Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

One month after breakup.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, my ex broke up with me roughly a month ago. I tried for a day to reconcile, to no avail (go figure), then went NC for a couple weeks. She got extremely upset by this, and after a few days of not getting any response from me completely broke down and began calling/texting me like crazy. I eventually answered one of her calls as I was driving to work. She told me that she couldn't imagine never talking to me, or seeing me, ever again in her life. She knows that NC is how I've always handled any breakup I've ever had, and that I've never talked to any of my LTR ex's again, ever. Initially on the phone I made the mistake of telling her essentially what she wanted to hear - not to worry about that, and that I didn't want to never talk to her again either.

Realizing this was a mistake I spoke to her the next day and basically said:

- I thought it was sad that after I had completely gotten over my ex's that I had zero contact with them. They were an important part of my life, and there had been times where I thought being friends with them (after the dust had settled READ: I had zero feelings for them romantically) would have been nice. Which is true.
- Right now I need space to get over her, and that means I can't have any contact with her. Being "friends" would only prolong the process, and I didn't need to be filling my head with crap like false hope that we would work out.
- I couldn't promise her anything. I couldn't promise her that if she tried to contact me in a couple months, or even years that I would want to have any contact with her.

She took all of this pretty hard, and was quite hurt and upset by it.

The thing is, I was "there" with this girl. I was ready for her to be the one I would marry, have kids with, and spend the rest of my life with. I can/have banged all the ***** I need to to realize that that isn't what I want out of life. I want to have a family, kids, and a meaningful, committed relationship with someone.

Anyways, we had been living together for the past year, and unfortunately there have been a few loose ends to tie up with the place we had been renting (my name is still on the lease.) I moved out the day after she broke up with me, she has been living there for the past month, and is moving out tomorrow.

I have been trying to be a good guy about the whole breakup, and have ended up doing things that completely go against how I would normally handle a breakup:

- When she broke down on the phone as I was driving to work, she had asked if she could borrow my TV until she moved out of the house because she couldn't handle the silence. I acquiesced and took her my TV the next day (same day I told her I couldn't promise her anything.) It was an older TV, I had actually bought a new one, and told her to keep it if she wanted it, as I no longer needed it.

- She had an emergency issue with drywall putty being spilled into an electrical outlet box. I used to have a job as an electrician, so I went over to the house at 11:00 pm to remove the box/device and avoid a fire hazard. Again my name is still on the lease to the house, so a fire is the last thing I'd need. Went the next day and replaced the box/outlet device.

- While I was there replacing the electrical outlet she'd told me her best friend had planned to come that weekend with her dad's truck to help her move. Unfortunately her new landlord told her she couldn't move into the new place until Tuesday (tmr) and now she no longer had a truck available to move all her stuff. For some reason I offered to help her move her stuff with my truck if she couldn't come up with an alternative by the move date. She has since asked me if I'm still willing to help her move, and I agreed.

Now I know what you're thinking. This is all beta bull****. But let me set the record straight. It is not. I am honestly the furthest thing from beta, and have generally handled the breakup well. I am a good man, good person, and as I've made these decisions to help her out it has nothing to do with me wanting to get her back, or remain in contact with her, or anything of the sort. It has simply been a case of me trying to be consistent in the type of man I am. If there's sh!t that needs to be done I do it. I don't screw people over, and always help if it is within my capability. That is what a man does. I feel to do anything less would be beta. I guess the other part of it, is this girl is someone I still love (though I know there is no chance of us working out), and I wouldn't feel right leaving her next to helpless. She had her reasons for ending our relationship, and that is fine. If feel like if I am the person I say I am, and want to be, that I should help her with no ulterior motives.

The reason for our breakup basically boils down to the fact that she is too young. I am 27, and she is 21. Funny enough a week before we broke up we actually signed a purchase agreement on a house together. I believe this scared the absolute **** out of her, and sent her into this spin of "I need to learn how to be on my own, and not rely on the love of a man to make me feel good about myself, be independent etc etc - basically all bull****. But regardless, that is where she is at. I have no doubt in my mind that she is going to regret her decision one day, but right now that doesn't matter. I think the timing of our relationship was just off, if we had met 2 or 3 years later in life we probably would have had a good shot at being together long term. At any rate, I'm glad this happened now if that is how she is feeling rather than later when we have a house, or are married, or have kids. Perhaps one day we can reconnect, but that is a long shot, and as far as I see it there is zero chance of us being together unless a period of a few years has passed and we happen to reconnect. I'm not holding onto that thought, or getting my hopes up for anything.

