Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rookie Mistakes | Need Help with My Game

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
New member here. Would appreciate some advice. I've read many articles here and have a basic understanding of game. Started reading material after I separated from my wife and felt like I needed to get better at meeting women and seducing them.

There's so much info out there that sometimes it feels contradictory. Some stuff I've read suggests moving quickly, letting her know you are interested early, etc. Other websites suggest taking your time and building rapport.

These were my two most recent failures (both girls are co-workers).

Girl #1 HB7
This girl started working at my company a few months back. There was an incident where her phone was stolen from her office by some client. She called me for advice wanting to know if she should call security. I'm the manager. Told her to call security and to give me a description of the guy who was in her office. Went outside to see if I could catch up to the guy and get her phone back. Long story short I did see the guy and was able to get the phone back. Told him we had everything on video and that if he didn't want any problems with the police to just hand me the phone. He did.

She was extremely happy when I returned with the phone. She gave me a bunch of hugs and said she didn't know how to pay me back. Told her she could pay me back by inviting me for drinks. She said yes. We exchanged numbers. In the following days we texted back and forth. She would take long to reply and so I did the same. She did tell me in a text that she has a bf but that she would go to a bar with me after work no problem. I went along with it. The day came and she texted saying a girlfriend of hers had a rough week and wanted to come, could she bring her. I didn't like this at all but told her it was ok and went. Felt like canceling the whole thing but I saw it as an opportunity to learn (haven't been out with many girls/married young and wasn't very social then). I thought to myself if I can handle 2 girls at the same time then this will be good practice for future dates with other girls. Things went well at the bar. I felt I did ok. She mentioned the bf a couple of times and I didn't react to that, kept acting like I didn't even hear it.

A few days later I texted her trying to set up a date with her (us alone). Told her she seems cool and is beautiful and so I wanted to go out with her to get to know her better. She replied that she is happy in her current relationship and that she would go out for lunch with me but as friends. I said ok but never set up anything.

After that we kept texting each other. She is the first to start texting some days. Her bf is away out of the country. She invited me for drinks again. I said yes but then canceled because she kept talking about her bf in her texts. They apparently are having issues. I think I'm in the stupid friend zone. She texts me about other stupid stuff that women to talk to friends about.

Right now she's out of town visiting the bf. She didn't tell me but I get the sense this trip is a save it or end it kind of trip. Like she wants to know if the relationship should end. I think she wants to have me as backup if things go sour or maybe she's starting to like me. Not sure. She texted me while at the bar in the airport waiting to board the plane. I don't know if this are IOIs or she's just texting me as a friend. I don't feel like hanging around and wasting my time in case she breaks up with the bf. I've never had a female friend. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for social value/building a network? Not sure how to proceed with this one but my gut says I should let it go. Don't make sense.

Girl #2 HB7
This girl is very social and charismatic. One of those girls with whom is hard to tell if they are just being friendly or they like you. I liked her since I saw her. She's attractive (blonde). We talked a few times while making copies in the office and stuff like that. After coming back from a one week vacation she went to my office (she works in a different area) to chit chat and ask where I traveled to and stuff like that. I saw some interest from her there and thought maybe I should ask her for her number and give it a shot. I didn't ask then. Two weeks later she tells me she's being moved to another building and says bye to me. I asked for her number and said we should stay in touch maybe hang out sometime grab some dinner. She was kind of surprised but gave me the number. I didn't feel she was too open to that but hey I got the number so I texted her a week or so later.

First text I sent her she replied saying who's this because she had changed phone and lost all numbers. I told her who I was and we started texting. Asked her how things were going at the new location. She said fine. I think this is where I made a HUGE mistake. I went too strong and showed too much interest. Told her I thought she was stunningly beautiful and that we should go out. An hour or so later she replied saying thanks and that she had just finished a game of softball and was all sweaty and not looking pretty at the moment. I replied that I bet she looked cute in her softball jersey. She said thanks. I replied by proposing a day (the next weekend) and a time. She never responded.

I deleted her number.

I think my mistake has been showing my hand too quick and showing too much interest too soon. In the future, say I get a number. How should I go about it in texts. Should I try to build a connection and rapport via texts before asking her out or just keep texting minimal and set the date where I can build attraction, comfort and sexual tension better?

Do you guys recommend a period of texting or msg on FB where I try to connect and flirt a bit before setting the date or just keep msg minimal and set it up.

I also get confused when I read that I should let the girl know right away I like her so that I avoid the friend zone. Verbally expressing it has proven to be a mistake so I guess the best way would be to escalate physically. What's the best way to do it ... meaning to set the tone for a romantic relationship from the get go without coming on too strong?

Thanks,

Meisterman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In texts you should be short, simple, direct, mostly serious, basically act like you don't give a fvck.

Example

Her: Haha omg I had the craziest day today. You won't believe who I saw while I was out getting coffee, I gotta tell you about it. So do you wanna catch up and get drinks together sometime this weekend?

You: Yeah sure

Her: Alright which days work best for you?

You: I'm going to see a friend on the east side tomorrow, and Saturday I'm doing some maintenance work and going to the gym. How about Sunday?

***This is key. If you don't have sh*t going on, MAKE UP SOMETHING. No girl likes a loafer guy who sits around all day on his couch waiting for her to ask him to do something because he is always available. You have to show her you are a busy an active man and you're happy without her in your life. You have to find time for HER, not vice versa.***

Make her ask the follow up questions. You want to give off the vibe that you looked at your phone and send her a short text back that took you 2 seconds to formulate then you didn't think twice about it afterward and went on with your day. Long, cheesy texts or trying to flirt with her for texts will just decrease her attraction. Your texts should be primarily for setting up physical arrangements, and that's when you make your moves to seduce her. Not during texts. Let her initiate most of the contact and if you feel like you have to chase her and you're still getting nowhere then just drop her and move on.

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips Meisterman.

I've definitely made the mistake of trying to build rapport and attraction via text. Lately she's been the one initiating conversation via texts: "anything good on TV tonight?" "I'm feeling sick and have no meds at home :(" stuff like that.

I think she's working on lining up someone in case she breaks up with her bf. She told me things have been rough lately. I don't like being the other guy or get in between a couple but also have no problem stepping in if she breaks up with him. But I won't wait or sit around waiting for any of that to happen. Maybe I shouldn't have canceled the drinks outing but she told me her sister was in town and she would let me know early if her sister wanted to hang out and she needed to cancel our outing. That didn't sit well with me and so I was like f this.

Another question I have is this ... is there any difference in the way a man should game during his 20s and his 30s? I'm 30. I feel like women expect a certain level of maturity from a guy at this age and so I hesitate to use playful cheesy kind of game/lines that may come off as childish.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by :- Nu Vision

These were my two most recent failures (both girls are co-workers).
Never talk to women that are your co-workers ever again. It just creates unnecessary drama plus you can risk losing your job over this. Never do this again.

The only reason the first chick even went to have drinks with you is because you found her phone and out of being nice. She has no interest in you and has actively mentioned that she has a BF. Never pursue women that are taken it's not worth the drama/hassle/trouble. There are too many single women out there for you to waste your time with a woman that already has a BF. She has already mentioned it a couple of times to ward you off and let you know she doesn't see you like that. She brought her friend along to hook you guys up but doesn't seem like you were paying attention. Your in the friend-zone. I highly suggest as well that you move on. You can be friends with her and get to know her but it'll be a waste of time.

As for the second girl it seems like she isn't interested in you. If you feel like nexting her you can...deleting her number is the way to go which you also already did so good job on that.

I think my mistake has been showing my hand too quick and showing too much interest too soon. In the future, say I get a number. How should I go about it in texts. Should I try to build a connection and rapport via texts before asking her out or just keep texting minimal and set the date where I can build attraction, comfort and sexual tension better?

Do you guys recommend a period of texting or msg on FB where I try to connect and flirt a bit before setting the date or just keep msg minimal and set it up.

I also get confused when I read that I should let the girl know right away I like her so that I avoid the friend zone. Verbally expressing it has proven to be a mistake so I guess the best way would be to escalate physically. What's the best way to do it ... meaning to set the tone for a romantic relationship from the get go without coming on too strong?
First off keep in mind that there aren't any "rules" to this "game" these are just guidelines. Some people don't text and just set-up dates while some people DO text to build rapport. It's really up to you. I personally like talking over the phone and setting something up so I can physically escalate that's just what I do. Try not to compliment too much about a woman's looks especially if she already knows she's attractive but rather compliment her on something different maybe an accessory she's wearing or her style of clothing...be a little different than the rest.

There is nothing wrong with showing interest and if you think you showed it too soon there is nothing wrong with that either. As men we initiate and show interest and if the woman likes us we continue to move forward. In actuality you should be proud of yourself for making a move but the timing was all off and you approached the wrong women. The only reason you got friend-zoned is because she has a BF. As for the second chick she just might not be interested either.

What I'm trying to get at is that you can try different things and experiment a little and see what works and what doesn't and most of all STAY THE EFF AWAY FROM Facebook. Don't communicate over facebook with women it's a complete waste of time. Hopefully I covered everything and hope this helps.

Keep the pimp hand strong!!!!:rockon:

Nu Vision

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Charismo,

I feel like she's really not interested in me. What threw me off was that after the initial outing with her and her friend weeks later she invited me to lunch (I couldn't go as I was busy at work). She invited me to lunch again another day (this time I went). During lunch she gave me some IOIs. After this she invited me for drinks but I canceled because I didn't see the point. She has a bf and even if she wanted to do something with me I don't like getting in between couples.

She does text me regularly. I think she wants me as a friend or backup . I'm thinking I could keep her as a friend to expand my network. I have zero female friends.

Thanks for the tip about complimenting other things not the look. I texted the second chick that she was astonishingly beautiful. Felt like a mistake the second I hit send. Even though I've failed I feel proud for trying. To me trying is what is important.

One thing I haven't done and want to do is to go to a coffee shop or mall and do random approaches to practice what I've learned.

Thanks again,