Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hand aches/pains when using dumbells?

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem?

When doing flyes on a pec dec machine or bench press with a barbell my hands are absolutely fine, no pain whatsoever. When doing dumbell flyes or dumbell bench press however the ache in my hands is the limiting factor.

The pain in the hands builds up to too much and I have to stop way before the target muscles have reached failure.

I'm right handed and its mainly my left hand that hurts the most.
Have you ever had this issue with dumbells?
Do the hands adapt to the dumbells over time so you can reach failure with the target muscles?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure you don't have carpal tunnel: http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/physical-exam-for-carpal-tunnel-syndrome

Otherwise, it is probably just inflammation of some sort. "If it hurts, don't do it" sounds like a child's advice, but I have had very respected doctors tell that to me.

I know everyone seems to like weights better, but you might be able to do those exercises with the giant rubber band things by attaching them to a strap on your wrist. That would transfer the weight off your fingers and hand.