I've since started seeing other women, slept with a few of them, and focused on getting myself back on track. Honestly I've been having a blast getting back into my game - pulling women is a riot!

Anyways, not even sure why I decided to write this post, I guess I just needed to vent a bit. Any thoughts you guys have about how I've gone about handling this would be welcome. Any thoughts about me helping her move tomorrow would also be appreciated.

Cheers

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moral of the story: don't break NC unless you want to fix things, move things and do other favors without getting any pvssy.

Trust me, I understand.. I have been too nice in my breakups too - and it always ends up one sided.

May I suggest you read "no more mr nice guy"? Don't be fooled by the title, it's not a "how to be an @sshole book".

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the goal in helping her with all this crap is to ensure her quick and smooth transition to ancient history, then that's not too bad.
For me, I couldn't bring myself to do any of that **** for a girl who dumped me. I'd be thinking "here I am helping this cvnt move into a new pad which she'll soon be using to entertain other men." Fvck that.
I'm sure the electrical emergency needed fixing but I would've told her to call a damn electrician and pay him for his time.
Anyway, what's done is done. Good job on getting back out there.
Everything happens for a reason and she obviously wasn't meant to be a part of your plan.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you did those things to move on and without holding onto any hope of getting back with her then it's all good.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Bad News,
And here's me thinking all the good blokes were dead!

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well..helped her move the other day. She was quite emotional about moving all her stuff out of "our home." She cried, and hugged me tightly for quite a while - 20-30 minutes, told me she loves me. Through this whole breakup I still can't help but feel that she doesn't want us to be over, but for some reason has it stuck in her head that this is something she needs to do for herself. A lot of the things she says, or ways she's behaved around me just really doesn't feel like she truly wants this.

I'm stuck guys. Now that all the loose ends are tied up I find myself feeling significantly less over her than I did a week ago (which wasn't much to be honest.) I'm contemplating proposing we get back together, but take a step back. We're obviously not living together anymore, so it would be a completely new dynamic that could possibly give her, and our relationship, room to breath and grow. We went from a long distance relationship to living together...thrown right into the fire. It might be a bad idea to propose that, but I think it could give her the space to figure her personal stuff out, while giving us a chance to see if things can work out having taken a couple steps back. Thoughts? Really don't want to lose this one.

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BadNews said:
Well..helped her move the other day. She was quite emotional about moving all her stuff out of "our home." She cried, and hugged me tightly for quite a while - 20-30 minutes, told me she loves me. Through this whole breakup I still can't help but feel that she doesn't want us to be over, but for some reason has it stuck in her head that this is something she needs to do for herself. A lot of the things she says, or ways she's behaved around me just really doesn't feel like she truly wants this.

I'm stuck guys. Now that all the loose ends are tied up I find myself feeling significantly less over her than I did a week ago (which wasn't much to be honest.) I'm contemplating proposing we get back together, but take a step back. We're obviously not living together anymore, so it would be a completely new dynamic that could possibly give her, and our relationship, room to breath and grow. We went from a long distance relationship to living together...thrown right into the fire. It might be a bad idea to propose that, but I think it could give her the space to figure her personal stuff out, while giving us a chance to see if things can work out having taken a couple steps back. Thoughts? Really don't want to lose this one.
It's done beta boy..... Maybe you were to fooled some in here BUT NOT ME. you acted nice to get her back... You became her cushion... Her protector during the after break storm.... She moving on to new c0cks leaving you picking up the pieces.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she wanted to be with you she would make it clear. For your own sanity cut contact and move on.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tiguere said:
It's done beta boy..... Maybe you were to fooled some in here BUT NOT ME. you acted nice to get her back... You became her cushion... Her protector during the after break storm.... She moving on to new c0cks leaving you picking up the pieces.
Hahaha! Okay bud. You don't know me from a hole in the wall. Everything I did had nothing to do with trying to "get her back." And until this morning my mind frame was in a complete state of "I need to move on and get over her." How I'm feeling now is completely unrelated to any of that.

hithard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You missed a vital point of no contact- protecting yourself.
Women will put on the water works to hook you back in even when they are over you. Constant contact with her will break you down into thinking you want her back and is what women in general do after a breakup.
It's all a part of branch swinging 101 and it seems to have worked on you.
Now if/when her other options don't work out, she has already planted the seed of destruction in your mind to give it another go.

