Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on losing Weight.

ericcharles

Reaction score
For the most part I am healthy. I have been hovering around 215-230 for a few years and I've been wanting to get down to a good weight and begin to lose weight. I work 45-70 hour weeks and often don't have time to do alot of things.
Where do I start with Eating plan for losing weight. What thing in eating will be helpful to me in losing fat.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight loss is a simple formula - you have to burn more calories than you consume. My suggestion would be to download an app like myfitnesspal or Loseit and begin logging all of your food. Reading the log will make it easy to spot where you can cut your caloric intake.

Exercise helps too, and will make you feel better. But remember you get skinny in the kitchen and fit in the gym.

Ps - I have lost 58lbs in the last 2yrs, and somewhat unconventionally. I would be happy to chat with you on what has worked for me if you would like.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to love a high fiber source of protein, for me that's beans. I want to write a diet called "The Bean Diet" where you can eat anything you want (well not really) as long as you eat a decent sized bowl of beans at lunch. It would be a one paragraph diet LOL, so probably not sellable.

If soaked, and once your body gets used to them, you won't fart any more than usual. What you will have is far less hunger and cravings of all types, easier time hitting your protein numbers, lower blood sugar spikes, a dirt cheap staple in your diet, an easy substitute for grains, chips, snacks and a strong fiber counter to the digestive upset problems associated with burning stored fat. Win all around. Some people hate em or just can't eat them without distress. To those people, I say give it a good try before giving up, they are that good. Black or dark beans are best, but all beans are good.

Doyle

Reaction score
Most medical and sports professionals recommend walking for a minimum of 30 minutes at least 3 to 5 days per week.For most individuals, a casual walk equates to approximately 150 calories burned per half hour. increase the number of days per week that you walk, and/or the duration of each walk. Consume a healthy, well-balanced diet in addition to your walking routine.Consider coupling a strength training routine with your walking routine. Use caution when walking with dumbbells or ankle weights.

best payday cash loans

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Lift heavy (3-5 rep max)
2. Drink a lot of water
3. Avoid junk food and sodas
4. If you're going to do cardio, go natural and avoid fitness machines.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EAT CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!! Seriously, cut out most processed foods and eat a lot of meat, vegetables, and fruit. It will take a little while but once the fat starts coming off, it comes off fast. Don't worry about taste and crap like that. The only thing food is to your body if fuel, and you want to take in the best fuel possible. So think of healthy food as high octane fuel for your body, and junk food as pouring sugar into your gas tank, its going to destroy your vehicle eventually. Also, find out what your BMR is and adjust it to meet what your daily activity is. You need to consume a certain amount of calories a day, and there are mathematical equations made to figure the calorie intake you need to eat to meet your goals. Also, drink nothing but water, cut out the rest of the liquid. Of course milk is good too, and coffee.

Next thing is to hurry up and start weight lifting. Start with the basic 3. Bench press, squats, and deadlifts. They will tax your system to the extreme and build muscle quickly. But.. make sure your form is strict, because you can injure yourself if you do not keep you form. The more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn by doing... absolutely nothing. Pay no attention to the scale when you start weightlifting because you will actually gain weight, muscle weight more then fat and at first you will get heavier, but it will balance out. As you go to the gym more and more you will add new exercises, but always continue doing the main three mixed in with the others. And, keep your workout to 45 minutes max. Any longer and you will have diminishing returns.

Also, heavy lifting is good to gain strength, but there is a more effective way of gaining muscle. Keep it in the 8 rep range. This is the rep range that builds the most muscle mass. Of course, I always throw in both. I start heavy as hell and go lighter with higher reps, effectively called pyramiding down with the weights. There is a guy at my gym that does nothing but lift heavy. He is 5'-6" and weights 160 lbs. He hardly looks like he lifts but he can squat 600 lbs. easy. He competes and doesn't want to gain muscles, so he just lifts super heavy all the time, 2 - 3 reps max.

Cardio is good, the main reason is it is the best exercise for your heart, and that is important. I do it about 2 times a week, and you want to do at least a 30 minute session to reap the full benefits from it. Don't get too stuck on cardio though, because it only causes you to lose weight while you are actively doing it, vs having more muscle mass burning more calories doing nothing. Also, doing too much cardio can hinder your muscle gaining ability because of all the calories you are burning for cardio. Your body needs calories to grow muscle.

