Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A theory on using facebook instead of POF.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just a theory, a thought. Maybe one of you guys can try it. I was doing searches researching my market and thinking about how effective FB ads are (that's another story innit?). I realized that with facebook's new search paramaters you can search now for single women. I gave it a go and I found every single woman I know. I found women I saw on POF. I could see if we had mutual friends in common to kick start a convo or at least and ad. Basically FB has brought back the myspace hookup.

Go to the search bar on Facebook and type in single women who live in "your city".

Someone report back and let me know if this worked for ya. Good luck.

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yep,

works!!

thnx for the tip :up:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a good plan. I decided last year that I spend enough time online and that there is no substitute for in person approaches...maybe that makes me a Luddite, I don't know.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have Facebook, I've never had Facebook, don't want Facebook. Atom Smasher says that having Facebook will make you "common". I don't know about all that, but I will say that by not having it, I can see that there are certain advantages to it.

I would think that by being on Facebook, it at least puts you on the radar of some women who probably would otherwise be unaware of you (and vice versa). It also gives you a means to contact them if you don't otherwise have a way. I'm not convinced that having Facebook is such a big no no for a DJ. Seems to me that it, like everything else, could be a useful tool if used correctly.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NICE find man, kudos to you! REPPED!

Best thing about this is the mutual connections!

I con do some damage with this!

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
I'm sure it's a good plan. I decided last year that I spend enough time online and that there is no substitute for in person approaches...maybe that makes me a Luddite, I don't know.

Yah. I manage a few facebook pages so I use it a lot. But my personal posts are usually about work or technology. I stay out of religion, dating and political conversations, 90% of all facebook posts. I'm not in the game but I just thought it would be a good tip for those who are and use facebook responsibly.

If I were trying to use facebook for hookups, I would limit my profile severely. I would treat it like an online dating profile. Good pictures, fun activities and make it all about my social life being awesome. I'd leave out work and family stuff and limit my connections to family and coworkers.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Good pictures, fun activities and make it all about my social life being awesome. I'd leave out work and family stuff and limit my connections to family and coworkers.
I'd make mine about my social life being awesome, but I don't like to lie lol. I really can't stand being around people too often these days.

Anyway, if you limit your connections to family and coworkers, isn't that going to make your "friends" list smaller, which would contradict your social life being awesome? Or can you make it so that people can't see your friends list?

I've never had Facebook, so I don't know. Seems like if you didn't have 700 friends or whatever, girls would think you were a loser.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I'd make mine about my social life being awesome, but I don't like to lie lol. I really can't stand being around people too often these days.

Anyway, if you limit your connections to family and coworkers, isn't that going to make your "friends" list smaller, which would contradict your social life being awesome? Or can you make it so that people can't see your friends list?

I've never had Facebook, so I don't know. Seems like if you didn't have 700 friends or whatever, girls would think you were a loser.

You may be right. This is all a theory so it hasn't been field tested by me. I did send some friend requests to cute single girls that had mutual friends as me. A couple added me. But that's not much proof of anything with out a bang.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea it didn't work for me either. I typed in the search box "single women in Houston Texas" and I get nothing. I tried the iphone app and the website.