Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is that true that rumor about sodas and coke being dangerous on your bones?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heard many times about how coke and sodas harm bones and their ability to uptake calcium, is there any truth in that?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guess I'll quit the light coke and move to the sprite zero, did I get it right the fact that only colas have phosphoric acid?

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
I thought it was phosphoric acid pulls the calcium out of your bones or something.

"Phosphoric acid, a major component in most sodas, may be to blame, according to lead study author Katherine Tucker, PhD.

Phosphorus itself is an important bone mineral. But if you're getting a disproportionate amount of phosphorus compared to the amount of calcium you're getting, that could lead to bone loss."

http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/features/soda-osteoporosis

compleks

Don Juan
Reaction score
cole and sodas are dangerous for everything. Quit drinking it.

Also, "zero" is potentially even worse. Those artificial sweeteners have been linked to all sorts of bad things. Being a relatively new product we still don't know the full extent of how they react with our body.
Best to avoid completely.

Drink water, or fresh juice if you need something sweet.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are among the worst things you could put in your body period. Bones, waistline, overall health---you name it and it destroys it

eliza86

Reaction score
Yes, the high phosphoric acid content ruins the structure of your bones and teeth. Kind off eats them from the inside out. A tooth left to sit in soda will be almost completely dissolved through if left over night.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't cola contain aspartame? Controversial but some people look at it as a dangerous substance to health.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eliza86 said:
A tooth left to sit in soda will be almost completely dissolved through if left over night.
That is absurd. You are telling me if i sit around drinking soda while playing video games all night that my teeth will be nocticeably smaller in the morning.

Do your teeth not have enamel or something? They say this same sort of crap about acidic coffee but after 10 years of half a pot every workday I am still waiting for my teeth to wither away or even produce a cavity.

Espi said:
I mean just think about it:

People use Coke to erode car battery acid buildup.

No thanks!

That is so terribly simplistic you could apply that kind of thing to nearly anything you eat. My stomach acid would eat through things. Meat will rot inside you! Do you want to be a bacteria farm!

Who Dares Win said:
Heard many times about how coke and sodas harm bones and their ability to uptake calcium, is there any truth in that?
Your bones aren't going to get more brittle when you regularly have a bar loaded with 400 lbs on your back. Ok so soda "harms" calcium uptake. Enough to make any discernible difference? Do the studies cover athletes who regularly eat proper diets rich in calcium? I'd wager you are still far better off as a man who regularly loads his skeletal system and puts a demand on his body to have thicker bones than some shmuck runner who carefully obsesses over avoiding an occassional soda.

Is there some sort of brittle bone epidemic going on that I don't know about? The only time you ever really hear about bone health is concerning older women and osteoporosis. Do you ever hear a peep about the fat video game nerds having bone issues after night after night of gallons of mountain dew?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've started drinking less soda and more fruit juice. A juicer is becoming my best friend :lol:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I very rarely consume "pop" during the entire year. I believe pop/soda is worse than liquor for the most part lol.