Last edited:

HeyNow

Reaction score
Read Food Rules by Michael Pollan.

You have to quit eating almost everything with corn, flour and sugar.

Here's the diet:

Breakfast: fresh fruit, eat multiple pieces over the course of the morning. Eat one immediately when you wake up.

Eat lunch same time every day so your body is on a schedule. This helps reduce hunger.
Lunch: salad, feel free to add grilled steak or chicken. Dressing is extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. I use white wine vinegar a lot.

Dinner: steak, chicken, salmon, any fish and steamed or raw vegetables. The vegetables taste great with just Himalayan Sea Salt.

*Himalayan Sea Salt should always be available in your kitchen.

Snacks: fresh fruit, VitaMix smoothies without dairy, fresh vegetables and hummus, dark chocolate.

Exercise helps, but almost entirely diet. LoseIt is a Great app!

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat Less

Eat Cleaner

Start walking/jogging

Lighter weight for higher reps and short rest periods

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU said:
Weight loss is a simple formula - you have to burn more calories than you consume. My suggestion would be to download an app like myfitnesspal or Loseit and begin logging all of your food. Reading the log will make it easy to spot where you can cut your caloric intake.

Exercise helps too, and will make you feel better. But remember you get skinny in the kitchen and fit in the gym.

Ps - I have lost 58lbs in the last 2yrs, and somewhat unconventionally. I would be happy to chat with you on what has worked for me if you would like.

This is somewhat true, but the whole calorie is a calorie spiel is mostly BS.

Calories are not calories and never have been. Processed and unprocessed foods could contain the sane number of "calories" but the "net calories" you get from processed foods will be much much higher than with unprocessed foods. Why? Precisely because the body has no need to "process" processed foods. It takes a pretty significant chunk of calories to process food that is unprocessed. Proteins for instance use up 30% of their calories just to be broken down by the body. Foods high in in fiber have far fewer calories because fiber isn't digested by the body. This is not even discussing how various foods effect your hormone levels after eating them, especially on a daily basis. It also doesnt talk about how every person's body has foods it doesnt like based on individual body chemistry that when eaten cause inflammation and weight gain. It also doesn't discuss the sodium content of the food that can cause many pounds of water weight to be held in making you look bloated. It also doesn't take into account the foods effect on your gut bacteria which is significantly altered based on what you eat and has been shown to be extremely important in weight loss...ie, the bacteria's effects on our bodies and hormones might be the reason and not the food...

This is a small sample of things that calories alone don't account for, and anyone that clings to this calorie is a calorie nonsense is akin to proclaiming the world is flat.

Tomo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The others have provided the general gist of things so I'll just add tips here and there.

1) Mental preparation: I've seen so many people say they want to lose weight for years on end and never do it. If you are serious then you better commit. It's going to mean walking past the family or out with friends pigging out on KFC or Maccas and being able to turn them down.

2) If you do not have much time, try to include coincedental activity in your day. Take the stairs, walk to work - those kind of things that will make you do physical activity when you normally would not.

3) MOST definately aim to eat as clean as you can. Cut out all the processed stuff. It's surprising how good natural food can taste with a bit of culinary creativity and a good lunchbox you can bring to work.

4) drink lots of water. many a times, you're actually thirsty and not hungry. I even do a few cups before dinner (I remember a study showed) to reduce my hunger or eating because I honestly eat like a sumo wrestler.

5) Be brave enough to tell people of your change. The more people know the more rep you will have to uphold. I found it's a good thing to push me and at the same time coincedentally, inspire others.

6) find fitness buddies. You're gonna succeed more likely if you got a support base and a friend in the same situation always calling each other talking crap about how much calories you'd just eaten :rolleyes:

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some more

Write down everything you eat and review at the end of the day, again at the end of the week. Once you get in this habit, it's second nature and you will be amazed how much stuff you avoid because you don't want to write "cinnamon roll" on your food journal. LOL. There is some kind of strange power involved in seeing what you eat written down that motivates you to make changes. Show to family/friend weekly so they can laugh at the bad stuff you ate or give a compliment for a good week.

