Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weight loss question please help!?

christopherieom

Reaction score
I can't seem to lose more than 1 lb a week at the max sometimes I don't lose any weight. I know all about the healthy eating and such so my workout is running 3 times a week 5.5 mph for anywhere from 40min to 80 min. and 3 times a week I do 2 different body parts for weights. so for all the cardio and such that I'm doing how many calories should I be eating, I mean I have been doing this for 1 month now and all I lost is 3lbs. I want to drop about 20lbs Please I NEED help. is this a normal amount of weight loss ? shouldn't I have lost more ??? I feel it will take forever to hit my goal weight I want to lose atleast 2 lbs per week.
my weight now is 139 and I'm 5'4"

Syrio

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
139lbs for 5'4" is really fine, and part of the reason you're losing only one pound per week is probably because you don't have all that much weight to lose. But if you do want to keep shedding pounds, here is what I'd suggest:

1. You can do cardio more often than 3 times per week. Lifting I would probably limit and make sure you get good rest, but you can do cardio 6 times per week and be fine (it's good to take one rest day). I would recommend something like 45 minutes per day of light running or some other cardio workout.

2. As far as what to eat, focus on getting a lot of fiber. Salads have a lot of fiber, though personally I hate salad. Beans and corn are both also good sources of fiber. Fiber basically makes you more full without adding calories to your meal. Plus, studies have shown that people with high fiber diets tend to live about 13% longer than average, which is really a lot!

3. This is pretty obvious but cut down on fatty foods and drink a lot of water. Avoid consuming too many carbs.

Anyway I hope this helps, and good luck!

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Consider an app like Loseit or myfitnesspal and log your calories. You might be surprised at how much you are taking in. When I log, I lose. When I don't, I don't.

Don Juan
Reaction score
All of the advise given so far is all good.

I managed to drop ~55 lbs in the last 9 months (after a regrettable unhealthy bulk phase) by emphasizing cardio in my workout routine.

I was cycling 20 miles a day, 5-6 times a week. Pedal-to-the-metal riding, basically trying to cover that distance in as little time as I could. And I still am riding as I'm trying to lose further weight but in the midwest U.S, it's tough to get outside and ride in winter. Which is why I use a stationary trainer in the winter months.

As for diet, I increased the amount of fiber I ate, cut down (if not out) on "crappy" foods (fried, etc). And in general tried to eat a little less than I used to. Like MOTU said, tracking what you eat is a good way to keep in check. It's easy to do this if you have smaller meals/snacks throughout the day. My particular favourite inter-meal snack was roasted almonds (good quick source of protein).

I also drank more water than anything else.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest you stop cardio. At least, the slow jogging kind.

You want to do high intensity sprints.

Go full speed for 30 seconds, followed by a slow jog for 30 seconds to a minute. Do this 10 times.

Drink as much water as you can stand. The water will flush the junk in your body out, one way or another.

Lift weights. Heavier weights, fewer reps, more sets. The more your muscles get worked, the higher your metabolism and the more calories you burn while resting.

It's going to take effort.

Monitor your caloric intake. Write it down! How many calories of this or that.
Get a fitbit, or some other tracking device that will give you a guess as to how many calories you burn in a day. This will tell you how much you can eat.

1 lb a week isn't bad. That's a healthy 500 calorie reduction each day. It takes time, don't sweat it.

Jamez

Reaction score
Well you can do aerobic more often than 3 periods weekly. Raising I would probably restrict and create sure you get excellent relax, but you can do aerobic 10 periods weekly and be excellent it's excellent to take one relax day i would suggest something like 45 moments per day of mild operating or some other aerobic workout

Jamez

Reaction score
Jamez said:
Well you can do aerobic more often than 3 periods weekly. Raising I would probably restrict and create sure you get excellent relax, but you can do aerobic 10 periods weekly and be excellent it's excellent to take one relax day i would suggest something like 45 moments per day of mild operating or some other aerobic workout
Share some information for Lake County Boot Camps ??

Duracell_Bunny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Search Google images for "marathon vs sprinter".

Doing sprints as per Big_Papp'y's suggestions worked for me.

I'd also recommend increasing the intensity of your cardio each week. By intensity I don't mean distance, try to cover the same distance at a quicker pace. Add more sprints or reduce rest time between intervals.

It's a bit like gaining muscle, if you're not adding weight to the bar you will not make further progress.