Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why are betas in relationships?

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Take my neighbor for example. She's in a relationship with a beta that provides her gifts and flowers, and they seem to be happy. She even got pregnant.

I was told being a beta provider is a no no. Why am I seeing things differently in real life as oppose to what's being said here?

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its never been said that beta providers DONT exist.

The better question is why on Earth would YOU want to be one? Essentially a beta provider is some chump who gets used by a woman when she finally wants to "settle down" and needs a man resources(wealth, father figure, etc) to raise a child.

The female is the one that leads this relationship.....not the man.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This question has been in my mind lately, so maybe it's time to put my brainwork down in a post.

First of all, why am I NOT in a relationship?

I'm fvcking picky. I have a low tolerance for bull5hit. I won't compromise my happiness. At the sight of declining interest, I eject to avoid wasting time.

Why AFCs are in relationships:

They are the opposite of everything I just listed.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its really not that profoud to be in a relationship, everyone across the globe is banging and pumping out kids.

The question is what position are you in within the relationship? Are you a desperate loser hanging on for dear life to the first girl who came along? Are you the pvssified "sitcom dad" talking about lawnmowers and being in the doghouse with your wife, complaining about never getting sex then finding out his wife has been cheating on him 10 years down the line?

Or are you complete and satisfied with yourself and dont rely on or need a woman to fulfill you? You journey through the world doing what you want and enjoy women as they come, and then let them go when the time comes. Some interactions last longer than others, but you know that all things end so you are not holding on to it.

NeverChase

Don Juan
Reaction score
Only the hot girls get the alpha males,
In our society not every woman goes with her nature and feelings. A girl might think she's in love with a beta without him being very attractive, just because she eats too much TV romance.
Also many girls want to lead the relationship because they are afraid of being hurt or feeling weak, so they choose betas.
Those are just some of the many reasons.
However your chance of getting what you want is a 1000 times better as an alpha male.

hudpes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, they live in wonderland, and will continue living there until the woman described here:

TheException said:
Essentially a beta provider is some chump who gets used by a woman when she finally wants to "settle down" and needs a man resources(wealth, father figure, etc) to raise a child.

becomes secure in her life, resources, a child. Then suddenly, she realizes she has been craving for something else the whole time, and at that point, she can afford to split with her beta boy and find an alpha. So the wake up for the beta is abrupt, he never knows how this happened.

However, this is only helping you motivate yourself from not becoming beta once you get comfy in the relationship.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said nothing of her looks. Any autistic moron can get a girl. The question is, how hot is she? I doubt the girl is cute

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
You said nothing of her looks. Any autistic moron can get a girl. The question is, how hot is she? I doubt the girl is cute

She's a 7/10.

Stugots26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People will do more to avoid pain than to gain pleasure.

A lot of insecure women will find a beta who they can still tolerate and with whom they can lead the relationship, keeping the wool over the beta's eyes that the woman is the most amazing creature in the world. A true alpha knows his value, has self-respect, and knows he has options, and isn't afraid to walk away, and that's too much instability and fear for an insecure woman, no matter how attractive the man actually is.

A recent 23-year-old plate - let's compare her options:

1. Me - lawyer at a BigLaw firm, condo, civic leader, fit. Walked away because of her nonsense.

2. Dude #2 - on again, off again beta ex boyfriend. Entry-level job in his early 30s. No ambition - biggest excitement is Halloween, videogames, and the fact that Simpson World is live. Has said I intimidate him and said that she couldn't see me while she lived with him, though she later told him that she fvcked me and...there were no consequences.

She stays with him because I won't tolerate her bull$hit, while the beta worships her every dumba$$ mental fart on Facebook and the ground she walks on, every scrap she feeds him. She's been the dumper again and again, and he's always taken her back. He's even PROPOSED TO HER and she turned him down yet he stuck around. He's a sure thing, and that's why she keeps him around.

The only reason we're still facebook friends is so that as she gains more confidence, as she gets older, she'll have the confidence to pursue me when she gets tired of his beta bull$hit.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
Its never been said that beta providers DONT exist.

The better question is why on Earth would YOU want to be one? Essentially a beta provider is some chump who gets used by a woman when she finally wants to "settle down" and needs a man resources(wealth, father figure, etc) to raise a child.

