Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did you propose

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To all the married men on this forum, how did you propose? Was it dramatic? Simple? Did you get down on one knee and express your undying love for her? How did she react? I imagine the men here might have done things a bit different than the average man.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I get married, I'm definitely not going down on one knee. That's just too corny.

I'll probably just say, "Honey? How would you like to get married" at a completely unexpected time.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well. For me I got my wife a promise ring a few weeks after going out. Not sure why really.. We clicked. I knew she was going to be the one. She was 16 at the time. We fit like a glove. At 18 she was preggo at her graduation ceremony (didn't know) and we married shortly after kid was born so. Still together! Happier than ever! Always ups and downs... Had a few fall outs that almost ended in divorce (no infedelity thankfully but some issues stemming from both our childhoods) but we prevailed and thrive now. Grew together instead of apart. Can't wait now til my youngest is old enough to take care of himself. I should be kidless by the time I'm 45 hopefully. :)

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was no proposal. My proposal was like this:

Me:"We're getting married".

Her: "OK".

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe in getting down on a knee before a woman. When or if I propose it will be eye-to-eye, and in private. I'm not going to make a public spectacle of it. I'll know the answer beforehand so it will be more like 'telling' rather than 'asking'.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
from another post by me

like i said, the key to a GOOD /solid /healthy long term relationship is knowing the difference between healthy compromises and unhealthy sacrifices.

Dating a woman is a lot lke being in the senate. There is some ****, that you believe in and you want and you aren't budging. There is some **** she believes in and she wants, and she isn't budging.

on the other hand, there are things you don't care for, that under the right circumstance, if they are going to make her happy, you can budget on for the greater good of the relationship and likewise.

this is one of those things that I don't care for but i don't care so much about against that if it's gonna make my wife that much happier, i'm not really gonna put up a fight as long as she's doing what she is suppose dto do. who the **** cares lol? I odn't give a **** about looking AFC there is no question who runs my house, that's not gonna change beucase i got on my knee to propose. and it didn't. if anything beucase i gave her what she wanted it made my job much easier.

I mean, most men, do not have the slightest clue how much women look forward to being married. You know how we get together and go to football games and ****? women get together and go to weddings. they browse threw bridal magazines like we pick up sports magazines. My wife has never been married in her life, and knew step by step everything that had to be done for the **** to go down smoothly. they've been preparing for this day forever.

so in the grand scheme of things, as long as my wife or at that point, my GF is doing what i want her to do, who cares. let her have her day. there is **** that she bends on that I want or like to do. this is the moment they haver been dreaming of and if she has worked her ass off to earn it, give it to her. give it to her all the way.

the fact that you are marrying her int he first place, atl east for me, it rewarding her for being such a kick ass companion and letting her know that hte feeeling was very much mutual. and ****, if i'm doing so that she can have her day and i'm doing it as a reward, **** don't half ass make her happy lol. make her happy. at least that's the way i see it. if i was honestly still worried about coming off as BETA or some ****,marriage would be the furthest thing from my mind with her. this is a woman who 2 weeks ago called me just to ask could she use our joint Amex card to take her girlfriends out for dinner, and wanted to confirm doing so would not **** up any business stuff i had going on becuase she grabbed the wrong purse and we keep a backup Amex in our glove compartment of our car(s). and had i said nope she would have brought her happy ass home without a peep. lol i'm not worried about getting on a knee or not makes me look Aflpha/beta. and

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Backbreaker said:
I mean, most men, do not have the slightest clue how much women look forward to being married. You know how we get together and go to football games and ****? women get together and go to weddings. they browse threw bridal magazines like we pick up sports magazines. My wife has never been married in her life, and knew step by step everything that had to be done for the **** to go down smoothly. they've been preparing for this day forever.
Women definitely feel that way about weddings, I'm not so sure they feel the same way about marriage. In a wedding, the bride is the center of attention, that's part of the appeal for them. Women dream about their wedding day all their lives, but the man might just be an incidental bit player in the scene.

There is an old saying "The wedding is for the woman, and the marriage is for the man" - meaning that in the old days a husband would have a wife to take care of him.

When it comes to marriage, these days when the hormones (read: excitement) wear off, there has to be a good reason for the woman to stay with her husband, or else she will get bored and her wandering eye might get the best of her.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great posts. I feel as though a man should never propose unless it's absolutely clear that the woman wants to get married. Letting her be the one to do and not giving her an immediate answer is ideal. This is pretty much the ultimate interest test, plus when you finally do say yes things like getting on one knee is unimportant. She won't even be thinking about a dramatic proposal because she'll just be relived that you finally said yes.

str8-2-BONEzone

Don Juan
Reaction score
i show my ALPHA im never a looser ;) dont need 2 give ring to propose just go str8 2 the bone zone!

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
"Well you saved my life now twice, so if you want to get married then I'll do it"

"Yes ok!!!"

----------------

"Do you remember on the hospital bed when you said you'd marry me?"

"I said what? Holy crap what did they do to me?"