Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need urgent help bros, decisions decisions

Jair213

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys

I just started college but now I have to make a decision in leaving or staying. smh

I am getting hired to work in the city of Berkely witch is good pay. I will be making close to 60k a year.

The career I wanted to pursue was Human Resources.

Damn wtf should I do. What would you guys recommend? :( Education or get the job?:confused: :confused:

Jair213

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
education 1000%

get those degrees.

they are just pieces of papers but unless you want to do labor or limit your earning potential for a few quick bucks, you're gonna need them.

some say "college is not for everyone" or "you dont need college to succeed"

which can be true for some people but unless you have great connections or you fill a specific niche, you're gonna need to go like any normal person.

take it from someone who has high earning potential but cant capitalize on it because i dropped out.
well i do have connections in the job there, my uncle works there and my cousin is one of the top guys in-charge there.

Ill be earning about 5 grand per month witch is not bad at all plus overtime.

I dont mined working labor since ive being working construction jobs my whole life plus they offer really good benefits

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
At first glance, I would be tempted to suggest the job. A trade that pays overtime can be better than a salary job that makes you work for free after 40 hours.

But even that's not the most important thing. Forgetting about money and hours, what will make you more happy?

Some guys are happier in the office in a while collar job. Others have to be in the field working with their hands.

You are going to be working for a long time. Enjoying what you do is #1.

Jair213

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
At first glance, I would be tempted to suggest the job. A trade that pays overtime can be better than a salary job that makes you work for free after 40 hours.

But even that's not the most important thing. Forgetting about money and hours, what will make you more happy?

Some guys are happier in the office in a while collar job. Others have to be in the field working with their hands.

You are going to be working for a long time. Enjoying what you do is #1.
very true bro i will think this thoroughly

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait so you have an opportunity to make almost $60k WITHOUT going to college? And I'm assuming you are student debt-free right now?

College is a massive waste of money, and this is coming from someone who has multiple degrees. Unless you are getting into a STEM-type field with a direct line to a job, all you will come out with is a near-useless bachelor's degree like everyone else and a lot of debt. For a job paying you about the same (if not less) than you could be making now.

Look at it this way: if you get into this job for a few years and decide you want to move up into management, then you can reconsider going to college if it's necessary. The city will probably pay for at least part of your tuition and you could do it part-time. This is a far better option than borrowing tons of money now, and hoping you will find a job later to pay off your $40-60k in debt. That debt does not go away.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with colossus, espi and pairplusroyalflush, if all you were going for is to get into HR, well why? (not meaning to diss on anyone here in that field). You can do both as others suggest.

Unless you are enrolled at a top school, one is just as good as another. Do the 60k job and take night classes towards the degree. That going to school fulltime for the traditional 4 year degree is necessary to get the paper in any old thing is a lie perpetuated by the gov/edu industry to get your money faster. Don't buy into it. To repeat, if you are in a top STEM program at a top school, stay and power through, suffer the opportunity cost. If not, part time is the best way IMO. Good luck.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you can attend school part-time. Definitely get that degree. You will thank yourself later down the road unless you planned on maintaining the position for the rest of your life and you are guaranteed to keep it for as long as you want.

xupc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get the degree. Can you do it part time while working?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
MidnightCity said:
ideally he should do both. but its always easier said than done. if you have a regular 9-5 you can tell yourself you can do it but when it comes down to it you will burn yourself out within 2 months .
True. Full time work and part time school is tough. It's doable but very draining.

If you must take night classes, do them in person if at all possible and your schedule permits it. Online classes absolutely suck BALLZ. You basically end up just teaching yourself.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find out if this job has tuition reimbursement.

It's 60K, but is it 60K in California? It's still a good starting point but 60K in Cali is not the same as 60K in Arizona.

If your job is willing to pay for you to study part time. Go for it.
What were you going to go to school for? You don't want to end up with 100K+ in student loan debt as well and then regret the job opportunity.

I did my Master's while working full-time. It can be done.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make some money now, invest in real estate, and save some cash to pay for a degree later, at an affordable state school.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definitely take the job.

If you want a college degree, go to night school and get it while working. Too many young folks today graduate with degrees and find a hard time getting a job...and, with massive college debt.

I paid for my degree delivering pizzas and pumping gas. You can't pay for a degree that way anymore. It's all about going into debt to get it.

I should add, Berkeley is an awesome city and you will enjoy living there. Hope you decide to take the job. It sounds great.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Get the job idiot!

You have connections there, the choice is simple. Dumber guy with connections always gets paid more than smarter idiot without connections. Don't pass up this opportunity.

Jair213

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got the job
32/hour + overtime
Overtime = 48/hour

Working 50-52 hours/week

Getting payed about 1400/week

I only pay 200 of rent each month cuz I still live with parents
So im gonna try and save about 20, 000 in the next 12 months to buy a house

Going to be investing and saving my money wisely.

Jair213

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Very good wages and PAID overtime.

Solid experience right away without student loan debt.

Sounds great. Congrats!
hell yeah bro and i get nice benefits, plus 2 weeks of paid vacation a year