The female is the one that leads this relationship.....not the man.
Very shocking and definetley not the norm

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You wanna know the truth why you see a lot of cute girls with beta fags? The economy. I can't count on both hands how many girls I know who are struggling right now. All of a sudden that guy with the skinny beard, tattoo's, crappy job/no job and no car while still living in his parents basement isn't all too appealing. Sure, it might be fun to "go against the grain" for a chick and rebel against your friends that say "wtf are you with that bum for?". But the reality of it is right now the economy sucks and girls need guys with stable jobs and money coming in and a place to live. Think I'm kidding, I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY. Case in point, there's a vehicles for sale page on facebook locally and there's at least 5 or 6 broads on there every fvcking day with the same story "I just lost my job, I need a cheap car to get my kids to school, can anyone help me!" They are also looking for RUNNING cars in the $500-800 range, good luck with that.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because women have a preconceived idea of what they want in their mind from watching Disney movies at such a young age. Here is the catch though. Through their younger years they are not worried about settling down and are all about having fun and dating the most attractive guys, looks and personality. These will be the alphas, and they will be tearing it up.

As the women get older their maternal instincts kick in overdrive and are willing to settle with someone, like prince charming in the movies, who not only will praise the ground the lady walks on, but will provide, provide, provide without question. Also, it is far less likely that any other females will be interested in this beta male she has acquired, so the women's insecurities with this man are at a bare minimum, this will keep the woman tethered and loyal for a while. However, the wife will become extremely bored from this humdrum beta life and she will once again seek the fun and excitement of the alpha male, while the unassuming beta has no clue that his wonderful wife is getting her brains drilled out by Mr. alpha. Thus she has procured the Beta male for security, and the Alpha male to fullfill her most primitive desires. She gets the best of both worlds. The life of the woman has been fully explained, lol.

JoshSway

Don Juan
Reaction score
SeymourCake said:
Take my neighbor for example. She's in a relationship with a beta that provides her gifts and flowers, and they seem to be happy. She even got pregnant.

I was told being a beta provider is a no no. Why am I seeing things differently in real life as oppose to what's being said here?
Nothing is set in stone. And dating is very different than the courtship phase. And there are plenty of guys whose entire game is providing and they get laid all the time by ridiculously hot chicks (think extremely rich old people/powerful ugly people, etc.)

And, for every alpha, there is a set of guys out there compared to which he is beta... so ....

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SeymourCake said:

There are all kinds of ways to answer this question. For example, you could say that only betas get into relationships, while all of the alphas are down at the club banging two or three different chicks a night.

But I think it would be better to realize that the whole "alpha/beta" concept has gotten completely out of hand in the PUA community. It is supposed to be a teaching tool about attributes that are attractive to females. It isn't supposed to be a label that you stick on everybody that you know.

In the modern world, most of us are automatically alpha in certain situations (that we are good at) and beta (followers) in other situations. It isn't like a tribe where the biggest guy rules by sheer force. Besides, it's been shown that the betas often gang up and kill that guy anyway.

Guys here love to think they are alpha because they've read a few things on the manosphere. They love to look down on other men that they know in the real world. They have to be weak and clueless, because they haven't read SoSuave, right?

The truth is, most of them, and most of us, are a mix of attributes. We all have alpha, beta, masculine, and feminine tendencies in all of us. Just because this guy buys flowers doesn't mean he's a complete pvssy, or a complete chump.

Robert28 said:
You wanna know the truth why you see a lot of cute girls with beta fags? The economy. I can't count on both hands how many girls I know who are struggling right now. All of a sudden that guy with the skinny beard, tattoo's, crappy job/no job and no car while still living in his parents basement isn't all too appealing. Sure, it might be fun to "go against the grain" for a chick and rebel against your friends that say "wtf are you with that bum for?". But the reality of it is right now the economy sucks and girls need guys with stable jobs and money coming in and a place to live. Think I'm kidding, I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY. Case in point, there's a vehicles for sale page on facebook locally and there's at least 5 or 6 broads on there every fvcking day with the same story "I just lost my job, I need a cheap car to get my kids to school, can anyone help me!" They are also looking for RUNNING cars in the $500-800 range, good luck with that.
Just because a guy has no job, that doesn't make him attractive to women. One of the more "alpha" guys I've known, he used the same skills that made him good with women to help him network and get set up with some pretty sweet jobs. Just because a guy is successful, that doesn't mean he's a beta. Or vice versa.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BraddH said:
Because they never care like you do.
I don't know what you're saying to have accumulated so many red dots but I have to say it's pretty impressive.