Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First date in years

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

After a long and protracted isolation from women (the details of said isolation are for another post) I have finally decided to put my6self out there. Found this website about a year ago, in addition to others, read the bible and I've internalized a lot of what is advised/professed. I've made significant improvements in confidence and in my ability to approach and speak to women----outcome independent.

Anyway---blah, blah, blah. I had a date lined up with this one from POF. She cancels at the last minute, something about a sore throat, having to go to the dr. I said ok, take care of yourself, call me when you feel better. She said she would but I wrote the whole thing off. I really don't believe anything a woman tells me. But since an hour after she cancelled, we've been texting back and forth with some pretty heavy flirting. Or should I say suggestive?

Anyway, my question: Does her cancellation sound like a s*#t test to gauge my reaction?

Also, we rescheduled the date for later this week.

thanks

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should of told her you have a special "tool" for fixing sore throats! But hey, she rescheduled, so that's good. See what happens.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Update us on whether or not she followed through on the date.

Last time I had a POF girl age 45 flake on me by text saying she was sick, I deleted her instantly. She tried to get back in touch with me weeks later, but I wanted nothing to do with her after being disrespected.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gentlemen:

The date was tonight.

She looked NOTHING like her profile picture. I was somewhat disappointed. I think she may have been disappointed as well. To her credit, we did hang out for a while and shot some pool. It was a nice time but i'm not attracted to her.

Is this how it goes with these online dating profiles. The reality looks nothing like projected?

Anyway, tried sweet talking her, running game just to practice. But like I said, I wasn't into it so I don't think she was either. Though I did kiss her. Perhaps I should shy away from this online thing. I have another meeting lined up on Sunday with a different one though. Onward.....Perhaps this one will be better.

Also, making a concerted effort to approach off line

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With online I have had some good ones and some bad ones. Just view it as a numbers game, or even a shell game. Keep flipping them over til you sink your balls :)

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay...

kind of an update

I met the other one on Sunday. She seemed okay, a bit silly perhaps, but that's expected. We couldn't really talk much as we met at a venue where I had my four year old son with me. So I really had my mind more on him than on her.

Nevertheless, we made tentative plans to meet up this week but I don't see it happening. After some texts it is revealed that our schedules clash. Oh well. Something will happen or it won't. Either way, I'll live and be happy.

Onward...

This is turning into a report of sorts.

I also tried to pick up this one at the store but she wasn't into it. Asked her about her tattoos but no close. Next time...

FieldDay

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the basics in online dating, if there is no picture of her body, you have to assume the worst :-(

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Use WHATEVER pictures they have to look for the fat, They will give you pictures that in some cases are 10 years old. AND if you haven't figured it out, if they say they are from your area, but are "visiting Nigeria" it's a scam... They will have a problem of some kind, can you send money to help them out?....

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Jim Jam,
You brought your four year Old along?...you have no Idea...now a four year Old Dog great!...Tear yourself away from your Phone and computer start living in the real World!

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually didn't bring my son to meet a woman. I had made plans to take my son to this event weeks ago (it was an antique car show. He likes the shiny chrome and the bright colors.) I learned through e-mailing back and forth that she was also going. I told her I'd say hello if I saw her. I saw her, so I said hello.

A note on my son. He's four years old, adorable and a big hit with the ladies. I've noticed that more women will talk to me if my son is with me than if he's not. Check out lines, etc. Also, he doesn't know how to lie. So if I ask him what he thinks of his Dad's friend, I can usually bank on his answer. In this case, he told me she was funny and he wasn't too far from the mark....

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Incidentally, Scaramouch, you are 100% correct. One thing this fooling around on-line taught me is that it's simply not worth it.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear SodBuster,
Scammers are becoming a real nuisance,from not just West Africa,even the States....They are very clever,the first warning sign is that they get you off the site,isolate you,then bombard you with persuasive Mail...Upset them and my Daughter tells me,the latest is to even the score by sending a virus down the line!

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Jim Jam,
Yeah shiny old Cars I have had three Sons they all loved that!...Have you tried your local Fire Brigade Station...Fire Engines are such a turn on at that age....I well remember when my eldest was about four going into my local fire Station...there was an old Guy servicing one in the yard...He was a nice Old Chap and even turned the Siren on at which junior literally wet his pants...It's a double edged Sword though as every time we were anywhere close,we had to make a Pilgrimage to that Bluddy Fire Station LOL.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Online Dating SUCKS!!!! No other word for it. I have one on the hook who I met through POF. Tentative plans for Thursday. I'll meet her but she better either look like an underwear model or be fantastic in bed.

That's it for my online dating. Too many nuts and skankaroos

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is possible you might better luck at a different dating web site but I will of course agree with others that the best way is to just get yourself out there and have fun.