Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need to suck less at nonclub game. Any advice?

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My last successful number close was with a foreign girl late-night in the gym. She flaked on me for a first date, so she's gone. However, I admit that didn't exactly pick her up with any real skill; my non-game was essentially "compliment and cuddle" at its worst (intercepted her as she walked past the squat rack to the water fountain, told her I thought she was cute and that I'd like to meet her outside the gym, and asked for her number on the spot, and got back to lifting). I credit that far more to luck than skill.

However, since then I've been having a far rougher time with picking up other girls at the gym at all. For those who are better at this, how do you usually get detected as someone of interest and at all and then pass the headphone barrier? How would negs and other game methods be applied? I don't really have any information about them to go on and these situations are fast-moving.

Also, for any who are skilled at street pickups, what are good street pickup methods? I'm consistently failing to get even a response to even a simple hi, as they just walk right by. Not even an IOI as they pass. Nothing. I'm just left wondering what's going wrong.

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls often times will give you a number just to be nice, especially when you just ask for it on the spot.

I don't think the gym is the best spot to pick up girls. Go to other places like the park, mall, college campus areas, etc. Just go up to a girl and say you think she is cute and introduce yourself. Do some small talk for 5-10 minute and then ask for her number. Don't just ask for the number right away. Small talk is key. Also make sure you are dressed well, have a stylish haircut, and smell good (I recommend bleu de chanel for a cologne that girls seem to love). If you aren't in shape, get in shape.

Approach 50 girls, maybe 25 will be real numbers/reply to your text, and half of those who reply will actually want to go out with you on a date.

It's a numbers game.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
applegoo said:
I don't think the gym is the best spot to pick up girls. Go to other places like the park, mall, college campus areas, etc.
You're probably right, it probably isn't. However, it's a place where I normally am over the course of the week, and depending on the hour, may have more fit young women in my target demographic than I would see over the course of an entire day in other venues.

Where I'm from, malls, parks, and other "traditional" day-game areas tend to have mainly families and teenagers, though, and not the demographic I'm interested in.

applegoo said:
Just go up to a girl and say you think she is cute and introduce yourself. Do some small talk for 5-10 minute and then ask for her number. Don't just ask for the number right away. Small talk is key. Also make sure you are dressed well, have a stylish haircut, and smell good (I recommend bleu de chanel for a cologne that girls seem to love). If you aren't in shape, get in shape.
Approach 50 girls, maybe 25 will be real numbers/reply to your text, and half of those who reply will actually want to go out with you on a date.

It's a numbers game.
I haven't the slightest idea how you get such a success ratio. Usually when I do daytime approaches (especially during street-pickup attempts), almost all of them walk right by. Getting one of them to speak at all, let alone give me her number, is a big "accomplishment"/lucky-streak.

As for saying that I think she is cute, that's something I was wondering about; it's something I've done a lot, but from what I'm reading I'm wondering if it's more of a liability (e.g. "compliment and cuddle" non-game).

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chronocidal said:
You're probably right, it probably isn't. However, it's a place where I normally am over the course of the week, and depending on the hour, may have more fit young women in my target demographic than I would see over the course of an entire day in other venues.

Where I'm from, malls, parks, and other "traditional" day-game areas tend to have mainly families and teenagers, though, and not the demographic I'm interested in.

I haven't the slightest idea how you get such a success ratio. Usually when I do daytime approaches (especially during street-pickup attempts), almost all of them walk right by. Getting one of them to speak at all, let alone give me her number, is a big "accomplishment"/lucky-streak.

As for saying that I think she is cute, that's something I was wondering about; it's something I've done a lot, but from what I'm reading I'm wondering if it's more of a liability (e.g. "compliment and cuddle" non-game).
You need to get there attention and either make them stop or walk with them as you talk to them. I had this problem when I initially started doing cold approaches too. Now I try to speak louder and I typically walk with them or if they stop then I stand there and talk to them.

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thunder_god said:
You need to get there attention and either make them stop or walk with them as you talk to them. I had this problem when I initially started doing cold approaches too. Now I try to speak louder and I typically walk with them or if they stop then I stand there and talk to them.
Like this guy said: smile, maintain eye contact, make sure to speak with deeper voice, and approach and walk with them.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I swear, it's as if I seem to be getting worse rather than better with experience...

Can anyone recommend some high-percentage canned street-approach routines? I might as well start from the beginning again and used canned methods; I can't seem to even get off the ground these days. The "best" response I've had in a while was a respectful no from a girl in the gym, while I've been continuing to fail completely with street approaches; nothing, not even an IOI.

How does time of day affect your non-club game? If one is in a walkable area, how would one apply daygame at, say, late-night hours, without being seen as a threat or as an interference with her nightlife plans? (I know this sounds like a pretty strange thing to ask, but I've found myself at a loss of what to do during a few Friday and Saturday nights, where I simply don't belong in and have no use for bars, clubs, or other nightlife.)

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As many know getting their attention is the hardest part. I normally approach with my body language looking as though I'm about to leave any second &" say "I need a quick female perspective on something, it'll have to be quick though as (lie about having to be somewhere)" this gets you talking to them. Progress from there. Read Sideways thread on challenging everyone to approach women.

P.s A few think asking for a female perspective/opinion is lame