Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Training for Mental Stamina and Concentration

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you know a program (better if it's written in a book like Jonathan Hancock's "Brilliant Memory Training") that I could follow to improve my mental fatigue, ability to concentrate, and attention span?

I want to make the most of my 16-hour waking time in dedicating it for studying.

Thank you very much.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not familiar with any sort of 'mental training programs', but I'll say noopept and oxiracetam in combination with l-theanine and caffeine have worked wonders for me. What are you studying in school? Mechanical engineering major here.

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm making all the necessary preparations for taking up Law. What are these, "noopept and oxiracetam in combination with l-theanine and caffeine" that you were saying? Where do you get 'em? How were you when you're off of them compared to when you're on?

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSlasher said:
I'm making all the necessary preparations for taking up Law. What are these, "noopept and oxiracetam in combination with l-theanine and caffeine" that you were saying? Where do you get 'em? How were you when you're off of them compared to when you're on?
Google dude, google

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about reading? Seems to be universally considered the best way to train your mind.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSlasher said:
I'll agree with Danzy and say google is your friend, but I'll give a quick run down anyway.

There are certain drugs classed as nootropics. They aid in brain plasticity and are neuroprotective. The most notable class is the -racetam family (piracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, etc...). Noopept is also sort of a racetam but much, much stronger, so a lower dose is needed, and it's cheaper.

http://nootropicsguide.wordpress.com/nootropics-information/racetams/

Also, just look for any threads discussing racetams on longecity.org, they're very, very helpful.

You want to do as much research as possible before you can make a smart, informed decision about what to go with as far as what will help you achieve your goals. I read up on nootropics for a good couple months before I bought any.

I got my stuff from http://healthsupplementwholesalers.com/
It's legit.

Reading a lot of books is always a good idea, but there aren't really any good 'brain exercises' to make you 'smarter' in my opinion, besides just studying the subject you're interested in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-nhvqJB5EY
This video is pretty informative about the subject.

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheStig said:
I'll agree with Danzy and say google is your friend, but I'll give a quick run down anyway.

There are certain drugs classed as nootropics. They aid in brain plasticity and are neuroprotective. The most notable class is the -racetam family (piracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, etc...). Noopept is also sort of a racetam but much, much stronger, so a lower dose is needed, and it's cheaper.

http://nootropicsguide.wordpress.com/nootropics-information/racetams/

Also, just look for any threads discussing racetams on longecity.org, they're very, very helpful.

You want to do as much research as possible before you can make a smart, informed decision about what to go with as far as what will help you achieve your goals. I read up on nootropics for a good couple months before I bought any.

I got my stuff from http://healthsupplementwholesalers.com/
It's legit.

Reading a lot of books is always a good idea, but there aren't really any good 'brain exercises' to make you 'smarter' in my opinion, besides just studying the subject you're interested in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-nhvqJB5EY
This video is pretty informative about the subject.
Yeah, I get the point about google, but the gist of my question really is about how you were like before you began taking it and after you began taking it.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSlasher said:
Yeah, I get the point about google, but the gist of my question really is about how you were like before you began taking it and after you began taking it.
Actually that's kind of a tough question because I've never really thought about it. Since I've been taking nootropics, my work ethic for book work is higher. Complicated concepts don't seem daunting anymore, and I dive right in. There's not any procrastination anymore.

I don't think they've necessarily made me 'smarter,' and I don't think that's what they do...they simply have amplified qualities in me connected to learning and reasoning. It does feel like my memory is a lot better, but that could just be because how much I study now, not the substance.

As for the results, last semester I got mostly C's. I just started to feel burned out. This semester I'm getting all A's. In one of my classes I've even scored 100% on two of the midterm exams, and in another I got over 100% on a programming project because the professor liked my logical efficiency. My intelligence has been the same I believe, it's just that this semester I don't get distracted, and have a rekindled fire under my ass. Lift, work, school, study, rinse, repeat.

There are a couple of 'side effects' (in quotes because not necessarily negative) of noopept and some of the stronger racetams. One is a shortened temper, which I'm ok with. The reason I'm ok with it, is because I bottle up anything that's pissing me off, and take it to the gym. Workouts have been good. Another is suppression of emotion. Again, I like that too because I really don't have time for anything other that working out, my job, and my studies, so it's nice to not get distracted. I feel like a boss.

I'm not attributing it all to nootropics either, because I lift frequently. I feel as if the stronger and more conditioned I get, the more fluid thinking is for me. Lifting improves literally every aspect of my life.

Your mileage may vary.

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheStig said:
Actually that's kind of a tough question because I've never really thought about it. Since I've been taking nootropics, my work ethic for book work is higher. Complicated concepts don't seem daunting anymore, and I dive right in. There's not any procrastination anymore.

I don't think they've necessarily made me 'smarter,' and I don't think that's what they do...they simply have amplified qualities in me connected to learning and reasoning. It does feel like my memory is a lot better, but that could just be because how much I study now, not the substance.

As for the results, last semester I got mostly C's. I just started to feel burned out. This semester I'm getting all A's. In one of my classes I've even scored 100% on two of the midterm exams, and in another I got over 100% on a programming project because the professor liked my logical efficiency. My intelligence has been the same I believe, it's just that this semester I don't get distracted, and have a rekindled fire under my ass. Lift, work, school, study, rinse, repeat.

There are a couple of 'side effects' (in quotes because not necessarily negative) of noopept and some of the stronger racetams. One is a shortened temper, which I'm ok with. The reason I'm ok with it, is because I bottle up anything that's pissing me off, and take it to the gym. Workouts have been good. Another is suppression of emotion. Again, I like that too because I really don't have time for anything other that working out, my job, and my studies, so it's nice to not get distracted. I feel like a boss.

I'm not attributing it all to nootropics either, because I lift frequently. I feel as if the stronger and more conditioned I get, the more fluid thinking is for me. Lifting improves literally every aspect of my life.

Your mileage may vary.
Alright, this sounds worthy of further research. I'll try to find time for researching more about this. Thanks a lot.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSlasher said:
Alright, this sounds worthy of further research. I'll try to find time for researching more about this. Thanks a lot.
No problem. However, remember that each individual experiences a wide range of effects. I saw one person on a forum describe noopept as 'all the good mental aspects of LSD,' whereas others experienced little to no effect. Also, the effects build over time, so benefits will start to come after a week or two for most.

Last edited: