Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cant gain weight

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im trying to gain weight but i cant, i dont have a diet, im just eating more. But i think its not enough. Anyone has a simple diet thta i can keep up?. Or maybe buy a weight gainer.

Im 5'8 and 65kg=143lbs

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I naturally have a very lean body type - classic ectomorph. Putting on weight is not easy for me either. Only thing I could really suggest is to just keep eating more food, keep track of how many calories your getting each day. You should getting around 3-4,000 calories a day to start putting on weight. A weight gain shake can help as well. You dont necessarily want to replace a meal for the shake, instead drink it in-between meals, after a workout or before going to bed.

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, im going to keep eating more and track my calories. Right now im going to the gym 4 times a week, its that okay?
Which weight gainer is good?

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha you think you have it bad, I'm worse off at 6'2 135. We simply have to EAT MORE FOOD. Krueg's advice with 3 to 4000 calories would make it impossible for you not to gain weight. If you find that you cant eat that much then use high calorie shakes. Buy some coconut oil and eat it like peanut butter. Eat a ton of chicken breasts or some other meat every day so you'll get enough protein to gain muscle. 4 times a week at the gym is unnecessary, I'd drop it down to two or three. I really like this guy's philosophy to training and I've been doing bodyweight exercices with good results http://baye.com/high-intensity-training-blog/ but it can also be applied to any other type of exercise. NEVER DO CARDIO, especially when you're trying to gain weight. Good luck to you. Your success comes down to being disciplined enough to consistently put in the work. I had the right information but wasn't consistent which is why I'm still lighter than you lol

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
Haha you think you have it bad, I'm worse off at 6'2 135. We simply have to EAT MORE FOOD. Krueg's advice with 3 to 4000 calories would make it impossible for you not to gain weight. If you find that you cant eat that much then use high calorie shakes. Buy some coconut oil and eat it like peanut butter. Eat a ton of chicken breasts or some other meat every day so you'll get enough protein to gain muscle. 4 times a week at the gym is unnecessary, I'd drop it down to two or three. I really like this guy's philosophy to training and I've been doing bodyweight exercices with good results http://baye.com/high-intensity-training-blog/ but it can also be applied to any other type of exercise. NEVER DO CARDIO, especially when you're trying to gain weight. Good luck to you. Your success comes down to being disciplined enough to consistently put in the work. I had the right information but wasn't consistent which is why I'm still lighter than you lol
I'm about the same as you: around 135lbs and about 6'2. Except a few years younger, thankfully. I agree with just about everything you said, except the "no cardio" thing. Its bullsh!t. You should always do cardio, no matter what your goals are. It keeps you defined. You could be 170lbs and look like 200lbs, simply because your body-fat percentage is low.

As long as you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. The only thing cardio does is burn fat. However, the thing about cardio is if you don't keep building your muscles, cardio can kill your muscle growth.

So, do cardio while eating like crazy, but make sure that cardio is burning fat and not the muscles you're trying to grow.

savi0r

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your workouts must consist mainly of squats, deadlifts, bench press. Try the HIT philosophy.No more than 3 times a week. Very few sets per workout. Max 1 hour every session. As for diet, try eating at least 5 small meals throughout the day,spaced at 3 hours distance. Drink a lot of water and sleep at least 8 hours a night. In general, if follow these basic guidelines, you'll gain weight. I tried this and works well.

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now im not doing cardio bc if its difficult for me to gain weight, cardio will make it worse. The only times i could gain some little weight were when i wasnt doing cardio.
Can you tell me a fast and good breakfast?

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i forgot that im going to dance classes(for 2 hours) 3 times a week, that counts as cardio right?

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eph said:
I'm about the same as you: around 135lbs and about 6'2. Except a few years younger, thankfully. I agree with just about everything you said, except the "no cardio" thing. Its bullsh!t. You should always do cardio, no matter what your goals are. It keeps you defined. You could be 170lbs and look like 200lbs, simply because your body-fat percentage is low.

As long as you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. The only thing cardio does is burn fat. However, the thing about cardio is if you don't keep building your muscles, cardio can kill your muscle growth.

So, do cardio while eating like crazy, but make sure that cardio is burning fat and not the muscles you're trying to grow.
The only people who should be doing cardio is those who actually like doing it. It's simply an inefficient way to burn fat. Do a circuit of bodyweight exercises until your muscles give out, do some high intensity strength training, do tabata sprints, all of these will be far more effective and quicker at burning fat and working the cardiovascular system than running a few miles or any other form of typical cardio workouts.

Can you tell me a fast and good breakfast?
First of all your life will be much easier with a good blender and this http://www.amazon.com/Nuwave-20322-...ie=UTF8&qid=1395025755&sr=8-2&keywords=nuwave. You can cook a ton of stuff in there that would take all day in a regular oven and of course a blender for making protein shakes. Buy a ton of frozen fruit and veggies, some nuts or seeds, some heavy cream or coconut milk from a can, and some coconut oil, toss all of this in the blender and you could easily make a shake with 1000+ calories and a good amount of protein. Throw a bunch of bacon in the nuwave and in 10 mins you'll have even more calories and protein.

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
First of all your life will be much easier with a good blender and this http://www.amazon.com/Nuwave-20322-...ie=UTF8&qid=1395025755&sr=8-2&keywords=nuwave. You can cook a ton of stuff in there that would take all day in a regular oven and of course a blender for making protein shakes. Buy a ton of frozen fruit and veggies, some nuts or seeds, some heavy cream or coconut milk from a can, and some coconut oil, toss all of this in the blender and you could easily make a shake with 1000+ calories and a good amount of protein. Throw a bunch of bacon in the nuwave and in 10 mins you'll have even more calories and protein.
Ok, im going to try it. Yeah things in a regular oven take long to cook.

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
So i searched and i need more or less 2400/2500 for maintaince. I think im going to add 500 cal more to make it 3000 cals to gain weight. Now i need to buy the food scale

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll be suprised how much you have to eat to reach the 3000 mark.
Use a smartphone app to keep track.

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
You'll be suprised how much you have to eat to reach the 3000 mark.
Use a smartphone app to keep track.
Yeah, im going to buy a weight gainer or make shakes with lots of calories, this will help.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to hit the 4500 mark now to gain. It's a struggle sometimes bit I'm eating every couple of hours and training hard.

I was 78kg and thought I was a hard gainer. But eating like a lion has gotten me up to 104kg that's over 225lb . I'm 6'4" and about 12% body fat now.

Eat eat eat. Serious Mass by optimum nutrition was the shake I used at the start before I got my diet figured out. It's the shiit. Trust me. You will gain.

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:
I have to hit the 4500 mark now to gain. It's a struggle sometimes bit I'm eating every couple of hours and training hard.

I was 78kg and thought I was a hard gainer. But eating like a lion has gotten me up to 104kg that's over 225lb . I'm 6'4" and about 12% body fat now.

Eat eat eat. Serious Mass by optimum nutrition was the shake I used at the start before I got my diet figured out. It's the shiit. Trust me. You will gain.
I always thought i ate a lot and couldnt understand why i couldnt gain, but people said to me a few times that i dont eat a lot. Lol

Wow, you gained a lot of weight, my goal is to be 70kg when i cut.( i dont know if in english is this word)

Thanks, im going to look for that shake.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need mass gainer shakes, you need real food, and alot of it.

Post a days worth of food like this:

8am
6 eggs
100g oats
1 banana

12pm
100g rice
200g chicken breast

Etc.

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
the only reason i want shakes is bc its easier and quicker, sometimes i dont have time to cook and eat all the stuff.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't have time to cook food and eat it, you're not going to get big. Easy doesn't work with training/bodybuilding.

pabloDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
If you don't have time to cook food and eat it, you're not going to get big. Easy doesn't work with training/bodybuilding.
I said sometimes i dont have time.