If you have a sweet/junk tooth, and just have to have a sweet every now and then like me. Eat a few spoonfuls, then THROW THE REST AWAY. Don't eat it all out of habit. Eat only until the sugar craving subsides then DITCH THE REST. Sweets and fast food are exempt from the "don't waste food" rule IMO. Waste it. Never let the habit of chewing, eating control your big brain when there is a sweet or processed food in your hand. The very instant the craving is done, after a spoon or two, trash the rest. I love Dairy Queen cheeseburgers, but what I found is that I love only the FIRST THREE BITES, then good ole eating habit takes over and I don't even realize I'm eating the rest. I get 90% of the benefit of that junky taste from those bites. So I toss the rest.

Get a food scale and use it until you can eyeball accurate portions. Most people underestimate how big the portions they eat are v healthy portions, such as 8oz, 4oz, 1/2 cup, etc.

Don't weigh every day, once a week at most, maybe less.

Get to know spices, ginger, cumin, curry, hot sauce, chili powder, cinnamon, paprika, rosemary, many more. Anything you can make tasty with mayo, butter, excess oil, ketchup, sugar, can be made just as tasty with low calorie condiments like mustard and spices.

To repeat BEANS! Darker the better. Buy huge bags of pinto and black beans, cook big batches and freeze. 1. Wash beans. 2. Soak in too much water over night. 3. Discard soak water and bring to boil in fresh water with 1 tbsp olive oil. 4. Turn down to medium low simmer, stir every hour. 5. Done when beans are soft, 2-4 hours. 6. Season and salt only when near done. Experiment with seasonings until you get them tasting so good you look forward to eating them. Easy. Cheap. Protein. Fiber. Cook enough and you don't have to do it but twice a month, but it's really no hassle even done more. If you can replace all grain and esp processed products in your diet with beans, that single change may be enough to lose 1-2 pounds a week due to the fiber, protein and fullness factors.

Get a nonstick wok and learn to stirfry, a kid can do it, takes less than ten minutes. 1 tbsp olive or peanut oil, high heat, chop onion toss in, chop chicken toss in, then sky's the limit, you can toss anything and the kitchen sink in there, sweet potato, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, green beans, peanuts, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, almonds, fruit. Long cooking veg like baby carrot or potato can be nuked for 2-3 minutes then tossed in. Soy sauce and spices to taste, done in under ten minutes, wok cleans right out. Once you get a couple weeks eating real food, fast food will make you retch.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Breville makes a nice wok. I got my gf one for Christmas one year. My mom borrowed it and didn't want to give it back.

Home gardening is on track to become a lost art form. Anyone with a balcony can get started growing at least some of their own food. Automate the irrigation if you're too busy to tend it. The average suburban backyard could produce enough vegetables to feed a family - many of them did for a long time many years ago. But now we waste water and fertilizer to make lawns green instead.

Health and flavor go together, and the best-tasting food is what you have just picked yourself. Most people don't know what a tomato is supposed to taste like. Believe it or not, even iceberg lettuce is supposed to have flavor, just not the iceberg that you can buy, unless maybe from a farmer's market. Farm eggs are much better; they have omega-3 when the chickens have natural diets. A farm chicken, baked with a handful of fresh rosemary, tastes better than any meal I've ever been able to buy. Produce tastes good when the soil is healthy; livestock, dairy, and eggs all taste good when the animal has the best, most natural diet possible. It stands to reason for me that the produce that tastes the absolute best would be the healthiest for us to eat.

mantishugo

Reaction score
Since you don't get enough time to do workout I suggest you should focus on the quality of your meals you consume everyday. Your food must include three things -

1. Salads
2. Fruits
3. Green Vegetables (Boiled)

Don't consume sugary drinks or coffee at your workplace. Drink plenty of water and do little bit of workout whenever you get some time off from your work.

austinflorey

Reaction score
the best way to stay healthy is the regular exercise and meditation. with this, if fruits were taken regularly, you will be healthy enough.
online pokie machines

Last edited: