Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

the rational male

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I just received my copy of this book. For those of you guys that already read this book, what did you think? Did the book help increase your game?

Dgwizdal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have not read it but I follow rollo very closely. I know that the book is very "sosuavish" if you will so some of it might be redundant to what you have leaned here. Not necessarily a bad thing by any means. Rollo more or less lays the facts out for you and then it is up to you to decide how to use the knowledge rather than him creating a step by step template. The rest of the tools you need will be found here or at CH. Rollo is definately a big player in helping players understand why things work the way they do so you can use game effectively and fluently.

On a related note: if you have not checked out the recent 4 part series on rationalmale titled "preventive medecine" - it is absolutely a must read and easily some of Rollo's best work. It will either be the driving force behind his second book or a minibook of its own.

It is the holy grail of understanding hypergamy And the different stages of a woman's hamster as she progresses through life.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh.

The only pickup type book Ive ever read close to fully was Double Your Dating by David Deangelo. This is what got me interested in these type of forums. I downloaded it. And initially I did by into a lot of what the guy said. However, as I got more experience, I realized all of these books have right and wrong in them.

What I did like about David's book was that a lot of it was about inner game...self confidence. The book didnt overly focus on debatable evo-psych theories that a lot of other books have. There are plenty of books about pickup and male-female dynamics nowadays. So many guys have written up books in paper or e-books. The message is pretty much the same nowadays...and has changed in tone from what guys like David Deangelo started.

Some people may dislike him because they feel hes a scammer who made a lot of money off unlucky guys. Others may dislike the fact that hes now settled down and married to a woman he seems to care about a lot. Others may dislike the weird hippie-like party culture him and his wife as into. And others may hate on him because of the bisexual rumors. And plenty of folks consider him a fraud based on the fact that many have said hes a very bland dude in real life, and doesnt really kill it with the ladies.

Despite all that, that guy was the one who got me and many other dudes into this universe. And his method was about improving ourselves, without all the negative bullcrap and whining you get from many forums...and without overly focusing on evo-psych theories. His book had a good positive tone.

But like I said, it has its ups and downs, its rights and wrongs. I think any book on this subject matter is no different. So go ahead and enjoy your newly purchased book, and take whatever positive out of it that you can.

The best thing that helped me wasnt the book. I didnt read it all word for word. I got the jist of it...and started reading various dating material, forums, etc...didnt matter if they were made for men or women. I sought to understand people in general. By doing that, gaining dating experience, and strengthening my confidence and backbone, Ive made tons of progress.

Best of luck.

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan, so you didn't even read the Rational Male and you're bashing it? Come on dude.

I bought it a few weeks ago and it has opened up a whole new world regarding male/female dynamics. It has helped my game immensely from a "big-picture" perspective, rather than interaction to interaction. Now I understand female hypergamy, the feminine imperative and a few other interesting topics on a very deep level.

In terms of picking up chicks, it helps you find out the real motivations behind a girl hanging out with you.

Double Your Dating is great for tips on how to become confident/inner game/outer game/conversation/kissing. The Rational Male explains why females value these things in order to find the best mate. Honestly, the two are ENTIRELY different.

DYD teaches you how to be good with women. Rational Male teaches you the how and why of female dating strategy.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How am I bashing it? Based on all the reviews of the book, it doesnt differ much from anything in the PUA community or manosphere. All you really need can be found in forums and blogs. Its all rehashed information thats been around since the online PUA community began over a decade ago. Its info that men started talking about even before that.

How am I wrong?

Considering the fact that you are only 23, I can see why you would have those "ah-ha" moments. I did too at your age as I was still finding my way. Im more grounded now and with all the reading Ive done of different manosphere and PUA stuff, Ive seen that much of the stuff doesnt differ from one another. There are staples of thought that are found in each forum, blog, book, etc. However, despite all of the reading Ive done, the only book I ever came close to reading in full was double your dating. How much reading have you done outside of Rollo's book?

Can you tell me what about it is any new or different from what gets spoken of here and on other forums? Like I told the OP...take what good you can from the book...but this stuff isnt revolutionary and has been talked about for years. Its just that plenty of guys repackage the info and put their own spin on it often. If you needed to buy a book to learn all of what you have...then good for you.

Im merely telling OP my experience with PUA and manosphere writings...and Im telling him to find his own way, and that there will be right and wrong in the information he finds. And that he should simply take what good he finds, piece it together, gain more dating experience and grow as a person. And his reading shouldnt be limited to stuff written by males. Much can be learned from female writings...be they books, blogs, or forums. Its good to get an understanding from both sides of the coin.