I could care less if going back is something you want to do. Just so long as you know that you have been played and played well in this instance.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason for our breakup basically boils down to the fact that she is too young. I am 27, and she is 21.
There's nothing wrong with her age, at least in a dating sense. The marriage/house ideas should have been put off until she was in her mid-20s. Women do NOT reach their peak of maturity until at least age 23.

I had a 21 year old GF. She was probably the most compatible girl I had ever dated. A year after we were together (when she was 22), she brought up the marriage issue. I stuck to my guns and told her "I don't want to discuss this issue for at LEAST another year". She used the excuse that her 2nd oldest sister got married at age 20. However, her sister is a devout Christian who believed in abstinence until marriage.

My gf had a few immaturities that she needed to get out of her system before I could seriously consider her for a full-time committment. I realized that time and maturity could eventually eliminate those, and I had the full intention of continuing to date her while she matured. However, she decided that it was 'all or nothing', so she broke up with me. She hasn't had a boyfriend since me, and we broke up two years ago. HER LOSS.

I believe that women should regret ending relationships with their ideal companions. If they cannot embrace the idea that they've met the most compatible person they will ever find, then they have to deal with the consequences, perhaps for the rest of their life.

DO NOT get back together with her. Whenever you break up with a woman (or she breaks up with you), that should automatically put a major red flag on her. She is now permanently branded as an ex-gf. It cannot be revoked. Even if you get back together, she is still branded as being your ex at a point in history. That NEVER goes away.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
You HAVE lost this one.....for now.

As long as you continue contact, help her, etc............you lessen the blow and impact on HER of what she has done.

She needs to feel the full impact/consequences of her decision - the only way she will do this is if you disappear 100% from her life. She needs to see what life without you is like, to appreciate what you did for her. You NEED to go NO CONTACT for at least 30 days.

If you go ghost, here is what will happen.

Something exciting happens in her life and she wants to tell you - and then realizes you are no longer there.

Something sad happens in her life and she wants to tell you - and then realizes you are no longer there.

She is bored one night and wants someone to hang out with - and you are no longer there.

She needs help moving, fixing, etc - and you are no longer there.

THIS is your only shot - she has to REALLY hurt, and really FEEL your absence.

or, you can continue to white knight while she finds another cvck. Your choice.
^^^^^ Nailed it. Do this.

Trust me I have been through the exact same thing as you. Lived together, broke up. She moved out. I acted like I didn't care. Dated others. Drove her crazy....she wanted to get back together so badly. She would have done anything. Eventually we did get back together and she moved back in. Stayed together for another 2 years or so. Then broke up for good. :)

But if you do want her back, your best bet is to go 100% NC and when she does contact you? Act AS IF you are the happiest guy alive. She will come crawling. I realize that going NC will be tough, but you have to do it. Plus, if you don't get back together? It helps you get over her that much quicker. So win win.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
BadNews said:
Hahaha! Okay bud. You don't know me from a hole in the wall. Everything I did had nothing to do with trying to "get her back." And until this morning my mind frame was in a complete state of "I need to move on and get over her." How I'm feeling now is completely unrelated to any of that.

He is not your bud and you and acting like a beta tool. I mean, what the fvck - you come on in here and post this white night stuff and what exactly did you want us to tell you -- "awww shucks what a nice guy you are doing all this stuff for her"

Here is the reality: You are running around fixing stuff like a little bytch for this chick THAT DUMPED YOUR FVKING ARSE!
Grow a pair mate. You want sympathy, go see you mommy.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NC is your friend here...but maybe a modified form. Such as; do not initiate contact with her at all in any way. But if she contacts you, then you reply but keep it short and simple. Try and keep everything to texts. If you're on the phone be a bit distracted. No talking about the relationship, no agreeing to do her favors, no telling her how you feel, etc. The other guys are right...she needs to see what life is like without you in it for a while.

Last edited: