Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Greatest Journal of All Time

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Evening Gentlemen. I am Shrub, aspiring DJ.
I am 16 years old, 153lbs 6ft tall and sexy as sh!t.
I am keeping this journal mainly for accountablity reasons, I feel that if I have other people involved with my goals and ambitions will help me not skip over them. I have kept (multiple) journals in the past, but I always sort of gradually abondon it over time. Ideally, I will update this journal everyday.

I've been reading up on the Don Juan lifestyle, and now, since the planets have aligned according to scripture, it is time to implement your teachings into my lifestyle.
Now of course, I am not doing this for women. I am doing this for myself, and no one but. I have outlined my long term and short term goals below:

1. Short Term

• Get an A in all my Classes
  • Become a Don Juan
  • Maximize my and expand my confidence levels
  • Destroy my comfort zone. The world is my comfort zone.
  • Get a job and add rigor to my life

2. The Ultimate Goal

• Become an accomplished physicist

I love physics, it is my passion. I want to make a career out of it. I want to advance humankind. My name will be in history textbooks one day. But before I change others, I must change myself.

I believe there are three fundamental components of every person, Mental, Social and Physical. Perfection in each area leads to the perfect harmony of mind, body and soul. Accepted and loved by others, self-assured by mental and physical confidence, and refined morals and ethics.
Now, naturally, I do not think many people are perfect in all areas. I'm sure you know people who are smart, but not very sociable or athletic and vice versa.

I am sure you have weak points. I certainly do. Naturally, I am good mentally, but I lack physically and socially.
For the longest time, I would prefer to read rather than go to a party and I started going to the gym regularly 6 months ago. I used to think I could get by without having to talk much or exercise. I was wrong.

So, to achieve perfection, I have created this

1. Mental

• Read Everyday, at least one hour
  • Refine my mathematics
  • Play my instrument
  • Abstinence
  • Stop procrastinating
2. Physical

• Goto gym at least 3 days a week
  • Build running stamina
  • Lift weights
3. Social

• Complete DJ exercises (Boot Camp)
  • Smile more
  • Control what I say, I have a bad habit of droning, and saying things before I think them through. Words are like gold, the less there is the more it's worth
  • Destroy my comfort zone. The world is my comfort zone.
  • Conquer anxiety
  • Tame confidence

It's difficult to implement all of this from day one, but I have been working at most of it up until now. I am going to slowly add all of these goals into my daily life, so it become routine and over time, I will weed out these flaws and become stronger.

Sorry for the long first post, but I had a lot on my mind, and now I can begin.
Tonight marks the beginning of my journey of self-improvement and my quest for perfection

Last edited by a moderator:

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this.

The Soul doesnt quite fit into the Mental, Social, and Physical idea. It's more of a category of its own, one in which I dont think morals can be subdivided into either. Perhaps ethics on the fringe of it.

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
I like this.

The Soul doesnt quite fit into the Mental, Social, and Physical idea. It's more of a category of its own, one in which I dont think morals can be subdivided into either. Perhaps ethics on the fringe of it.
Your journal is really inspiring, It's amazing how long you've maintained it. I hope one day this post will be of that caliber

I suppose my philosophies do need more work. But I think Soul is not an individual component of itself, but rather the sum of all other components, so it is not fundamental like the physical, mental and social attributes.

I classified ethics, morals, judgement, will etc under mental, but I understand why moral can be classified in a category by itself.

If you are interested or haven't already, I recommend reading Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography. To me, he is the epitome of my philosophy. He was an accomplished statesmen, athletically sound, scientist, and generally a great guy. Not to mention smart. He has a chapter where he himself outlined his plans for "Achieving Moral Perfection".

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shrub77 said:
Your journal is really inspiring, It's amazing how long you've maintained it. I hope one day this post will be of that caliber

I suppose my philosophies do need more work. But I think Soul is not an individual component of itself, but rather the sum of all other components, so it is not fundamental like the physical, mental and social attributes.

I classified ethics, morals, judgement, will etc under mental, but I understand why moral can be classified in a category by itself.

If you are interested or haven't already, I recommend reading Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography. To me, he is the epitome of my philosophy. He was an accomplished statesmen, athletically sound, scientist, and generally a great guy. Not to mention smart. He has a chapter where he himself outlined his plans for "Achieving Moral Perfection".
Much appreciated. My journal is the most important thing I have now, it's invaluable.

You'll see that your beliefs change as you grow. Just keep an open mind for everything new. I might give it a read.

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 0

Woke up at 8:45 this morning. Trying to get into the habit of sleeping at 10 and waking at 6-6:30 everyday. This way I get my eight hours and discipline. I never really had a problem with over sleeping, but I do have a problem with showing up to class on time. Last year I was late almost every morning, luckily my teacher wasn't too strict.

Did most of my calc homework in the morning. Calc is my lowest grade (C+), even though, ironically, it is my favourite class. I've made it a point to spend extra time reading up on it. I have really poor studying habits. My teacher is a really smart guy, and I have learnt alot from him. He has really been challenging. I talked to my friends from other schools who take the same class as I do, they all have high A's in class and say there teacher gives really easy problems. My teacher likes to push our bounds, I am not sure many people have A's in his class. I think if I can get an A in his class I will not only become a better mathematician but also a better person. I used to be really quick with mental calculations and such, but I have noticed these days, my abilities have dulled. Means I should practice more.

I read for about 2 hours today. I am reading Catch 22, it's a great book. I enjoy reading satire. But for the majority of the day, I played videogames, and wasted time on the Internet. I really am trying to cut down on the time I spend playing games, it's not a hobby, just time-wasting. I'm thinking of making model airplanes or electronics as a hobby, just don't have any money right now. I'm going to apply to some more jobs tomorrow.

I also did not go to the gym today. Not good, I am going to go tomorrow morning. Here's what I am going to do tomorrow:

1. Go to the Gym
2. Get a haircut
3. Goto the library(It's quiet and I can study properly)
4. Leave my house and do something, anything

I am trying to add more outings and social stuff to my life, I have the tendency to live the life of a hermit. I have an interesting dilemma with social stuff. I have like zero stage fright, nervosa, none of that. I can and have get up on stage and say what ever I want and the crowd loves me. Hell, I rapped to crowds of 100+ and people still compliment me on it.
But when it comes to meeting new people or hanging one on one, I don't really go into it "whole heatedly". Like I judge my actions, cautious, restrained etc. But if I know the crowd, if I am comfortable, I am the center of attention.
Last summer, during the month of July, I went to a one month residential school. I met people that shared the same interests as me, and everyone there was amazing. Like 150 of the smartest kids from all over my state. I quite literally became the most popular kid there. Not like, I had lots of friends popular, but people thought I was hilarious, all round cool guy popular. I was that guy. People told me I was their topics of conversation. I was really popular with girls too, never had that before. I got quite a few phone numbers.

After that experience, I realized I can be that guy again. He is inside. He can be me all the time. He is me. I am him.
So, in essence, I have no trouble with seducing groups of people, it's individuals, particularly girls, that I need to work on.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shrub77 said:
I read for about 2 hours today. I am reading Catch 22, it's a great book. I enjoy reading satire. But for the majority of the day, I played videogames, and wasted time on the Internet. I really am trying to cut down on the time I spend playing games, it's not a hobby, just time-wasting.
I don't get this, why would you want to rid yourself of a fun way to spend your time

as long as you aren't putting off better things to do with your time(meaning, don't miss a party because you just got assassin's creed 4) then there's no need to shy away from it

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
devilkingx2 said:
I don't get this, why would you want to rid yourself of a fun way to spend your time

as long as you aren't putting off better things to do with your time(meaning, don't miss a party because you just got assassin's creed 4) then there's no need to shy away from it
Because you can do so many great things with that time, you just don't realize it because you're busy spending your time like that.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
Because you can do so many great things with that time, you just don't realize it because you're busy spending your time like that.
video games ARE a great thing to do with that time.

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1

Woke up at 8:30. Finished homework, ate, sat with family. Didn't do much today, played videogames, read, sat around, lazy sunday. Looking for a job so I can remain productive over the weekends and to get some cash.

That's my problem. I have trouble keeping track of time, one hour soon becomes five. I used to put off my homework just so I could play. It's a problem for me. Perhaps when I am more mature, I can return to them. Right now, they are hurting me. And besides, the time I spend playing games, I can use advancing some skill or productive hobby.

I went to the gym today, I ran for 20 minutes, light jog. I'm starting strength training, I am not a very muscular guy, I am a thin bony type. Benched 90lbs today and did some chinups. I forgot to do squats, I will do them on tuesday/wednesday.

Tomorrow starts my Don Juan bootcamp. Will be fun. I'm going to read the guide tonight before I sleep. Tomorrow is also track tryouts. Shouldn't be that hard to make the team

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
shrub77 said:
And besides, the time I spend playing games, I can use advancing some skill or productive hobby.
That is very true. Entertainment is a great way to relax but sometimes the need and desire to do something productive with our lives is more compelling. Now that is not to say games, movies and sports are useless to us. In fact, there are many things each of them can teach you. Movies for instance, always spur up my imagination and sometimes they open up my mind to new ways of thinking (particular true with documentaries). Games, if you are playing strategy, cause you to think about tactics and cooperation (if you are playing with others).

The bottom line is: do what is fun for YOU.

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2

Will try to keep this one short; don't have access to a proper keyboad
Made it to class on time today. Good start. I had a quiz in calculus and physics. Not really feeling too good about them. My calc teacher has a fetish for trigonometry, and I studied it but today he gave us absurd natural log problems. I really should stop slacking in calc. Physics, I missed a day, and didn't pick up what I missed. Not good. It really sucks, I'm lacking motivation, it's something I've been missing for a long time.

I had history today. It's stupidly easy, don't even regard it. Don't have to take notes and can pull 100s on tests, so it's all good.

Track tryouts were postponed, so tomorrow.

Didn't really make eye contact with 50 strangers today. Doing it in high school is weird, nobody looks back, and it feels awkward since i know them somewhat . I can do it fine with complete strangers. Should work on that. I also think I should smile more and keep my back/posture straight. I have a bit of a hunch. People say I am always expressionless/emotionless. I do feel detached, all the time. Like an objective examiner. I did the 50 stranger thing once last month. I actually felt really good that week, honestly the best I've felt in years. Something happened, can't remember what, but I screwed something up really bad and basically lost all progress.

Perhaps this time I can bring back and expand on that happiness

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Blistex said:
That is very true. Entertainment is a great way to relax but sometimes the need and desire to do something productive with our lives is more compelling. Now that is not to say games, movies and sports are useless to us. In fact, there are many things each of them can teach you. Movies for instance, always spur up my imagination and sometimes they open up my mind to new ways of thinking (particular true with documentaries). Games, if you are playing strategy, cause you to think about tactics and cooperation (if you are playing with others).

The bottom line is: do what is fun for YOU.
Drinking is fun, but if you do it too much, you're an alcoholic. Likewise, I've had a bit too much fun. To the point where i'd skip out on important things and miss my homework. For me, right now, cutting down will be helpful. Though you're right. Videogames actually taught alot of history, science and such. I used to read about stuff i saw in games when i was little. Like if i played a ww2 game, i'd read books on ww2.

In the end though, you have to find a balance. I'm still trying to find my balance.

