 school in college on a good scholarship so I thought I could always just push through things. However, it eventually got to much and the foundation I had wasn't strong enough to hold.

I'm rebuilding now and it sickens me to see how men are treated today. This has made me question everything and sometimes I think I'm going insane bc I get so deep. I don't hate women and I'm trying not to be bitter towards them but I do hold a lot of resentment towards my ex still.

I just wanted to share a little about myself so maybe it'll help others on this forum if you have something similar going on or can relate. Listen guys, this world is so messed up and it'll only get more difficult. However, there is much beauty left to be found... it's in the simple things and our natural instincts as men. If you have an anxiety, it is probably a product of some negative this world has produced. My advice is that if it is there, fix it now. Ask yourself why you have that anxious feeling bc it's to tell you something important. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help bc trust me, it's a hell of a lot easier than toughing it out on your own all the time.

Best wishes everyone,

gov87

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poor white men, really had a rough time throughout history eh? They hardly control anything anymore..

Oh wait..

Agree with Espi, the world didnt give you anxiety, you gave you anxiety. You decide how to deal with it.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get depressed some days. Usually after a drinking, smoking or eating binge

I could visit the doctor and be diagnosed depressed but i'd much rather make the effort to not be depressed like exercising and eating healthy.

i know the moment i am diagnosed depressed i am throwing away my choice not to be depressed and giving myself carte blanche to not take responsibility for my life and blame it all on depression.

the pharmaceutical industry make billions from other people's 'illness'. they have a vested interest in you being ill. could be why mental illness is so prevalent in our culture and on the rise?

i take no stock in what doctors or psychiatrists say. they are merely agents paid to push industry drugs on you. legalised dealers.

gov87

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with what you believe is what you will be.

However, some of these things are so deep ingrained that they can be triggered. To get to the calm and balanced person you want to be, it's more efficient to go back and revisit the things that you misunderstood. I did what you're saying for so long but it eventually broke. To go back, rebuild the foundation with the proper tools as well as the belief you mentioned, that's where it's at.

Also, I agree with that you shouldn't label yourself. I'm telling you the things I was and I've sought to understand my ways. This is all so I can be the man I want to be. I'm not blaming anything, I'm just saying that the world can affect us in negative ways if we don't have the proper understanding. Sometimes, we have no idea where to start bc we've never had the guidance needed.

gov87

Don Juan
Reaction score
jurry said:
Poor white men, really had a rough time throughout history eh? They hardly control anything anymore..

Oh wait..

Agree with Espi, the world didnt give you anxiety, you gave you anxiety. You decide how to deal with it.

I'm not trying to complain or feel sorry for anyone especially myself. Part of the attitude you're showing here is part of the reason I got to the point in my life I did. Yes, I am responsible for my anxiety and how I deal with it. However, the fact that I was abused and constantly ridiculed for 18 years of my life cause my sh**ty thought processes isn't. We take responsibility when we decide to fix them or complain about why we are the way we are.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gov87 said:
I agree with what you believe is what you will be.

However, some of these things are so deep ingrained that they can be triggered. To get to the calm and balanced person you want to be, it's more efficient to go back and revisit the things that you misunderstood. I did what you're saying for so long but it eventually broke. To go back, rebuild the foundation with the proper tools as well as the belief you mentioned, that's where it's at.

Also, I agree with that you shouldn't label yourself. I'm telling you the things I was and I've sought to understand my ways. This is all so I can be the man I want to be. I'm not blaming anything, I'm just saying that the world can affect us in negative ways if we don't have the proper understanding. Sometimes, we have no idea where to start bc we've never had the guidance needed.
Yes, that's fine and I do understand what you're saying. I've been there too.

There is another way though and it doesn't involve outside diagnoses. But that is something we have to discover on our own.

Personally I think our whole culture is insane and seeking help from doctors is like getting help from the inmates. Those ancient books were not intended to imprison us as religion would have us. They were intended to liberate us if we only knew how to read them. The answer is not 'out there' with the doctors and their drugs or the priests and their warped interpretation of the Truth - it is within.

It has many names but on this site they call it inner game.

gov87

Don Juan
Reaction score
sylvester the cat said:
Yes, that's fine and I do understand what you're saying. I've been there too.

There is another way though and it doesn't involve outside diagnoses. But that is something we have to discover on our own.

Personally I think our whole culture is insane and seeking help from doctors is like getting help from the inmates. Those ancient books were not intended to imprison us as religion would have us. They were intended to liberate us if we only knew how to read them. The answer is not 'out there' with the doctors and their drugs - it is within.

It has many names but on this site they call it inner game.

I hear what you're saying and that is the path I'm seeking for myself. You put it very well.

In my case, I don't plan to be on antidepressants forever, but once I get out of the huge hole I was in, I will stop. Also, you can't rely on docs and psycs. They will push anything they can on you, i agree. You have to find your own way. One thing I didn't mention is I had a tumor when all of this started which I think threw some things off.

I just don't want anyone who may be in a similar place as me to just give up or continue being miserable if you can get out of the deep hole and in a better direction with the right help even if that is medicine. You don't want to tell a suicidal person they're weak for trying meds but you all so don't want to say "hey, take this and all will be well".

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gov87 said:
You don't want to tell a suicidal person they're weak for trying meds but you all so don't want to say "hey, take this and all will be well".
True. It sounds like you know what you want and you will find it according to your will.

Some are more comfortable being labelled as it gives them free reign to blame their misfortunes on their 'illness'.

