Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Narcissistic vs alpha male??

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sooo.... after reading this article here, it seemed as if the author was describing a typical alpha male who takes control and leads as a man should lead according to the typical philosophy given on here, and he is made out to be a narcissist. So what makes the difference between a narcissist and a healthy functioning alpha male? I mean everyone knows to give a little, but not too much, for as we begin to comply to everything the female wants, they then get disinterested and go away. So it seems that to be a perfect man, one has to walk on a razors edge, a hair to the left and your a self absorbed narcissist, a hair to the right and you are a female worshiping, all out beta. I know it's not as drastic as that and there is a lot of grey area, but your thoughts would be welcome.

TornadoWatch

Reaction score
Listen to some people describe narcissism, or "beta", or any other "pathology", and you'd think God himself is due for a treatment. They are so preoccupied with heroic "normalcy" and various "codes of conduct", so deeply convinced of unlimited human malleability that in their grandiose quest for universal "order" and abolition of suffering completely lose sight of human nature, if not deliberately willing to redefine it. They deny you free will and the dignity of free choice between good and evil, branding you "abnormal" for your all-too-human fallibility to sometimes do go with the evil.

I pay no heed to them.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Latin Nova,
The only comment I would offer is that a little Narcissism is not always a bad thing in a Don Juan.......Tornado watch is on the Money,and even if you are reasonably normal,if you have achieved anything in your life,you are a likely candidate for Aspergers LOL.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
latinnova said:
So what makes the difference between a narcissist and a healthy functioning alpha male?
A wage dependent on selling convoluted pyschobabble to the masses?

I think you'll find traits that are often found in "alpha males" will always be defined as "narcissistic" by the MSM hivemind just by default. It puts a nice negative spin on it for the mediocre consumer and keeps the crabs in the barrel exactly where they are.

Just more pathologizing of natural masculinity by our societal re-engineers. Ross Rosenberg you say?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The problem is that it's all about balance. You can't be what's considered "alpha" all of the time, and you can't be "beta" all of the time.

- You don't get to LEAD in all cases, sometimes you have to shut up and listen to the needs/wants/desires of the client you are speaking with.

- You don't get to LEAD in all cases, sometimes you have to shut up and follow the instructions of your District Manager.

- Sometimes you DO get to Lead, like if you are a Manager at work, operate your own independent office, etc.

- Sometimes you DO get to Lead, such as creatively designing the way YOU want your sex life to look and the types of women YOU want to deal with in your life.

This whole alpha male and beta male notion is just silly. You can't be "alpha" all the time, because if you do I BET you won't be able to function in mainstream society and we know where those guys end up (i.e. prison).

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just do what I need to do and what I want to do. They want to try to label me.... F@ck'em