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 3

Woke up at 6:30, came to class on time. Pop quiz in calculus today. We have a small class(like 18 people) A few kids were skipping the quizzes purposely and I think it pissed our teacher off, so he gave us a pop quiz about what we learned yesterday to punish the kids who skipped. Of course, it punished everyone. I got the hard stuff right, but the easy stuff I screwed up. Go figure. Otherwise, pretty decent day.

I wrote a virus in my computer science class. It was with the Ackermann function if you're curious. It was for a assignment our teacher gave us, she's pretty cool. English, mostly slept, but I was talked to this one guy, I suppose you'd classify him as a "jerk". I was being generally friendly, we were talking about the girls in our class. There's one who he apparently banged, and as he was talking, I started thinking, it can't be really that hard. I guess my problem is that I don't honestly care that much about other people or getting girlfriends and such. I guess that's the masterbation talking. I might bang this girl, don't know, she's really boring to talk too, but she has a great body.

Anyway, went to track tryouts today. Wasn't bad. I wasn't the best, but wasn't the worst. It was alright. On the difficult side, but I powered through. It was cold as **** though, my d!ck shrunk, like in that seinfeld episode. I'm tired, going to sleep early. Thinking about meditation and cold showers in the morning. I've notice if I don't plan my day, I don't do anything,
So for tomorrow:

1. Wake up at 6
2. Get to class on time
3. Don't be retarded
4. Dress properly
5. EyeContacts and hellos
6. Do good during tryouts
7. Study for Calc & physics
8. Read for an hour at least
9. Be a winner & **** b*tches

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 4

Woke up at 640. Made it to class on time. Took cold shower. Not bad. Basically failed both quizzes I took yesterday in calc and physics. I spent today reviewing them. Not too eventful today.

Made track team, even though i got a ****ty 800m time. Legs are sore.
I've noticed that I really don't feel like playing videogames anymore. Just don't seem compelling enough. I studied for lots of calc today.

Tomorrow will be a Busy day for me. Let's see how it goes.

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 5

Woke up at 640. Made it to class on time though. Pretty generic day. I didn't go to track today because I had a scholastic bowl meet. Came home pretty late so I still have to do my physics homework. After the meet, I was hanging out in the parking lot waiting for my ride and this girl who was on my team started talking to me. She could've driven her self home but she said she just wanted to wait till i left. She thinks I'm a d!ck, so I'm pretty sure she's attracted to me. I'm not attracted to her, so I didn't kino or anything, probably going to use her as social practice. I'm upset because I haven't really been doing the 50 strangers thing. But I have been making eye contact more. I think I'm going to give another week of eye contact and confidence boosters and then head into boot Camp week 2.
Also been a week of nofap. Feels good

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Woah did not update in nearly 4 days.

Friday really messed me up. Relapsed like a *****, didn't do **** all weekend. Just sort of went into a depression. I do not even understand why. The worst I think is over. This always happens to me, when ever I start something, I can never follow it through. I have thanksgiving break tomorrow, I am going to make the most of it.
Damn this feels bad. If you have been holding yourself back on bad activites, one little taste and you binge like a mother****er. God damn

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is it, Day 13?

I feel like I have been stranded on an island for years and have only just been rescued. The last 9 days have been a blur. No progress, 0 productivity. Sh!t, I think I might have even gone backwards.

Well, That's all behind me now. Going to continue my quest. Going to get better. I have been reading the DJ Bible again, great stuff and really revitalizing my spirit. I think I am ready to start begin stage 2. Basically just start flirting, purposely friendzone myself etc. I used to disregard flirting. I used to think I would be bothering her or interrupting her or wasting her time. Now I realized she should be honored to even have me in her presence, let alone flirt with her. Infact, flirting with her is a waste of MY time, I could be doing so much better, unless of course she convinces me otherwise

I was recalling some events from memory, and now I realized how many times women actually approached me, and each time I denied them, simply because I am a clueless mother****er.

