Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Home-Workouts

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So the gym I have been hitting up closed last month. Since then I haven't joined a new gym. My reasoning being that all the other local gyms rope you into a 12 month contract and I am moving to Australia for a year in October so can't really commit.

I still go to the gym once/twice a week I just pay as I go now and have been going with a friend who is training to become a personal trainer.

However I have started doing some home-workouts. There's a steel girder in my garage which is perfectly placed in the wall to let me do pull-ups/chin-ups, plus I got myself a yoga matt to provide some comfort for push-ups ab work etc. i do all my home-workouts in the garden.

Just wondering if any of you guys have tried this sort of program out before and if it helped you? That you go to the gym once or twice a week and then do 3/4 home workouts a week all bodyweight exercises.

I ask because I am still trying to put on weight. I'm only 150 pounds at 5"10 and this is the most I've ever weighed. I get the feeling that this type of exercise isn't really going to help me make the gains, no matter how much of a calorie surplus I have.

Thanks in advance for any-insight.

Gunner

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get an army duffelbag and some sand, and make your own sandbag. Search online for some of those workouts--they are brutal.

You can do bodyweight exercises, they can be effective as long as you do them intensely enough...think circuits with little to no rest in between

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love me a good chest super set at home. Start with pushups with slow controlled form and do them as many times as you can before slowing down / strugling. Then immediately lay on your back and start doing dumbbell flys with slow controlled form and as before, when you start struggling ,switch, this time to dumbbell press. Nice and slow all the way

You are doing this with lower weight then you do regularly, 3-5 minute rest between sets and you do 4-8 of them.

This is killer I assure you.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be honest with you guys here, the only equipment I have is a pull-up bar and a roll-matt. I don't have any dumbells, sandbags or anything like that. My home-workouts are strictly bodyweight. I'm talking burpees, squat jump burpees, press-ups, pull-ups that sort of stuff.

Blind_one I do a variation of that routine when I do hit chest day at the gym, except I start with the dumbell press and finish with press-ups. I love a good super-set.

Marmel that's what I thought, real intense bodyweight routines. Today I did 50 burpees, 50 squats 50 sit ups. Then 40 of each, 30 of each etc down to 10 of each as fast as I could. It was tough.

Cheers boys

Gunner