Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do women who get divorced typically lose a lot of weight?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sticking up for women when they do this, however there is another "train of thought" to consider...

A divorce is an extremely stressful thing to go thru for most folks. Just the stress alone is enough to create significant weight loss! You also don't have a partner to go out to dinner with all the time so you eat healthier/less and at home more often than not.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear MDJ,
Those who see themselves back on the Meat Market do lose weight big-time....Those whose perceived Market Value is low,often seek solace in forbidden foods and pack it on!

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am guilty of this. Got fat during my marriage. Even joked that I didn't mind being fat as long as it didn't effect how much pvssy I was getting. I think it played a factor in her losing respect for me, which ultimately led to my divorce.

Now I am back in the gym, lost 40+ lbs (20 more to go), I am lifting weights and I look and feel better, and I am getting laid.

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
i think women who are about to or are post breakup in general drop weight and try to get.

this is mostly true from what ive seen when the girl is doing the dumping..

like everyone else said, they are pretty much prepping themselves to branch swing
I agree.

I overheard a chick at work "joking" about taking off her wedding ring all the time. She had been giving me obvious IOIs which I ignored (she's an absolute pump & dump that you probably wouldn't tell anybody about) and I noticed recently she's lost weight. Coincidence? Nah...

Women have a surprising amount of control over their weight. I understand it can be difficult for some people to lose weight but you'd be surprised what the right amount of motivation will do.

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
I think anyone has more control over their weight than they believe. What they struggle with is the sacrifices needed to maintain a healthy weight. Skip the junk, and workout.

Everyone wants something for nothing......
I agree with the sentiment, but most people don't realize that most mainstream advice on healthy eating and weight loss is bogus. Not eating junk food and exercising sounds like common sense, but it's actually more complicated than that. Most people who lose weight gain it back because they have a very simplistic understanding of health, which is by design. You can only fool your body for so long.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to thread hijack but...

G_Govan said:
I agree with the sentiment, but most people don't realize that most mainstream advice on healthy eating and weight loss is bogus. Not eating junk food and exercising sounds like common sense, but it's actually more complicated than that. Most people who lose weight gain it back because they have a very simplistic understanding of health, which is by design. You can only fool your body for so long.
So my thoughts on this are pretty simple: burn more calories than you eat and you lose weight. Exercise burns calories and develop muscles that make you look better. Make the calories you do eat count, nutritionally. Is there more?

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU said:
So my thoughts on this are pretty simple: burn more calories than you eat and you lose weight. Exercise burns calories and develop muscles that make you look better. Make the calories you do eat count, nutritionally. Is there more?
There is, but it requires some minor (or major) research depending on your level of interest in the subject. I could PM you links if you're interested but this is also a bit of a personal journey because there are a lot of "opinions" out there and you may read something that takes you in a different direction.

In a nutshell, most advice you come across has either an underlying profit motive or it's from well meaning people who are misinformed.

Valentino14

Don Juan
Reaction score
Overweight women will start losing weight while they are currently with their boyfriend or husband. They are doing it to look good for their new man, not for you. Once they get to their first weight loss goal, they dump the guy. Then they move on to the new guy until they reach their desired goal looking good for him. I've seen this enough with the women I work with and each one of them did the same thing.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
For 6-12 months, she starts dolling herself up more, goes to the gym, works out, etc,....

As she approaches "fighting weight", she drops the bomb. A buddy of mine at work and I keep eyes on the girls who start doing this as a sort of inside predictor that a divorce is coming soon. You would be stunned at the accuracy of this indicator.
Here's another example of women preparing for divorce:

When I was in college, I knew a lot, and I mean a LOT of women who were planning to graduate, get a good paying job, and then bam they would kick their current husbands to the curb. In a lot of cases these men were working extra hours to help put the girls through school. I was stunned at the sheer number of these girls and how open they were about their plans.

You know what they say - the girl you marry is never the woman you divorce. In this case, once they became women with the ability to earn a good wage, they were gone. Briffault's Law and all that.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
When your woman begins to go to the gym more and shed weight, start going harder than her. Your princess is looking to get in another castle.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the divorce diet.
you take a ton of depression and low self esteem and blend it with the fact that you are suddenly so broke you can hardly afford ramen noodles and then add in the overtime hours you picked up to pay the rent all by yourself ... and the weight just falls off.... and then if you get lonely enough that you go out with some friends to get out of your depressing home, you have even less money!

being heartbroken and miserable - having a broken spirit like that... well it just does something to your body that no diet or exercise can do when you are happy. seriously... people have died of being heartbroken but no one has ever died from happiness.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU said:
I am guilty of this. Got fat during my marriage. Even joked that I didn't mind being fat as long as it didn't effect how much pvssy I was getting. I think it played a factor in her losing respect for me, which ultimately led to my divorce.

Now I am back in the gym, lost 40+ lbs (20 more to go), I am lifting weights and I look and feel better, and I am getting laid.
Nice going MOTU, keep going at it. Similar happened to me, although i wasnt married yet but i was in a very serious LTR and it was heading into marriage. I blew up during that LTR and i weighed a max of 260lbs. I felt VERY comfortable although i would get shortness of breath and felt i already had my woman in the bag. She eventually left me and called me a fat ass when we were breaking up. I used that breakup, although massively devastating to me, I used it as fuel to never get like that again. I went from 260lbs to 168lbs in one year. I put on muscle mass and i was an extremely lean 175lbs with a 28" waist when it used to be 40". I could of passed for a fitness model with just ripped lean muscle. I put on a bit more weight but im currently in the process of cutting BF again. I maintained a muscular 180lbs. Never let yourself go again.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes chicks "thinning" up, doing exercises is a good indicator. Especially if you catch her giving you the "you bastard" look while she's doing it.