I have a facebook 'friend' who continuously broadcasts his depression and how the world needs to face up to it! I find him annoying because as long as he tells himself and the world that he is depressed then that is what he is - depressed!

Truth is we are neither. We are that what we 'Will'. It is his Will that he is depressed right now. It is mine that I am not.

gov87

Don Juan
Reaction score
sylvester the cat said:
True. It sounds like you know what you want and you will find it according to your will.

Some are more comfortable being labelled as it gives them free reign to blame their misfortunes on their 'illness'.

I have a facebook 'friend' who continuously broadcasts his depression and how the world needs to face up to it! I find him annoying because as long as he tells himself and the world that he is depressed then that is what he is - depressed!

Truth is we are neither. We are that what we 'Will'. It is his Will that he is depressed right now. It is mine that I am not.

Well said. I know the type you speak of and that is just a copout and someone who can be called weak minded or defeated. When you accept yourself as something sad you can't change, you've given up.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my junior year of high school I actually had a girlfriend but as soon as I found this forum and started reading material, I realized that she had to go. It wasn't just her, it was all the negativity and bad self loathing habits. I drifted away from pretty much everything that made my ego better and the people that made me feel better, and that person being satisfied wasn't even me. All I heard from people was that "I shouldn't change," or "Just be you and people will like you!" Or "You're just depressed and thats okay because its not your fault." Just... Terrible... Terrible... Advice. I didn't like me at the time so I figured why would anyone else? I wasn't living on my own terms and SS helped me realize this.

After getting rid of all the reasons for my sh*ty self, including negative thinking, I changed as a person so much quicker and learned everything so much smoother. True I was basically a loner for a while but I think those times alone were well worth it, all I did was improve and nobody interrupted that process. After I got back in touch with my old friends and activies, I realized that they weren't for me. Those "friends" basically thought I was either a player or someone not caring at all, they thought I had gotten worse! Then when I looked at them in my current state I realized that they were all self loathing losers, like I once was. I would say I've definitely lost a lot of my friends, but it was worth it.

Honestly if I were to become a therapist with the knowledge that I know, I'm confident that I can simply exploit the people that come to me and have them believe that they have some mental illness so I can get more money from prescribing prescriptions and keep filling their heads with random "variables" from their life to keep them coming, it's all playing their ego. I know therapists mean well, but they are sort of useless. The only type of improvement you can truly make is by yourself. People can give you advice but its really up to you if its good or bad. You can't improve without an open mind, an ego-less mind.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
You can choose to believe whatever, but reality will quickly put you in your place. I can't just simply forget im black and pretend im devoid of color.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dhoulmagus said:
You can choose to believe whatever, but reality will quickly put you in your place. I can't just simply forget im black and pretend im devoid of color.
It is your will to be ignorant. So be it. Wallow in your ignorance if it makes you happy.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, some doctors and psychiatrists flat out stink. Finding a good therapist, is like looking for a top notch girlfriend. You may find a therapist band they seem to be suited for you, but as you see them you begin to see things you do not like.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dhoulmagus, stfu. This isn't about race right now.

This is about acceptance and labels.

The other guys put it so well that I won't bother to make any further input.

Bottom line is:

You are in control of who you are, what you are, and why you are.

Not society, labels, "Doctors", racists, therapists, "experts", history, "mental illness" (which only exists to sale drugs) ancestors, or the past,

Just you, your choices, and beliefs.

Let's start being the variable rather then the thing that's affected by what the variables are.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
SmooveMooves said:
Dhoulmagus, stfu. This isn't about race right now.

This is about acceptance and labels.

The other guys put it so well that I won't bother to make any further input.

Bottom line is:

You are in control of who you are, what you are, and why you are.

Not society, labels, "Doctors", racists, therapists, "experts", history, "mental illness" (which only exists to sale drugs) ancestors, or the past,

Just you, your choices, and beliefs.

Let's start being the variable rather then the thing that's affected by what the variables are.
Sounds like another liberal nutjob theory stemmed from smoking too much pot. Society has labels for a pretty good damn reason. Yes, I am control my body. I can easily get up and get a glass of water right now. Yes, you can't let society wrestle you down, but you have to aknowledge your environment. For example, our ancestors probably realized that a lion could kill them in close combat. I'm sure there were some guys that thought lions weren't dangerous and it was all in their head. Guess who ended up living to reproduce?

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
sylvester the cat said:
It is your will to be ignorant. So be it. Wallow in your ignorance if it makes you happy.
Facts and ignorance are two different things. Facts: People murder other people, racism exists, world hunger exists, war exists, and etc.

Ignorance: These all do not exist and it is part of your head.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dhoulmagus said:
Sounds like another liberal nutjob theory stemmed from smoking too much pot. Society has labels for a pretty good damn reason. Yes, I am control my body. I can easily get up and get a glass of water right now.

Ahhh, just as you sound like one other self loathing

"I love the white race , wish I wasn't black, it's unfair, the world is tough, whites don't like me, so feel sorry for me"

black people that I know so many of.

How about you take your body, and get in control of your mind.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
SmooveMooves said:
Ahhh, just as you sound like one other self loathing

"I love the white race , wish I wasn't black, it's unfair, the world is tough, whites don't like me feel sorry for me"[/] black people that I know so many of.

How about you take your body, and get in control of your mind.

You are right man. It's all in my head. I'm pretty sure I could get accepted in to the KKK or a nazi organization right now. I would have been in the SSS because Hitler doesn't know who I really am. This topic reeks of young over-privileged white males. You are not that person at all. It's easy for some rich white kid to laugh at poor people and blame their misfortunes on not working hard enough lol.