The most recent happened not too long ago. I was entertaining a group of friends, when some b!tch interrupts me and starts talking about how her friend likes me or some bullsh!t like that. She was trying to make it some romantic mystery crap. I am pretty sure she was being sincere, I mean, what girl doesn't like me? Right so, I looked at her for a second, and said "Ok" expressionless and emotionless, and continued entertaining my friends as if nothing happened. A few minutes later she comes up to again and asks do you want to see her/know who she is/talk to her. I looked at her and said "I don't really care" and continued same as before. I doubt she was expecting that sort of response, bet she thought I'd be all interested. I really hate when girls send their friends to me, if a girl doesn't have the confidence to come up to me and ask straight up, why the **** would I even consider her? These fvcking games man.
Anyway, my friends took notice of my actions. Pretty sure I got badass points in their books from the way the were responding.

That event was good encouragement. But apart from women, I need to get myself together again, so tomorrow I will:

1. Get to class on time, Wake up at 600
2. Ace that calc quiz
3. Turn in all my work
4. Talk to/flirt/make friends with a girl. That's right. Turning on the ol' shrub charm
5. Read some more
6. Smile more and body language

shrub77 said:
Books I recommend:

How to win friends and influence people. Timeless classic, really made me a better person and how I deal with others

48 Laws to Power by Robert Greene. Same as above. Gives you a backbone

DJ bible. Duh.

Ben Franklin's autobiography. Kind of dated but still is relevant. Really any autobiography is good, they allow you to really learn from another person

Siddhartha. You'll like it. Trust me

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. Not really necessary, but a fun series to read. Really gave me perspective about life.

And Also, take the time to read any book on a subject you're interested in. You like history? Read a book on it. Math? Get some books.

The books I listed should be read not once, but periodically. One tends to forget their lessons.
Read those if you haven't

My list as of now:
1. Catch 22
2. Analects
3. Poor Richard
4. win friends and Influence people (Again)

Going to finish those this month
I'll try not to fail so hard this time.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
I really am trying to cut down on the time I spend playing games, it's not a hobby, just time-wasting.
You are doing everything ass backwards... take it from a guy who's been in the game since you were born. (now married)

DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR HOBBIES FOR WOMEN.

That is the most anti-game thing you can do. Keep doing what you like doing, keep 'being yourself' and add game and RED PILL to your lifestyle. You want a decent woman? You're not going to find her in the West.

Instead of reading that garbage book list, read rooshv.com, happierabroad.com and all of the stuff in the DJ-Bible. You are fast tracking to become an over-opinionated douche bag.

Want something useful to read? The Alchemist or The Secret

Read Tony Robbins... winning friends and influencing people? Learn game or the 44 laws of power.

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
playing games aint the best hobby you could have

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
You are doing everything ass backwards... take it from a guy who's been in the game since you were born. (now married)

DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR HOBBIES FOR WOMEN.

That is the most anti-game thing you can do. Keep doing what you like doing, keep 'being yourself' and add game and RED PILL to your lifestyle. You want a decent woman? You're not going to find her in the West.

Instead of reading that garbage book list, read rooshv.com, happierabroad.com and all of the stuff in the DJ-Bible. You are fast tracking to become an over-opinionated douche bag.

Want something useful to read? The Alchemist or The Secret

Read Tony Robbins... winning friends and influencing people? Learn game or the 44 laws of power.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I truly cherish any feedback from a man with centuries of experience such as yourself. I will be sure to add the articles/books you recommend to my reading list.

Now, if you'd be so kind as to honor a peasant like me with your regal attention, I'd just like to point out that this journal's main focus was never (and never will be) geared towards the attraction of women. The point was to better my life, in all areas. Women are a mere byproduct.

As for videogames, I never, ever, regarded them as a hobby. Like I said before, they are an addiction. I used to skip out on parties, not do my homework and do general anti-social things because I would rather play videogames. For me, they are harmful, and since I have dropped them, my life has made a 180.

Though it may seem like an alien concept to you, I do enjoy reading for pleasure. Some people refer to it as a "hobby"